Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Off to the Xingyu factory for a test ride tomorrow... 
    Looking to gather info on the 400CC bikes they sell. We have some price info as well as models. They seem to state there is a VAT tax. We are working to find out if these can be legally registered in China. More news later. We have a meeting set for tomorrow to find answers to many questions.
    If you are interested in one of these bikes, shout out. I'll post pics and maybe video with all the info we gather.
    Honda Shadow 750, Yamaha XTZ 650cc, Royal Enfield 350cc, Loncin 150cc, BMW 650cc GS Dakar.

2. #2 Re: Off to the Xingyu factory for a test ride tomorrow... 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    XingYue (with an 'e' on the end). XY400... probably about the same quality as the LD450 (Asiawing). Search on MCM and you will find out how one member went with the LD450 or LX450 (same same). Basically a pile of turds... but good luck with your factory visit. Keep in mind that they can sell ice to...

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.17.7obRRf&id=14079769664&i nitiative_new=1

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=23107248111

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...itiative_new=1

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=14079769664

3. #3 Re: Off to the Xingyu factory for a test ride tomorrow... 
    Those have had EFI since early last year, so they have the national emissions approval certificate.
    http://www.xingyuemotor.com/index1.asp

Their big market is dune buggies and they also offer some scooters. Their product line is totally un-evolving, other then them adding EFI to these. Maybe you could give us some insight into whether they have been evolving in other ways?

They do not seem very progressive, they seem dreadfully conservative.

Here is an old thread on this forum and another and here is a link to images of their 400 models.

4. #4 Re: Off to the Xingyu factory for a test ride tomorrow... 
    I am fairly certain the gear case is the same as an XR250, as for the cylinder and head rumor is that they married a Rotax to that transmission?

That 400 found its way into the US market through pitsterpro for one year only….
    Here is a link trail on another forum that is revealing about the product.

5. #5 Re: Off to the Xingyu factory for a test ride tomorrow... 
    Thanks guys for the replies and info! I had read all those threads and some info I found on line from other countries. There are a group of 4-5 guys I ride with (CJ riders) in Shanghai who would like to join the 2-wheel dual purpose fun that I enjoy with my Loncin 150cc. So, we set out to several moto shops here in Shanghai and combed your threads for info. Love MCM!

Basically, we we would like a dual purpose with more power than my Loncin to climb the mountain roads or trails - and maybe to get out of trouble ; ) We considered the 400 Shineray but they want a nice pile of cash for it.

http://www.shineray.com/products-liebiao.asp?id=75

So, not sure if this Xingyue 400 would meet the quality we would hope for... but we have been quoted a price for 4 bikes FAR below the TaoBao for the Xingyue 400cc. Money talks. So my friend left this am to go ride it and for the price...buy it. I'll let you know the final out the door and into his truck numbers.

I'm concerned about the quality and started researching options. You all know how long that will take...and not many dealers will let you ride them. So here we go - best 250cc dual on the market?? I heard that the Zongshen has an R3?? due out. Liquid cooled I think. Don't know much more other than pictures. Loncin has a new line of 250cc bikes out...but they are air cooled. The Rover and Ranger. But I can't find them locally or hae not seen much chatter on them. I guess its a crap shoot in most cases. But if you feel like burning your fingers off on the best 250 out there... I'll start another thread!

Thanks guys. I'll post tonight with the info.
    Honda Shadow 750, Yamaha XTZ 650cc, Royal Enfield 350cc, Loncin 150cc, BMW 650cc GS Dakar.

6. #6 Re: Off to the Xingyu factory for a test ride tomorrow... 
    Hey Guys.
    Just dropping a line to update. Here are some notes from my friend. Pictures to come if you want them... brochures too, etc.

Factory produces the bike with engine and many parts themselves selling around 7.000 400 cc bikes a year.
    In total around 100.000 vehicles are delivered of all kinds from ATVs , bikes and boats.

The only had the XY 400Y and the XY 400GY2 for me to test. Both of them have many km's on their meters
    Remember I have more or less never been riding bikes this size so I don't have much experience or references.

The Y feels a bit old and but anyway quite solid and easy to handle. I was expecting it to be more heavy.
    Smooth gear shifting and enough power for me. (A quite big difference on power to your 150cc, but more or less as easy to handle)

I was maybe out 10-15 minutes, some bumpy roads, no problem and easy to control.
    The engine was running when I came and I noticed it was very warm (almost on red) and did not cool done while I was out.
    Speedometer was also not in function.

The GY felt more solid and more powerful (although same engine!?)

On all bikes I almost sat "flat footed" (I'm182 cm tall)

They do have a new version the GY400 3. It a "speedbike". You can not get it with C.D.I

They also have new version XY 400 Y-3 a bit more pure dirt bike. (no fuel injection)

I liked this one a new version of the GY2 with fuel injection. They say it could be registered in China. However heaver and most probably more expensive than the Y2

Anyway as identified before I think is the best choice after all, XY400Y-2 with fuel injection. If we have chance to register those in China then we all have chance to drive it legal one day. I think however the price we got is the carburetor version.

I will try to find out the price for the C.D.I version of the Y-2 and also the GY-2 tomorrow. Available colors are red/green/white/black according to the catalog. You can get it with alarm.

Tires as photos or:
    IMG_0443.jpgIMG_0409.jpgIMG_0411.jpgIMG_0435.jpgIMG_0436.jpg