Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: CFMOTO 650TR NEW REVIEW 
    Quote Originally Posted by 650TR Rider View Post
    Nice couple of mods... Thanks for taking the time to photograph, describe and share with us.

不客气 (bú kè qi)

Your welcome 650TR shit does that bike lean over to far and allso i have found with the new foot on the stand i can get 2L more of fuel in the tank now me and Bikerdoc are working on the lights now then the seat so please keep looking in MCM loads of things going on with the TR in china

And please post stuff what you dont like about the TR you are safe to do for sure lol

Time i have loads no work just lay on the beach with a beer at 12p for a big bottel with a smoke at 60p a pack or just ride about on the bikes with fuel at 76p L shit its hard life here in China

"Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

2. #12 Re: CFMOTO 650TR NEW REVIEW 
    Cool side stand mod, but really you shouldn't of had to do it. CFMoto really should have ordered longer stands for the TR. NK doesn't have this problem. I wonder why it's so much higher, longer suspension travel possibly.

3. #13 Re: CFMOTO 650TR NEW REVIEW 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Cool side stand mod, but really you shouldn't of had to do it. CFMoto really should have ordered longer stands for the TR. NK doesn't have this problem. I wonder why it's so much higher, longer suspension travel possibly.
    Thanks ... you are dead right why should i have had to do this CF got it wrong and must of know it was not right you cant even fill the tank up to it capacity and to save money CF just used the NK stand as i said in the post the stand is a cast stand so CF would of had to have a new mould made to cast a longer stand for the TR. The bike club will be in Zimbo next weekend at a dirt bike race bring you NK along so we can all have a look ZMC888
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #14 Re: CFMOTO 650TR NEW REVIEW 
    Repair water leak !

Bike brand new out of the box found a very small water leak from the bottom of the water pump. no big thing as it was very small leak and would only leak when first start on when you stop need not leak under load i think ! very hard to look and ride at the same time lol . now my production date on the bike is september 2012 my bike has been in a box for over a year with a dealer thats why i got mine very cheap . so i think if you bike was made after this date you should be fine .Why do i say this because the other day i was in a CFmoto Dealers shop and one of the engineer told me that he has seen this before but on older NK bikes .....

Picture above you can see the leak from the bottom of the water pump

when the engineer in the CF shop told me about this he allso show me the part that was bad and its the spring loaded rubber seal under the water impeller in the pump housing .

So what happens now !! yes ring CF was told to take the bike to the dealer it come from not so easy some times in china because the dealer it come from was 400km away . was told by CF on the phone no big thing just take it to a shop and get it fixs at my cost . But i said its 2 days old and dont it have a 2 year warranty ..... So the first lesson here is buy a CF at a dealer near you !

NO other CF dealer can order parts or work on it with out you paying

Ok no big thing i am 7000 rmb to the front on the deal so lets just fix the fucking leak and be done with it.

I am lucky because loads of the club members work on there own bikes and are very good friends and help all other bike club members out and most have manufacturing companies and are used to fixing things with machines when these go wrong and must happen a lot here in China lol

Was told by the club boss Mr wang to go to Mr kong shop and all will be sorted
    now Mr kong speaks 0% english and my chinese is about 2.99999 % this looks like fun

I did not say northing about what i think was wrong beacuse a lot to do with the 2.9999% but we both got stuck in very quick got to the pump very easy to take it apart , and then Mr Kong was looking at the water pump spring loaded seals i was talking about above . Now its nice when friends like MR kong looks at your bike because no big rush take his time look at every thing cleans all the parts check all the machins faces. then looks at me and points to the seals .. well done spot on my old mate go to the top of the class.

so off he goes on his 50cc small bike and comes back in 10 mins with a new set how the shit did he do that we dont have a CF dealer around here closest ones is 60 km away so i just had to check his bike agian to make sure it was not turbocharger

Made in China on the bag but what bike is it from ?? will it fit is it right does he know what he is doing this is a new bike i keep thinking to myself.

Had a look at the bits with the OE ones and looks spot on now the new seals are held in the back plate of the pump in front of a nylon bush which is a bit hard to get out but from what i could see Mr kong has done this loads of time before with other bikes . Old seal out new one in took his time used water sealants and sears of oil when needed. looks like a good job . when you fit the back plate of the water pump back on you then fit the water impeller which is held in place by a bolt when Mr kong fitted the impeller back and tighten the bolts the impeller did not spin freely just by a very very small bit maybe it was the new parts maybe it was someting else . Mr kong work out we need a very very thin packer washer now i am talking 1000s now just to pack the impeller out a bit .

So off goes Mr Kong and brings back beer can ? i looked at him and said to my self ONLY ONE or was it time for Mr kong to get pissed . NO it was to cut out a very thin washer ?? now you are talking about a 3mm bolt with the O.D. about 6mm well shit me he done it re-bolted the impeller back tighted up the locking bolt spot on job, well done Mr Kong have a beer

So thats the story how to fix my water pump . hope you enjoyed the story as much as i did having it fixs

Now very importance there is a lesson to be learn here dont think when the fitter come out with a beer in his hand it is time to get pissed he could just making a washer

Have a good day
    Last edited by prince666; 09-17-2013 at 08:48 PM.

5. #15 Re: CFMOTO 650TR NEW REVIEW 
    I think mine has this exact same problem, mine is August 2013 manufacture so that's probably a b.s. 'earlier models only' theory, most likely a peasant ingrate putting a seal in the wrong way round on the domestic model line. Did you have to drain the coolant to fix this?

6. #16 Re: CFMOTO 650TR NEW REVIEW 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    I think mine has this exact same problem, mine is August 2013 manufacture so that's probably a b.s. 'earlier models only' theory, most likely a peasant ingrate putting a seal in the wrong way round on the domestic model line. Did you have to drain the coolant to fix this?
    Yes drain out all the coolant to do the jod

7. #17 Re: CFMOTO 650TR NEW REVIEW 
    NEW LCD CLOCK FOR 650TR

With the lack of a clock on the bike it was 1 more small job to do.I needed a clock which was run by batteries... so no wiring needed but because it was a battey clock it did not come with a back light so if i got one which was so easy to see then i dont need a back light for night riding so the one i found on Taobao was this link :

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=17861606313

And only cost £1

Hope the batteries will last over a year but it not the clock is only double sided tape on so i can fit new batteries very easy the location i picked which you can see in the pictures is best suited for the clock , it will look better if you have the new export srceen or like Bikerdoc have raised he screen away from the top dash because then you can rise the new LCD clock up a bit further so the clock is level with the bottom of the dash surrounding.

well its my way on having a CLOCK on the TR so now my food is hot when i get home lol

8. #18 Re: CFMOTO 650TR NEW REVIEW 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Nice. There are some little LCD clocks of similar design that slide in and out of a base which would make it easier to remove the clock to replace batteries etc. The one thing I note for my situation is that the clock is located pretty much exactly where I plan to install my smartphone holder. No biggie, I'd simply mount the clock differently. For your application Prince666 it works.

smartphone holder-1.jpg

As far as the smartphone mount, it has three arms that attach to one another. I remove the suction cup arm section and the one that this arm connects into. This leaves a single short arm that has the base which connects into the holder itself. The two other arms are essentially surplus to requirements as they are not needed. Can't buy the short stubby arm and the actual holder though.

smartphone holder-1.jpg

I plan to drill a small hole through the top of the dash and then bolt the arm to it. I've done this on both my Burgman 650 and Jetmax scoots. Works very well. The holder mounts line of sight, allowing easy use and interaction of the smartphone display and especially useful for navigating with the HTC HD2 GPS (GarminXT).

To use this mounting method on the 650TR requires lifting the screen off of the base (top of the dash) which I've done already, so it's a fairly straight forward install. Will do it this evening then link to the install post here.

Here's one Taobao seller with the same smartphone/gps holder.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 09-23-2013 at 07:54 AM.

9. #19 Re: CFMOTO 650TR NEW REVIEW 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Do they come in Black......

10. #20 Re: CFMOTO 650TR NEW REVIEW 
    Quote Originally Posted by CFMOTO Brad View Post
    Do they come in Black......
    what shade of black are you looking for !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast