Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
  1. #91 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    Some spring cleaning and upgrades @ 6000 kilometers.

New Pirelli Diabolo Rosso 2 tires. Rear 1000 yuan, front 700 yuan. PM me for contact details.

rear tire.jpg Side.jpg

The first time the wrong front tire was sent, which was a 120/60-17, when it needs a 120/70-17. So profile was too low, to be blunt I wasn't happy, I told the guy three times with phone/Email and text the sizes, also in Chinese and English. However he did express deliver the correct sizes later, which was really good, everyone makes mistakes, but it's how you deal with them that makes the difference. Also rear tire is stamped as 'Made in Germany' as was the incorrect front tire. However the replacement front tire has 'Made in China' on it. I have already put 1000 or so kilometers on the tire so I know it's OK, but 700 yuan for the front tire that's been made in China is a bit much. If Alex C is reading this are all Asia Pirelli tires Made in China? Or worldwide market?

Brief review: Pirelli Diabolo Rosso 2

So I'll just compare these with the CST tires for easy reference.
    Riding a motorcycle is a confidence based activity. Any component which even has a 'dodgy' reputation can damage rider confidence and then make you more tense on the bike and then ride less well and enjoy riding less. The CST tires are 'fine' in truth compared with the Pirelli, in fact quite similar in feel, the Pirelli rear spins up less under power on a clean road, but spins up more than the CST on a dusty dirty or bumpy road. The Demons also feel more stable and track a little better though the corners and inspire confidence to lean more and trust the bike. A racetrack would really highlight the differences between these tires much better than the road, and if I could I damn well would, but not much in easy reach around here. Good tires, bit miffed the front is made in China. Might get Michelin Pilot Road next time.

Maxxis seem desperate to throw away their money and market share refusing to sell Maxxis tires in China, seems they don't want to damage the reputation of their 'premium brand' in China. Read this Maxxis: 'nobody wants CST' it's not they are bad, they just don't inspire confidence, and that is a key part of motorcycling. Taiwan is just a hop over the water, surely it couldn't be hard to undercut these tires imported from Europe and have some Maxxis avialble through the same channels as CST and Sakura?
    Last edited by ZMC888; 03-29-2014 at 07:38 AM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910