Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 CF650 After Market 
    C-Moto Senior
    I've noticed that the aftermarket are starting to catch on to the CF650 now. Scorpion Exhausts now have a specific fitment listed for the CF and I came across a specific listing for Ventura luggage, a top brand who now recognise the bike. I tend to think it has to be good news for the Chinese bike industry when the mainstream aftermarket suppliers start to develop specific fitments

2. #2 Re: CF650 After Market 
    Quote Originally Posted by choldy View Post
    I've noticed that the aftermarket are starting to catch on to the CF650 now. Scorpion Exhausts now have a specific fitment listed for the CF and I came across a specific listing for Ventura luggage, a top brand who now recognise the bike. I tend to think it has to be good news for the Chinese bike industry when the mainstream aftermarket suppliers start to develop specific fitments

Hi Choldy

Could you post a link for Scorpion Exhausts to fit CFMOTO bikes i just had a look and cant find it..

http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/mot...ecordtype=MOTO
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: CF650 After Market 
    C-Moto Senior
    Been looking into this and some aftermarket parts from Kawasaki er6(n) 06-08 should fit to CF650, like rear wheel huggers

4. #4 Re: CF650 After Market 
    Prince Scorpion is a UK brand and the CFmoto is re branded under the brand WK
    http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/pro...ml?autoid=1289
    Untitled.jpgcan be had in SS,Titanium or Carbon sleeve
    Kennon

5. #5 Re: CF650 After Market 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    Prince Scorpion is a UK brand and the CFmoto is re branded under the brand WK
    http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/pro...ml?autoid=1289

Kennon
    Ho shit me that was the name of the make i used to fit to my Ford RS500 back in the 80s but thanks for the Heads up
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

6. #6 Re: CF650 After Market 
    think you could easily fit a ER6 full system better gas flow through the whole system.

Kennon

7. #7 Re: CF650 After Market 
    Can the CFMoto ECU can work well with the Scorpion exhaust setup?
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

8. #8 Re: CF650 After Market 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi There, I've been running the Scorpion exhaust with no other mods for a while now, it runs really well, I get the odd backfire when I decelerate sometimes but I quite like it:)

9. #9 Re: CF650 After Market 
    Hi There, I've been running the Scorpion exhaust with no other mods for a while now, it runs really well, I get the odd backfire when I decelerate sometimes but I quite like it:)
    Any improvements in terms of power? How's the sound?
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

10. #10 Re: CF650 After Market 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    I've had an IXIL muffler (end can) fitted to a 2012 650TR (TK in some markets), with no ECU remapping for over a year. No issues. Anecdotally the IXIL adds a little more feel to the bottom end and mid range - but it's not based on a Dyno data, so take it for what it's worth. Prior to fitting the IXIL, I did try a no-name after market local brand muffler first - but it was too loud. At the time I took the muffler apart to see if I could repack it with better packing and used some exhaust 'header wrap' but this made little difference to the loudness. The sound wasn't obnoxiously loud like some HD et al., but loud enough that I decided to bite the bullet and spend the inflated amount on the IXIL. Still have the OEM and no name mufflers as well as the heavy catalytic box of tricks. The added bonus of removing the catalytic box is it might be possible to fit a centre stand with the added clearance/space underneath. There are also a couple of frame mounting points that look like they'd work for mounting a centre stand. If I was in a 'western' or developed country the adding of a centre stand is something I would explore with vigour. Unfortunately this place is a logic free zone, where penny pinching and cost cutting at the expense of quality and craftsmanship take a back seat - right at the very back! YMMV.

IMO a centre stand should be fitted as standard, especially on a touring motorcycle.

Given that some pundits claim that the CF650 (NK) carries a certain resemblance to a Kwaka ER-6N, maybe an aftermarket centre stand like a SW-Motech might fit?

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=63065
    http://www.twistedthrottle.com/shop-...nterstands?p=2
    http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...-650-2009-2014

If anyone sees a viable centre stand option that fits the 650NK/650TR 'I'm all ears'.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 08-12-2015 at 01:27 AM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast