Hello everyone, I am in the process of preparing for a Silk Road trip which will start in Zhejiang and pass through Chengdu, Kashgar, Samarkand, Turkmenbashi, Baku to Istanbul. I want to do this route as cheaply as possible and am planning to use a Chinese made bike under 500cc and over 200cc. I have a short list of potential candidates but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or warnings.
So far it includes the Shineray X5 or X3, Zongshen RX3 and a dealer mentioned the GW250. I was thinking the first two companies might be interested in sponsoring the trip as they seem to be marketing their new bikes as long distance enduro models. But I figure in order to get them interested, I would have to have some guanxi, which i currently lack...
If anyone knows of any other bike options that i haven't considered or has any advice on getting a sponsorship or anything else, I would appreciate hearing it. Also, does anyone have any experience getting a license or registering a motorcycle in Zhuji or Shaoxing?