Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Right on! Another Chonky Mother Fucker!

If you've got a few pics of your work and winning smile sitting around, we have a new searchable forum gallery which is waiting for some member pics.

11 days in jail eh? Must have been fun. Would like to hear more about that sometime is it's okay. Do you have a blog or summat?

Also, being in Shanghai and riding CJs you must know a dude who used to be on here named Butch. What happened to him anyway?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

He's still around it think...(this is the guy that was running the Red Devils MC in shanghai right???), never met him (yet). I do know that one of his old bikes ended up with a friend of mine in MoGan Shan, a guy by the name of Mike, he owns the "Lodge" an brish style pub at the summit....

We can help you with getting the bike. But registering is better as local to you as possible, you can register it here with us, but Shandong plates in Shanghai? Only the cops know what they think of that, nobody else does.

11 days in jail, too harsh I think.

We are here for you, just ask, anyway we can help we will...

4. #14 10 days for no license, one extra for roughing up an guard 
    Hey Carl,

Yeah, I have no blog or anything but the long story short.... I was driving my Chang Jiang without a "D" class license. Well no Chinese license. I was working on it but it was such a long process I just joined the ranks of other guys who didnt have a license and still drove it.... well i got caught and so i did what an local in my position would have done I went to jail for what was a ten day detention. The officer that is in charge of your case is supposed to be the officer that picks you up by 12:00 pm (noon) on the Tenth day. My guy forgot to show so I was not released. i spoke to the guard at 1:00 pm on the tenth day and asked what was happening he just started to laugh and so we had a little altercation, so they did not call the officer until the next day to remind him.... that how I got the extra day.... Stupid right???

Street cred right!?

5. #15 Mongolia plates on the CJ 
    ShanDong plates would work. . I currently have Mongolia(china) plates on the CJ and the police seem okay with the that. Its a loop hole in the Shanghai law (maybe China) so as long as I dont challange them and give them there "face" all is cool. I even have a few cop buddies....if you can't be them join them. As far as my new China Moto I have my wife and her families HuKo's and my families huko's so at least the family name is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaifingers View Post
    Hey Carl,

Yeah, I have no blog or anything but the long story short........ that how I got the extra day.... Stupid right???

Street cred right!?
    Wow man that seems to be the kind of stuff most of us would like to avoid. How was the food in jail?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

7. #17 Great food 
    Actually the food is quite good... I still have not found Mantou(pingying spelling?) as tasty as in the joint.... but dont be fooled, they dont have a foriegner Detention center. They have a website and everything for it.... but they lie, they told my wife that was were I was going but I was sent (were all foreigners are sent in Shanghai) to the Max-security prison in Pudong by the airpot. 24-7 lock down in a 19x8 meter cell with 15 other guys and no beds. Probably for my own good, they keep really close tabs on everything inside.

Sounds OK for Shandong plates then .

Have a look into what manufacturer's bike you want, chat and read up on what people say about the bikes, makes buying easier, less window shopping. I personally don't really trust Zongshen, but everyone likes different bikes.

I would always prefer a joint venture bike, a Chinese and Japanese manufacturer together. I suggest the new Qingqi 250:

Mostly based on Suzuki technology, made in Jinan too, only 100kms from us!

The Yamaha (Jianshe) YBR250 is really cool, much too expensive for 23,000RMB ( I would pay 14,000-15,000 for it though and be happy)..

you hit the nail on the head... the Qing Qi 250. Just dont know if I want a super moto or dual sport configuration

Tricky problem, but maybe if you live in a city, motard?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast