Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: CFMOTO 650NK engine bolts 
    Quote Originally Posted by 998S View Post
    That should be enough reason for a recall for any other then a Chinese manufacturer.
    Pretty ridiculous.

RECALL what does that mean !

never heard that word in china TIC
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

2. #12 Re: CFMOTO 650NK engine bolts 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    CFMoto did a recall on my Jetmax maxi scoot within the first couple of weeks of ownership. I got a call to take my bike back to the dealer, and a CFMoto techie turned up and completed all the swapouts. My Jetmax was off the first production run, while a mates was from a subsequent run so no recall was needed on his scoot.

3. #13 Re: CFMOTO 650NK engine bolts 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I called cfmoto Australia and I was told they contacted cfmoto china regarding this issues....and the response was (which I had to follow up)
    CFMOTO CHINA/AUSTRALIA this is not an issue as they have not heard anything about this yet!!
    I know of 3 bikes in Australia that have had snapped bolts...I replaced them at my cost, high tensile bolts $8 each and new nyloc nuts

alex

4. #14 Re: CFMOTO 650NK engine bolts 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Hey Alex, I've not seen any CFMoto 650 over here in PRC with any snapped bolts, especially engine mounts. I've owned three CFmoto's since 2005 and have two in my fleet currently (Jetmax, 650TR), but then I ride each bike as designed, and take it easy where necessay on the rough stuff, avoiding potholes where possible etc. Not that I am suggesting anyone here isn't, but I do know one guy (a mate) who frequents this forum from time to time, who treats his CFMoto scoot, like a enduro bike...

I also read the PRC Chinese motorcycle forums, and I cannot recall any 650NK/650TR rider/owner complaining about snapped bolts/engine mount bolts. Therefore the response via your dealer from CFMoto company seems accurate/predictable - "it's not been an issue " and "first they heard of it". If you have photos of all THREE bikes with broken bolts, then send (PM) me them and I will get in touch with CFMoto directly.

5. #15 Re: CFMOTO 650NK engine bolts 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by pommie View Post
    I called cfmoto Australia and I was told they contacted cfmoto china regarding this issues....and the response was (which I had to follow up)
    CFMOTO CHINA/AUSTRALIA this is not an issue as they have not heard anything about this yet!!
    I know of 3 bikes in Australia that have had snapped bolts...I replaced them at my cost, high tensile bolts $8 each and new nyloc nuts

alex

Hi Alex,
    Thanks for posting your issue, can you tell me where you bought the replacement high tensile bolts/what brand etc?
    In in Sydney and have just found two snapped bolts on my 650NK that hold the motor in, need to replace and would like to buy quality items.

Brendan

6. #16 Re: CFMOTO 650NK engine bolts 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi brendos....ive text friend in sydney (brookvale area) and ask where he got his bolts from. But in the mean time call a few bolt suppliers and ask for cost of high tensile M10 200mm long with 140mm shoulder and nyloc nut..if they help im happy to get you some from adelaide and send to you.

alex

7. #17 Re: CFMOTO 650NK engine bolts 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by pommie View Post
    Hi brendos....ive text friend in sydney (brookvale area) and ask where he got his bolts from. But in the mean time call a few bolt suppliers and ask for cost of high tensile M10 200mm long with 140mm shoulder and nyloc nut..if they help im happy to get you some from adelaide and send to you.

alex
    Thanks Alex, Ill try and find the spec you mentioned (high tensile M10 200mm long with 140mm shoulder and nyloc nut.) and post how I go once Ive found a supplier in Sydney in case anyone else is looking for it.

8. #18 Re: CFMOTO 650NK engine bolts 
    the shear problem might come from wrong or not applied torque to the bolts.
    a) too less or no torque = shear forces are higher than clamping force. (deadly for a bolt)
    b) Too high Torque = material yield strength is exceeded (ductile deformation causes again effect like a) )

pay attention to the correct torque!

in german we say "nach fest kommt ab" which means " after exceeded tightening next is snap"
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12