Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Gorka´s CFM 650 NK 
    Going back home from work the bike was acting a little funny again.
    Not as bad as before, but not completely smooth either. I clipped the hoses close to the carb to check and still no improvement. Maybe the hoses have some small crack upstream of where I clipped, close to the nipple, and when I messed with it i closed it but now it has opened again.
    Besides, you can notice in the picture the hoses are a scant too short there too, so it wouldnt be a surprise they are damaged. And the bike had been running low on coolant too.
    They are pretty stuck too, so I cant pull them out without breaking them, so lets see if i can get some new hose and fix it for good.
    2060.jpg

Hi Symon, I miss my car too! But i dont wish it were here, I love it too much!

2. #12 Re: Gorka´s CFM 650 NK 
    I forgot to mention two more issues in my bike:

The brake pedal was way too high. It was posible to adjust it to a comfortable position, but i had to remove one of the two counternuts in the gap between the piston and the lever so I could bring them close enough.

I also found that the brake light switch at the pedal was not working. When trying to detach it I had a stream of wáter running down the sleeve. It must had been there for quite some time because I had not washed the machine previosuly. When I managed to access the inside of the switch, I found it covered in rust. So Id say cut the sleeve above the switch and wrap some tape around it to make it wáter tight.

3. #13 Re: Gorka´s CFM 650 NK 
    Gorka,

I really missing not having one of my cars here in China, I've got 4 Nissans / Datsuns sitting in a mate's garage in Spain. I wouldn't want to use them that much, just have them, look at them, clean them, tinker with them. I also miss my motorbikes so as soon as I sort out my motorbike license a Shineray X5 will be sitting in my garage. No quite the Yamaha Tenere I wanted but .............

Symon
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

Biking is like sex :- you don't have to be good at it to enjoy

4. #14 Re: Gorka´s CFM 650 NK 
    Hi Symon,
    boy, you have a big family! no wonder you miss them. The thing is, you cant bring your vehicles to China, that is also why I prefer to confort myself thinking my car is better there..
    By the way, what do you mean you have your machines in Spain? how´s that?
    Hey, youre right! Im not good one bit at it, but I still enjoy it (biking!)

5. #15 Re: Gorka´s CFM 650 NK 
    Gorka,

I lived in Spain, or better said Cataluña for 19 years before I came to China 3 1/2 years ago. To make up for a lack of cars and bikes I took up windsurfing again, probably much better for my health :-). I am planning to go back to Spain or maybe make a move to Costa Rica in about 4 years time to retire, let's see if I make it. Anyway, where are you from ? Spain ?
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

6. #16 Re: Gorka´s CFM 650 NK 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by gorka View Post
    and the second apparently the connection of the left vacuum hose to some short of manifold, below the battery case (anybody knows what that is for, anyway?)
    Cheers from Dagang, Tianjin province,
    Gorka.
    It's just EVAP system and that "manifold" is charcoal canister

Canister and parts.

Symon, I'm from the basque provinces. A place full of green hills and winding roads. Also some nice beaches facing the atlantic were I surf. And just like with the bike, I'm not good, but I enjoy it anyway.

Wald0, thanks for the info.
    Thank you also for putting he maintenance manual on your Dropbox.
    Anyway, the problem was on the other end of the vacuum hose, beside the carb. I just replaced them and the cracks were visible on the old one once removed.

Cheers

8. #18 Re: Gorka´s CFM 650 NK 
    Gorka,

Conozco el Pais Vasco, es precioso con algunas de las mejores carreteras en el mundo para disfutar del un buen moto o coche. Y la comida es buenisimo. El Pais Vasco solo falla el su clima, demasiado como mi tierra natal Inglaterra. Veo que tembien te gusta el surf, yo soy un loco del windsurf. Acabo de comprarme una tabla SUP para ver si yo y las olas nos entendemos :-) Si acaso vengas al sur espero que tenemos la posibilidad de disfrutar de una caña y una buena charla.

Hasta Pronto

9. #19 Re: Gorka´s CFM 650 NK 
    Symon,
    muchas gracias, está claro que conoces bien mi tierra, la has descrito en tres palabras! Siento mucho que lloviera las veces que has estado, espero que puedas disfrutarla algún día con buen tiempo.
    2013-07-24-537.jpg
    No sabes cómo te envidio por poder hacer windsurf, no creo que en la zona donde estoy yo sea posible nada parecido, ni siquiera hay playas aquí.
    Me encantaría tomar esas cañas! Voy a Guangzhou de vez en cuando, te avisaré, a ver si podemos arreglarlo!
    Nos vemos!
    Gorka.

10. #20 Re: Gorka´s CFM 650 NK 
    Gorka,

Trato hecho, me avisas cuando vengas a Guangzhou y tomamos todas las cañas que hace falta ! Y si tienes tiempo iremos a hacer windsurf o surf juntos. Aqui hay un montón de playas cerca, el agua esta limpia y muy cálida.

Saludos desde HuiZhou

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast