Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. #51 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Must be an Asian thing, not just China. Shoe stores don't sell laces in case you only buy new laces and not new shoes!!
    I agree!! but Vietnam is like little China, think even china consider Vietnam as a province and not a country ;)
    why it can't be like Thailand? ou.. but at least in here traffic cops don't want to stop you .. unlike in Thailand where they see white skin and they want your money :)

2. #52 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    C-Moto Guru
    Pete is back and he's still Sober!
    My first report in ages and I'll keep it brief. I still have the YBR 250 but I'm looking to sell it asap. It runs great and I'm sad to let it go but I have to now that I have a new bike.
    -16K for the bike, as it came brand new with a little scratch here and there.
    -18K for the bike + 4k worth of apparatus and spare parts (I kept a spare of almost everything because I don't like waiting for stuff).

The 650NK:
    Pros so far
    I just broke the 800km wall and it's loads faster up to 138kph in 6th gear at 6000rpm.
    The seat is comfy, the gears shift smoothly, the engine is smooth and sounds great, the brakes are sharp and the shocks soak up the road.

Probs so far
    I have problems starting the bike 50% of the time, the little red light comes on and the dials rotate up and down over again even though they already did that after you turned the key a few seconds before. Like ZMC888 said, turn it off and on again once or twice and it isn't an issue and the red light won't display any problems.
    I love the bike and I love the ride. If only the cheap raw iron bolts, pegs, gear shifter, brake pedal and the cheap electrical bits and bobs were already replaced with half decent odds and ends then ZMC888 and I wouldn't have the hassle of doing it all ourselves.

Our dealership in Zichuan doesn't seem interested in helping us with getting spare parts any time soon. I wish we had some guanxi to get the boss down there motivated. ZMC888 is going to be bikeless this holiday due to a tiny issue on a brand new 35K rmb bike that's barely done 1000kms.

3. #53 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    Had a visit from a CFMOTO 'mechanic'. Damn that guy was a clueless dork. Kept telling the factory the ECU had Ducati on it, is it a code number? No you dolt it's that name of the company who made it. Had to teach him how to take the side panels off. He came to the conclusion that it was the same part broken that my much better mechanic had already said and naturally was of no use other than to waste an hour my time. Is this good customer service? No.

4. #54 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    Had a visit from a CFMOTO 'mechanic'. Damn that guy was a clueless dork. Kept telling the factory the ECU had Ducati on it, is it a code number? No you dolt it's that name of the company who made it. Had to teach him how to take the side panels off. He came to the conclusion that it was the same part broken that my much better mechanic had already said and naturally was of no use other than to waste an hour my time. Is this good customer service? No.

At lest you had a vist from a CF dork when my water pump went after 2 days and 50km was told by CF costomer service "Its no big thing just take it in to a bike shop and get it fixs "at my cost so you are the lucky one
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #55 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    At lest you had a vist from a CF dork when my water pump went after 2 days and 50km was told by CF costomer service "Its no big thing just take it in to a bike shop and get it fixs "at my cost so you are the lucky one
    How can a bloke whom is the crappiest mechanic I've ever seen turning up and not fixing my bike be 'lucky'?

6. #56 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    Bike fixed! Woohoo!

So I used some connections and managed to get the TPS sent quicker on warranty, it came unnecessarily with the whole throttle body attached, because the TPS doesn't have it's own parts number. So if you break this $15 part you'll have to pay 1000 RMB ($150) for the whole thing, cripes.

CFMOTO really need their own official parts selling thing on Taobao. I'm sure I'm not alone in being a much happier CFMOTO rider knowing that any part is only a 48 hour EMS express delivery away. I don't want to wait weeks for things to be sent, it just sucks.

7. #57 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    CFMOTO really need their own official parts selling thing on Taobao.
    They do - its a TMall shop though they don't stock everything, however it can be down from time to time when they update parts etc. It's down today, but was okay Friday when I checked at the office. So don;t be surprised when it's offline and not reachable. Give a few days and it'll likely be back up again. Bit like the company website was down for about a fortnight or so. Major redesign and hosting upgrade.

8. #58 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    It's not the cost of buying new expensive parts that is annoying, nor even getting them fitted. It's the Chinese mentality of NEVER holding enough inventory. Your dealer will NEVER have your parts in stock, and there will NEVER be any in your province either. So it's always 'phone the factory and get them sent'. Chinese customer service sucks and is uber glacial slow so if your electronics are a bit crappy you bike will be off the road for weeks a year waiting for new parts. That's the lamest thing. Personally I'd love to retrofit carbs, but can't be bothered with the hassle of sourcing them and making my bike illegal.
    Maybe it's a world thing here in OZ if you go to a dealer for parts strong chance it's gonna be order in..Sometimes it's quicker getting the part from a online MC shop in the states certainly cheaper.

9. #59 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    Seriously loving this bike, after 11 years of small bikes in China I was absolutely desperate for something more powerful, but not desperate enough for something stolen and/or illegal. When the bike wouldn't run because of a tiny electrical part before it was run-in it almost drove me nuts. Now however it's pure bliss, bike running sweetly, all changed to fully synthetic oil, saving for Bridgestone 02's. Hope we can fix any parts supply problems and can get that niggly water pump seal done and rear seat and we're all good.

10. #60 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    That's some classic china-bike bipolar syndrome!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast