Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: df250rtb

1. #1 df250rtb 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello peeps.....I have a df250rtb 1500 miles on it....

The clutch cable has gone twice....the tank leaked gas.....the clutch just went up.....the front tire always loses air from day 1....I put in a new clutch and nothing but god awful noises coming from the thing...

This thing is made from such inferior metals.....the hardware is so cheap and the machined holes are all over the place...

I need my head examined for buying this thing...

Here is why you will not be able to keep your china bobber going...

There are no copyrights in china....A motorcycle comes out that sells...and 10 factories pop up copying the thing.... Same thing with the engines....different factories and companies make the same engines...as well as the parts....

The new clutch was almost the same...the gear on the basket was a c hair to big.....Had to use the "old part"(1500 miles mind you)with the old clutch basket with the gear on it...

I also had ordered an aluminum oil singer because I broke the old one when trying to get it off when doing the clutch...and the new one was complete aluminum missing the inner ring that should be steel that slides on the shaft....On top of that the spanner socket teeth broke off (chinese)when trying to get the oil slinger off.......

One problem also was the actuation arm spring that engages the clutch hardly had any spring on it ...not enough to even begin to put tension on the clutch lever....

Even when the thing ran sometimes I would find myself pushing the clutch lever forward because it wouldnt go back by itself because of lack of spring tension.,...

I really thought I could keep it going....I really did...I am a tinkerer....I love wrenching....straight up...this thing makes me want to puke....Man I am pissed....

I wasnt aware of china's copyrights laws or lack there of......so many companies make parts for these things...you have no idea what your going to get in the mail and it just isnt worth it...No wonder some states wont sell these things...The engine does have a one year warrantly supposedly but I am past a year now...

You do what you want to do...but there is no customer service for this thing....quality control .....and getting parts even when you can find them...you have no idea what kind of junk metal or tolerances for required machined parts your going to get...

I never give up a fight....but knowing that parts on this thing will be so hit and miss.....it has taken the wind out of my sails...

I knew I was dealing with a chinese motorcycle.....but didnt think it would be this bad....

If you dont have the money,time,tools and your own machine shop....wait and get something from a reputable company with customer service who has some kind of quality control for parts......and a warranty....You get what you pay for and now I have to go out and buy some tampons for my bleeding rectum....

2. #2 Re: df250rtb 
    C-Moto Regular
    Well, I'm surprised this thread is still here ! This site is run by China bike dealers. They do not like ugly truth about their products. I have had some crap luck with QC on a starter clutch on a JCL 250 scooter. , And an ill geared (wrong ratios for street) transmission on this DF bobber. But I still love this thing. Although I only have a 1000 miles on it. LOL Oh well, we'll see if I end up like you. Sorry to hear your luck.

3. #3 Re: df250rtb 
    far as I know this site is run by crazy carl. There is plenty of criticism of Chinese and other bikes here . Probably the most honest site around concerning Chinese bikes. Please try to keep the bullshit down to a dull roar.

4. #4 Re: df250rtb 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hey zhu, your a fart smeller, How do I keep this sight from logging me out what seems every 15 minutes ?

5. #5 Re: df250rtb 
    you're not your dumbass. if you are getting logged out every 15 minutes it is probably a good thing