Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: CF650NK Bi Xenon or Xenon upgrade? HID projectors or not..? 
    C-Moto Senior
    IMG_2001.jpg
    Top one is original halogen and bottom is Xenon..
    must say i am little disappointed by this outcome.

Cut off line is good.. picture is not good.. :)

Was thinking to get Morimoto H1 projectors but they seems to be fake.. well got offered 2 today and seller said that first one was not so good quality and offered me another pair of what had been imported from Russia and those had reflector part made from some sort of metal instead of plastic that those other "morimoto" projectors had.
    Attached Images

2. #12 Re: CF650NK Bi-Xenon Upgrade 
    C-Moto Senior
    So decided to go all the way! added two Bi-Xenon projectors (Morimoto H1 probably fake ones)
    but instead of doing install my self shop did it for me at same price than parts, added also angel eye to lower projector. all ballast did fit under left tank fairing (2 ballast) but it was tight squeeze and i might be looking better install later.

IMG_2010.jpg
    might try better installation later but it requires taking tank of and i really hate that pump connection!!

IMG_2013.jpg
    Angel eye is that yellow ring, decided also paint reflector black.

3. #13 Re: CF650NK Bi-Xenon Upgrade 
    C-Moto Senior
    Morimoto H1 Bi-Xenon upgrade.

Morimoto H1 are about same size than original projectors so changing them is pretty easy swap.
    mind you, I did not do this swap, as shop did it with the price of the parts.

I also added angel-eye light to lower projector what is actually pretty bright and can be use as day driving lights on the day time if wanted.

I use both lights on the same time, if wanted you could install them so only the lower light would be on while using short beam, keep in mind that then it would be better to install "flash to pass" switch directly to lower one, then use normal high low switch to route power to second ballast and upper projector solenoid.

This will require lot more pulling wires.

Wiring
    Connect original high beam cables to projectors solenoid that controls shield inside projector

Important! ->You do need to install diode between high and low beam powers to prevent power cutting when you switch to high beam.

HID_Switch_Relay2-1.jpg

Location of ballasts
    I founded that i could install them behind left tank fairing, next to indicator relay.
    mind you that my ballast are really small.

If you have bigger ballast options could be to install them one left side and one right side.

Unsure if under the tank has any space, as i did not remove tank for the installation.

Angel-eye
    My angel eye did not require any transformers so connection was made to those small led lights in front. (Afterwards, I do feel that i should had replace those 6 small led with more brighter led's)

Reflector
    I decided to paint mine complete matt black, if you do this better use something that withstand the heat, or you can choose to keep it normal.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Wald0; 09-28-2013 at 01:43 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12