Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Glad to hear you are enjoying the bike. I appreciate the level of detail in the review. As a fellow NK owner it has provided me with a list of things to check on my own bike.

2. #22 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    C-Moto Senior
    Great review, I am also loving my NK. I agree with the fastener issue 100%. I've found that I've stripped a couple of threads on the frame for attaching bodywork, the cutting of threads in the frame is very hit and miss. I have bought a workshop set of thread repair inserts so I have inserts to hand as I need them. I think I might also go through the bike and check and replace any low quality fasteners as I come across them.

a huge miss for me is no trip meter, I really like that as a back up as I've always found motorcycle fuel gauges to be pretty hit and miss. Secondary for me is to find an add on clock that doesn't spoil the looks of the gauge area of the bike.

really interested to hear anyone's ideas on add on trip meter solutions.....

3. #23 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    Quote Originally Posted by choldy View Post
    I've found that I've stripped a couple of threads on the frame for attaching bodywork, the cutting of threads in the frame is very hit and miss. I have bought a workshop set of thread repair inserts so I have inserts to hand as I need them. I think I might also go through the bike and check and replace any low quality fasteners as I come across them.
    Not had a problem with the frame threads, I'll try and be careful with them. I think there are nearly unlimited options with the thread lengths and shapes. You can buy reasonably price titanium bolts in the same sizes.

4. #24 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Not had a problem with the frame threads, I'll try and be careful with them. I think there are nearly unlimited options with the thread lengths and shapes. You can buy reasonably price titanium bolts in the same sizes.
    Hi Zmc888

I just use stainless steel ones found a shop that has loads all types "Titanium" i ahd it hard to find the SS shop not surs in china if people know about these lol
    but good luck
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #25 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    Prince the problem being is that most of the steel bolts you can buy in China and on the web internationally are made in China then you are back to square one. If you want good quality steel you have to pay quite a bit for it. However you can buy very strong and of course light weight and non-corroding titanium for a price, but considering I want to keep the bike for 10 years or more it's worth it, would be buying from western web shop of course.

6. #26 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    Prince the problem being is that most of the steel bolts you can buy in China and on the web internationally are made in China then you are back to square one. If you want good quality steel you have to pay quite a bit for it. However you can buy very strong and of course light weight and non-corroding titanium for a price, but considering I want to keep the bike for 10 years or more it's worth it, would be buying from western web shop of course.

Ho i see i be happy if the TR last 3 years as for 10 years i think the odds are more in the favour with in 10 years riding a bike in china you will be killed? but i like your thinking no harm being a Optimistic i am more a skeptical when it come to how long it will last, ok so i am being a bit of a pessimistic but TIC .And i only have a 1 year visa as well lol
    Last edited by prince666; 09-15-2013 at 04:23 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #27 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    ur with in 10 years riding a bike in china you will be killed?
    Already survived 11 years riding in China.

8. #28 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    Already survived 11 years riding in China.
    I hope you can do 10 more well all the best

9. #29 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    Odd, horn only works intermittently. Need to look at the wiring probably in or near the switch.

10. #30 Re: New CFMoto 650NK blog x2 
    I think I've got a coolant leak coming from a seal around the front right hand side of the bike, probably the water pump.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast