Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Someone tried stealing my bike! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi guys,

So I was in work doing my usual night shift left my bike out back in the loading bay, where you need a key code to get through the gates or you can easily walk up the side way! Well recently quite a lot of people have been rummaging through the bins and been looking at my 2013 Pulse Adrenaline. I noticed one night after work my clocks seemed a little bent, decided to have a look at the CCTV and some person actually had the cheek the try and snap my steering lock. Upon failing terribly he left and nothing else was done.

But oh no this isn't the first time the bastard has tried this, the very first day I got the bike someone messed around with the ignition barrel and ripped some of it out, everything still worked though! Which is the reason I asked for the key code so I could park it out back, okay £40 to replace not that much but c'mon didn't even have the bike 24 hours and it nearly got stolen and with third party insurance only I'd be gutted if something happened to her.

Invested in a cyclone alarm which also has an immobilizer which cost a fair £22 on eBay but it's going to cost £100 to fit, worth it I suppose it'll bring my insurance down quite a bit too.

So within 6 months of me having the bike it's been nearly stolen twice and I've had to pay about £70 in parts for it!

If I knew how to upload photos without them taking up my whole screen then I'd post the damage the guy did!

2. #2 Re: Someone tried stealing my bike! 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Sorry to read of the problems you've experienced. I'd be speaking with the employer though, as this can be regarded as a OSH/OHS issue. Essentially your employer does have a responsibility to provide a safe and secure environment. You might like to check with any community advisory service to gain an appreciation of both where you and your employers responsibilities lay in this regard. You've shown you have taken reasonable steps to mitigate the theft opportunity etc.; sought better parking arrangements - though this is an issue if outsiders can access what sounds like what should be a secure area; and bought (though not yet installed) an anti-theft device. You may find that your employer has certain liabilities that you're not aware of.
    Good luck.

3. #3 Re: Someone tried stealing my bike! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Sorry to read of the problems you've experienced. I'd be speaking with the employer though, as this can be regarded as a OSH/OHS issue. Essentially your employer does have a responsibility to provide a safe and secure environment. You might like to check with any community advisory service to gain an appreciation of both where you and your employers responsibilities lay in this regard. You've shown you have taken reasonable steps to mitigate the theft opportunity etc.; sought better parking arrangements - though this is an issue if outsiders can access what sounds like what should be a secure area; and bought (though not yet installed) an anti-theft device. You may find that your employer has certain liabilities that you're not aware of.
    Good luck.
    I actually didn't even know I could do anything about that. I spoke to my manager the day after the incident happened and now he's letting me park it on the shop floor, so no one other than people who are on the premises can touch it or go near it. Thanks Bikerdoc

4. #4 Re: Someone tried stealing my bike! 
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLiam View Post
    I actually didn't even know I could do anything about that. I spoke to my manager the day after the incident happened and now he's letting me park it on the shop floor, so no one other than people who are on the premises can touch it or go near it. Thanks Bikerdoc
    Glad to see everything works out.
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750