Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Another CJ Sidecar builder here 
    Hey Guys,

I know there are a few other builders here.... Jimbo, Leo and someothers,

I am Winston, I work with Shao Yiqi of CJ Sidecar out of our Shanghai showroom. Not here on this site commercially but as a fello rider but if you have question or comments I am here....

By the way Jim, we dont know each other but I love the new Silver BMW you did recently. I saw it on CJU. Like the use of the Harley Like front wind screen, very nice. It would be great as a all CJ model as well. But I like using the lighter DongHai sidecar buckets.... Maybe I can build a CJS "Jimbo" special along the same lines for myself...hehe

Winston

2. #2 Welcome Winston 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi, Welcome aboard (spoken as if it was my site...). Kinda tough being in the bike building business recently. That fairing you refer to is an old Wixom Brothers fairing. Surprisingly pretty cheap on E-Bay.
    And don't be fooled, the DH sidecar weighs alot more than a CJ sidecar. I suspect a stock CJ would have a tough time even pulling it. But there ain't that many left anyway as they quit manufacturing them back about 1983 or so. Too bad you live in Shanghai, the really good riding is everywhere but Shanghai. You ever get to Beijing, give me a call.
    Regds,
    Jim
    www.bmwsidecar.com

3. #3 crappy riding in Shanghai 
    You got that right!: you have to ride at least half a day before you get to any real nice roads... My buddies and I have found some really nice stuff about a days ride from downtown but the road out can really get old.... But I guess its better then nothing. I will be in Beijing in about 3 weeks. Yiqi and I are starting my new "show" bike.... Some riding would be fun.....

Winston

4. #4 Welcome to Beijing 
    C-Moto Senior
    Yeah, I did ride down to Huang Shan last May and again in october. That's about as close to Shanghai as I care to ride. But I do (or did) ride down to Shanghai every year for the MotoGP. Not this year I'm sorry to say.
    Regds,
    Jim
    www.bmwsidecar.com

I think we should have a sidecar rally this May..........someplace halfway between Shanghai and Beijing...........wadda ya say ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick in PRC. View Post
    I think we should have a sidecar rally this May..........someplace halfway between Shanghai and Beijing...........wadda ya say ?
    Cool idea, I have a soem guys who would be interested. How about ShanDong. Then i can go to the Qing Qi factory

7. #7 May Day Ride 
    C-Moto Senior
    We were thinking to ride to the coast (from Beijing) take the ferry down to Qingdao and meet up with Jimmy P. and some other Qingdao riders, tool around Shandong for a few days and then ride back to Beijing. It's be too cool if you and some other Shanghai riders were to meet us in Shandong, preferable not far from Qingdao.
    Regds,
    Jim
    www.bmwsidecar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nick in PRC. View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbosidecar View Post
    Qingdao
    I was looking at the map and that did stand out........plus they have beer.

Ride there might be plenty crap from Shanghai but then what destination wouldn't involves some amount of grief leaving Shanghai.

Would be nice to get a big group of Changs out on the highway........ a rolling oil slick.

I'll start up the Shanghai Sidecar Breakfast meetings again and I'll try and get an apathetic group together. Is the May holiday a short or long one ?

9. #9 May Day Ride 
    C-Moto Senior
    Officially it's a 1 day holiday plus the weekend making it 3 days off. But the governor of Guangdong is giving a weeklong holiday in GD to spur the economy. Other provinces may follow suit. I'm taking the week off.
    Regds,
    Jim
    www.bmwsidecar.com

Is the May holiday a short or long one ?[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbosidecar View Post
    Officially it's a 1 day holiday plus the weekend making it 3 days off.

OK........"Rolling Blunder" is official..........destination Qingdao.
    Lets design the T-shirt !.......

Hope they make it a long one nationwide so as to get a bigger group.......this could be a test run for an additional October ride.

I know it's 60th anniversary of the Founding of The Peoples Republic........is there a parade ? Love to see one of those old fashioned military doings. That would make a pilgrimage north worthwhile and then ride around while the weather is still good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast