Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 new member in Brighton 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello all,

I'm just about to take the plunge and jump on a bike at the age of 40 something. Ill be doing a 4mile commute to work on the streets of Brighton at the moment I cycle but don't fancy that in the winter, and as we have only one car in the family now I like the idea of getting a bike. Initially I was going to get a 50cc vespa but with the bike shop 'On The Wheel' is very near to where I work and I have been convinced to do my CBT and get a 125 manual bike. 'On the Wheel' are Sinnis so I've had a god look at what they sale and done some research on the web and like to look of the Trackstar or Retrostar.

So thats my introduction over. Will keep you posted any progress, CBT booked for two weeks time.....cheers

2. #2 Re: new member in Brighton 
    C-Moto Senior
    Welcome to the board, I spent a long weekend in Brighton recently, great place, I'm down they coast in Southampton, enjoy the new bike

3. #3 Re: new member in Brighton 
    C-Moto Regular
    Welcome, I am also new to the forum... I didn't jump on a bike till I was 44 and took my test at 46.... That was a number of years ago... Not looked back since loved every moment of it and the very unique comradery that comes from riding motorbikes... Regardless of which country you are from ;)

4. #4 Re: new member in Brighton 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by choldy View Post
    Welcome to the board, I spent a long weekend in Brighton recently, great place, I'm down they coast in Southampton, enjoy the new bike
    cheers, I was born in Winchester and a life long Saints fan!

5. #5 Re: new member in Brighton 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by 650TR Rider View Post
    Welcome, I am also new to the forum... I didn't jump on a bike till I was 44 and took my test at 46.... That was a number of years ago... Not looked back since loved every moment of it and the very unique comradery that comes from riding motorbikes... Regardless of which country you are from ;)

thanks for the welcome.....really looking forward to my CBT, only a bit concerned about gears/co ordination!!

6. #6 Re: new member in Brighton 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by brokeLad View Post
    thanks for the welcome.....really looking forward to my CBT, only a bit concerned about gears/co ordination!!
    dont be i done mine in 3 hours practice makes perfect its not really a test just making sure ready for the road and once you get used to it it will feel like second nature

7. #7 Re: new member in Brighton 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well, CBT out of the way, glad its over cause I found it quite stressful. I haven't even sat on a bike before so it was ALOT to take in. I did it on a manual bike and am feeling very proud of myself. I wasn't shore they were going to let me on the road because my control of the bike was a bit dodgy at times but out I went for 2 very tense hours and at the end I got my certificate...wooo hoo!!

I kept leaving my indicators on and some of my observations were a bit slack but all that was due to me concentrating on gear changes. Cant wait to get my bike now and get out on the road and practise. Still thinking about the Sinnis trackstar/ retrostar or a 2nd hand yamaha tw 125, the problem with the 2nd hand choice is that none are coming up local to me so I may be in for a wait.

Big decision......I like the idea of getting a brand new bike as long as it lasts, Im right on the coast here in Brighton so sea air and rust may be problem.......I believe some people coat the bikes in a spray to protect it??

cheers for listening

Craig

8. #8 Re: new member in Brighton 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by brokeLad View Post
    Well, CBT out of the way, glad its over cause I found it quite stressful. I haven't even sat on a bike before so it was ALOT to take in. I did it on a manual bike and am feeling very proud of myself. I wasn't shore they were going to let me on the road because my control of the bike was a bit dodgy at times but out I went for 2 very tense hours and at the end I got my certificate...wooo hoo!!

I kept leaving my indicators on and some of my observations were a bit slack but all that was due to me concentrating on gear changes. Cant wait to get my bike now and get out on the road and practise. Still thinking about the Sinnis trackstar/ retrostar or a 2nd hand yamaha tw 125, the problem with the 2nd hand choice is that none are coming up local to me so I may be in for a wait.

Big decision......I like the idea of getting a brand new bike as long as it lasts, Im right on the coast here in Brighton so sea air and rust may be problem.......I believe some people coat the bikes in a spray to protect it??

cheers for listening

Craig
    Hey Craig,

Congratulations, yep get back on a bike as soon as you can.

Best you did the manual gear change version... It's worth the extra effort...

When I've been to Brighton there always quite a few bikes parked up on the front... Maybe you could have a chat with them if they are local, maybe they could advise regarding coating the bike to help prevent the rust... I suppose on of the best things is wash the bike regularly and good quality polish like maguires or similar. To protect the bike.
    We'll let us know what you decide to buy.

Cheers

Tony

9. #9 Re: new member in Brighton 
    If you like that style, the oversized tires then consider the RT125 Karion, here is one in Hampshire for 750, it has close to 10k miles on it though offer less for it.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...gal/1034099264

The Hyosung will have twice the hp of the bikes your looking at.

Here is one in Newington seems better….
    http://dealerservices.autotrader.co....70800&pageid=2

10. #10 Re: new member in Brighton 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Wow, thanks for bringing those to my attention...Korean bikes then? Look Very much like the TW 125. Never heard of that brand before.

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    If you like that style, the oversized tires then consider the RT125 Karion, here is one in Hampshire for 750, it has close to 10k miles on it though offer less for it.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...gal/1034099264

The Hyosung will have twice the hp of the bikes your looking at.

Here is one in Newington seems better….
    http://dealerservices.autotrader.co....70800&pageid=2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast