Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Sinnis Apache 125 - Ongoing Modifications 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi all, please be nice as I am new; to both biking and the forum.

I decided that since I keep playing about with things on the bike I will just make one thread and post all relevant things in it.

I own a black with white graphics 2013 plated Sinnis Apache, and so far I have done the following things in chronological order:

Pictures to follow when I get time to take some.

- Removed pillion foot pegs, as I can't carry a pillion on L plates and kept catching my legs on them. Holes left open for now until I find something to blank with. I have kept the pillion hand grips for now as I use them to maneuver the bike in the limited space I have to park it.

- Applied red "wheel tape/rim tape" to both front and back wheel. I ended up having a more expensive tape and a £1.99 tape, so the front got the thin expensive tape that ended up wobbly in some places and the back got the thicker cheap tape which is perfectly round; sod's law.

- Removed stock exhaust for a Yoshimura Titan copy. Fitted with a jubilee clip for now.

- Replaced hand grips with red Pro Taper ones.

- Ordered baffle for end can as it is far too loud and I feel bad coming home from work late at night. Baffle does not fit exhaust. So DO NOT order 8" (20cm) baffles from eBay as you will end up hitting them with a hammer and then can't send them back for a refund.

Things still yet to do:

- Remove white stock graphics as I personally am not a fan. I will need to either get the tank sprayed or buy a new blank tank.

- Replace front sprocket with 16t.

- Replace air filter with K&N or similar.

- Fit crash bobbins/bungs.

- Replace stock mirrors with bar end mirrors.

- Replace any nuts/bolts/screws that are starting to rust.

- Replace foot pegs with red foot pegs.

- Replace bars.

- Replace levers.

- Possibly replace calipers / paint calipers.

- Replace spark plug.

Feel free to ask any questions etc. This is an 'ongoing' thing so don't expect me to have done all this already. If there isn't a picture of it then I haven't done it.
    Last edited by Sinnex; 08-31-2013 at 12:26 PM.

2. #2 Re: Sinnis Apache 125 - Ongoing Modifications 
    C-Moto Regular
    hi i am looking at the yoshi exhaust for my pulse adrenaline(same as apache) does it fit right on the end with out needing no pipe? also will it pass an mot without a baffle in it?

3. #3 Re: Sinnis Apache 125 - Ongoing Modifications 
    C-Moto Regular
    also have seen some nice 22mm renthal bars on ebay only £40

also get the tank sprayed up, mine is rusting and i be buggered if im gonna buy a new one so it can just start rusting again!

4. #4 Re: Sinnis Apache 125 - Ongoing Modifications 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi impulsive. Regarding the Yoshimura can, it fit straight onto where the stock pipe came off, however as it is spring secured you need to find somewhere to tie the springs to, in my case I've used a jubilee clip. I'll try and get some pictures up tomorrow (weather permitting). As for the MOT, I have no clue. I would say no to without the baffle as it is stupendously loud and as for having the baffle in, mine hasn't arrived yet so I hadn't had a chance to test the noise levels with a baffle. I am also thinking of getting a sound meter (cheap one off eBay) to test how loud the can actually is.

If you're getting the Yoshimura can I would strongly suggest buying a baffle at the same time unless you want A LOT of attention (from the police). Mine should be getting here soon and I might also order a custom made one from eBay to see which is best at suppressing the sound without losing power and so that I can make some recommendations.

Where has your tank started to rust and how old is your bike?

5. #5 Re: Sinnis Apache 125 - Ongoing Modifications 
    C-Moto Noob
    The baffle that I ordered came today and I can say that... it doesn't fit. It's the angle at which the spout is that is the problem and I haven't got any tools that would bend the baffle to try and make it fit or to cut it down so I have messaged a seller on eBay to see if he will custom make me a baffle specifically for this exhaust. Fingers crossed.

6. #6 Re: Sinnis Apache 125 - Ongoing Modifications 
    C-Moto Regular
    dont suppose i got any chance of you uploading a few photos of your wiring loom when you get the chance, i have the manual but pictures are not the best and i just stripped mine off for the new rebuild next week, paint the frame up and fit the suzuki engine

im looking particuarly at where the earth straps go and that relay thing and behind the headlight cowling

7. #7 Re: Sinnis Apache 125 - Ongoing Modifications 
    C-Moto Noob
    You will have to wait until Monday or possibly Tuesday as I'm working odd hours and won't have time to take pictures. But I'd be happy to help. Also I do have a YouTube channel; search for Sinnex or Click here. .
    Last edited by Sinnex; 08-31-2013 at 09:57 PM.

8. #8 Re: Sinnis Apache 125 - Ongoing Modifications 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnex View Post
    The baffle that I ordered came today and I can say that... it doesn't fit. It's the angle at which the spout is that is the problem and I haven't got any tools that would bend the baffle to try and make it fit or to cut it down so I have messaged a seller on eBay to see if he will custom make me a baffle specifically for this exhaust. Fingers crossed.
    bummer

9. #9 Re: Sinnis Apache 125 - Ongoing Modifications 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnex View Post
    You will have to wait until Monday or possibly Tuesday as I'm working odd hours and won't have time to take pictures. But I'd be happy to help. Also I do have a YouTube channel; search for Sinnex or Click here. .
    cheers it really would help with photos no rush though, i found your exhaust video sounds nice without the baffle in

10. #10 Re: Sinnis Apache 125 - Ongoing Modifications 
    C-Moto Regular
    these are the renthal bars on ebay!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_od...at=0&_from=R40

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast