Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Ha ha ha 
    Master of Thump
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Love the Harley, simple, basic, bobed down, nice bars no silly crome, very sweet, you have taste!

Norton is a real beauty, what year is she?

Hey I'll race you on a Bonneville of the same year!
    -----------------------------

Hey, unless you have Nitrous Oxide , you'll lose bad .
    I have the English Dunstill 923cc Race Kit installed in the 1974 850 motor on the 1972 750 Commando frame on her , with Sudco two into one 38mm Mikuni Race Carb . And Rita-Lucas race ignition .
    She's a bit quick .
    What's you got ???? Heee hee hee .
    You better pack a lunch if you realy want to race me , hee he heee .
    Just teazin, but I can smoke ANY Bonneville , unless its built . And then you still have your work cut out for you .

Oh is Spring here yet !!!! Smokin hot today , a whole 50* and sunny, yoo hoo yee haaa ...

And oh , thanks for the compliment . SHe looks even better now , the Harley that is , I did a Fat Bob 3.3 gallon tank and 3 inch more pull-back and hight on the risers . Much nicer looking and I don;t need to fill up with gas every 100 miles now either which was pain .

Later, Snortin

2. #22 Snortin's Norton 
    C-Moto Senior
    Nice looking bike. Always loved the old Britt bikes but never had enough mechanical ability to keep one running.
    Regds,
    Jim
    www.bmwsidecar.com

Howdee , No new current pics, but heres a few of the Snortin , and GUNS !!!

Hey Snorton,

What's the status of that old RX7?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

4. #24 ummmm ,,,, 
    Master of Thump
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Hey Snorton,

What's the status of that old RX7?

CC
    ---------------

Hi Crazy Carl , how's it hanging ? Little to the left today for me , but that's besides the point .

Ummm , the Mighty Mazda RX-7 is running great now , bought a new-rebuilt Nikke 4-barrel carb for it , she is top of the pops now, quickety split for sure. I love this little car , a real sportscar in all the sportscar sence of the words for sure. It had the orginal carb on it, but it went titts up obviously , and the new one I got I had rebuilt recently down in Florida by a company . Now it's back to its old self , quick !!! I love the Rotary motors , Wenkle was a freekin genious !!!! THis thing peels out in four out of the five gears , nice .... It just starts smiling at ya when you hit 100 mph , and tells you give me more Daddy Snortin .... Lot of fun Carl lot of fun is all I can say . I use it as my daily driver . 23 mpg and roughly 20 in city traffic .

I love hearing that line that from Jimbosidecar-dude , that they ( he ) don't have enough mechanical ability to keep a Britt bike running ? That baffles me ?????
    The only bike easier than my Harley to work on is the Norton , so I just don't understand why people think that Britt bikes are hard to work on ????
    I am freekin confused on that one ???? Simple bike, even for my dumb-ass ...
    I think what confuses people is they have reverse pollarity , but if you pay no never mind to that , its all good, its just an engine that needs fuel and spark , done deal ...
    Simple stuff man , almost too simple. That must be the problem with Jimbo ???
    He probably made it too hard to understand is all . It happens , I have been known to do the same thing, over think . But when all else fails , I go back to simple shit , spark, gas , mechanical . It can be no other reason for a bike not to run . Don't diagnose what "part" is wrong or broke till you rule out all three of those problems , then go for parts that are or could be causing one of the three to go south ..Keep it simple stupid !!!
    Yell at the bike , cuss , scream , do whatever it takes , but keep it simple , like my mind .

Anyway Carl, how are those beans treating you, for the price especially ???
    Speaking of Beans, need more coffeeeeeee !!!!!!!

Snortin out

Snor-tron...

Things here are good n' plenty busy what with the film festival coming up and all. Just curious, when was the last time you got to do any international travel for leisure? Maybe you can head to China and tour around in one of these side cars... it could be interesting and, I think, suiting of your persona.

I'm almost done with the beans and they are very good. I use them in the espresso machine which makes very strong coffee for the first cup but then get noticeably lighter after that. There any special tricks to using one of these things?

CC

6. #26 Yup 
    Master of Thump
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Snor-tron...

Things here are good n' plenty busy what with the film festival coming up and all. Just curious, when was the last time you got to do any international travel for leisure? Maybe you can head to China and tour around in one of these side cars... it could be interesting and, I think, suiting of your persona.

I'm almost done with the beans and they are very good. I use them in the espresso machine which makes very strong coffee for the first cup but then get noticeably lighter after that. There any special tricks to using one of these things?

CC
    Sidecar huh ?
    I would have to be the rider of the sidecar bike, not sitting in the sidecar , I trust NOBODY to ride me around , except maybe the POPE , and I don't really trust him either ??? Im'e screwed .
    I have not been over seas for a long time Carl , too long , I am ready !!!!
    But, I have too much going on here now to do that . I feel somwhat fullfilled anyway as a human having been to allot of places and seen quite allot of the world already, so its all good ...Someday when I get old I may tour again ....

Glad your enjoying the coffee . The machine on the other hand has me puzzled ????
    Always clean your filter every cup , period , or it will build up and not let you brew a strong cup .
    Also , be very consistant when tamping down your grounds into the filter
    ( you are pressing down your grind right ? ) . Also, the finer the ground, the stronger the coffee , loosely ground, week coffeee, yuk !!!
    Unpressed grounds, week coffee . Pressed grounds , strong coffee ...
    Don't overpress though, just firmly seated ...
    That all takes practice till you know your machine better and can figure out what it likes ...
    DONT ever re-use your grounds , ever !!!!! Make sure your using fresh everytime in the filter and grind only a days worth at the most each time .
    Never pour hot water into your machine , and never keep using the machine over and over trying to get four cups made, it don't like being that hot and wioll not make the coffee right each time . Consistant is what it likes and a cold water into hot is what it has to have, so fresh cold water each cup and don't let your machine get too hot trying to make other people cups of Joe. Screw them, its all about you Carl !!!!!!
    Don;t overgrind your beens either Carl, it clogs up your machien and can also make week coffee becasue it can't get the forced hot water through enough . Its an art and I am Picaso and you are Charles Schults , get it ....
    Just be patient and experiment a littel and you'll have her down in no time, like in 15 years or so , LOL !!!
    Hope this helps ????
    When that machines breaks , get a PUMP variety , shit and shinola quality of brew compaired to what your using ...Trust me on that , the little one I have now is the best coffee I have ever brewed at home in it . DeLonghi' is good stuff !!!! For $100 or so you can get a decent one too , and it makes all the difference . Mine is fussy too and am still learning it a little , but I have her just about figured out now . Took me a month and half to do it though ...
    Can you tell I take my Christian Crank seriously ? LOL , HELL YES I DO !!!!

Nice to chat with ya Carl, take her easy , take her twice if she'll let ya ...

Snortin
    Last edited by Snortin Norton; 02-06-2009 at 12:03 AM.

7. #27 Snortin Norton is Busted 
    C-Moto Senior
    Now wait just a minute. You're telling me you can rebuild from the ground up a Norton and you can't figure out a little coffee machine??? Now I don't feel so stoooopid!
    By the way, I work on Beemers so that is why my mechanical ability is limited. A- They almost never break and B- They are the easiest machine on the planet to repair.
    Regds,
    Jim
    <www.bmwsidecar.com>

. Mine is fussy too and am still learning it a little , but I have her just about figured out now . Took me a month and half to do it though ...

Snortin[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbosidecar View Post
    A- They almost never break and B- They are the easiest machine on the planet to repair.
    Thats true unless you:
    A - Don't consider regularly collapsing air shocks as a "break down" and
    B- Enjoying disassembling the entire rear end of a 1200GS in order to change the clutch.

Now if you're only talking about side cars....well that's a different matter.

CC

9. #29 BMW reliability 
    C-Moto Senior
    I don't know what you're talking about. BMW stopped making (good) motorcycles with the last airhead in about 1995.
    Regds,
    Jim
    www.bmwsidecar.com

Thats true unless you:
    A - Don't consider regularly collapsing air shocks as a "break down" and
    B- Enjoying disassembling the entire rear end of a 1200GS in order to change the clutch.

Now if you're only talking about side cars....well that's a different matter.

CC[/QUOTE]

10. #30 Now hold on 
    Master of Thump
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbosidecar View Post
    Now wait just a minute. You're telling me you can rebuild from the ground up a Norton and you can't figure out a little coffee machine??? Now I don't feel so stoooopid!
    By the way, I work on Beemers so that is why my mechanical ability is limited. A- They almost never break and B- They are the easiest machine on the planet to repair.
    Regds,
    Jim
    <www.bmwsidecar.com>

. Mine is fussy too and am still learning it a little , but I have her just about figured out now . Took me a month and half to do it though ...

Snortin
    [/QUOTE]

-------------

Now hold on Jimbo , lets get this right ???
    You somehow condoluted we were talking about Coffee machines ????
    We ( Carl and I ) are talking Esspresso machines , Dammit Jimbo stay focused man !!! LOL ...
    Esspresso machines like Carl TYPED , for you , are a whole different breed of machine . As your unaware of the obviously the Barrista' is an artist , not a Yahoo . It takes tallent to brew a good Esspresso .
    So on that note , yes I can rebuild from the ground-up , any bike pretty much with the right manuel of course and the correct tools . Essprresso machines on the other hand , I only know how to brew with them .
    Nobody said I couldn't figure out the Essppresso machine , but you .
    Stay focused man , those Horizontal machines have your mind thinking sideways too now . Hitler had the same issue !!! LOL !!!! So be carefull not to become more anal retentive and confused anymore . Drink an esspresso , it may just help you ??? Drink ten in a row and you may realize Motors are supposed to be Vertical not horizontal anyway . Sidecars should also be Vertical or non-exhistant . Never thought eye level sidecars to other CAR bumpers was very grand idea either ??? But what do I know , I can rebuild Britt machines not Esspresso machines ...

Dater Lays , Snortin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123