Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 CPI Suv for first bike? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi all.

Doing my CBT in a few weeks and trying to choose a bike. I'm in Brighton so Sinnis is just round the corner from me so Ive had plenty of chats with the guys in the store. I like the trackstar/retrostar because of the styling but I'm kinda tempted by the Apache because its got good reviews/comments on the web.

I've just stumbled on the CPI SUV which looks great but I cant find much info on the brand or the bike, Im a bit concerned about spares/repairs?

Any advice/knowledge greatly appreciated......its all new to me, left it till I'm 41 to get a bike!! cheers

2. #2 Re: CPI Suv for first bike? 
    CPI is a Taiwanese brand http://www.cpi-motor.com.tw/
    That model is made in their PRC factory (Qinyuan ,Guandong) http://www.cpi-motor.com.cn/www/ch/About.asp

http://www.huoniao-owners.co.uk/foru...=4280&start=45

3. #3 Re: CPI Suv for first bike? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    thanks, helpful links.

4. #4 Re: CPI Suv for first bike? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    hey i was looking at the sinnis trackstar and retrostar and not sure if you will have this issue but the retrostar model did not show up on a few sites when i was looking for an insurance quote, neither did the cafe but they did have the apache and the trackstar

5. #5 Re: CPI Suv for first bike? 
    Quote Originally Posted by brokeLad View Post
    Hi all.

Doing my CBT in a few weeks and trying to choose a bike. I'm in Brighton so Sinnis is just round the corner from me so Ive had plenty of chats with the guys in the store. I like the trackstar/retrostar because of the styling but I'm kinda tempted by the Apache because its got good reviews/comments on the web.

I've just stumbled on the CPI SUV which looks great but I cant find much info on the brand or the bike, Im a bit concerned about spares/repairs?

Any advice/knowledge greatly appreciated......its all new to me, left it till I'm 41 to get a bike!! cheers
    Sinnis is my suggestion...you are right around the corner as you wrote, so that would be my choice due to spares, etc. We don't have that brand in the US (a few of their bikes are probably available here under different brand names (same OEM in China), but the Sinnis name has been written about here on MCM for several years now, so they probably survived the worst part of the economic meltdown to stay viable and more importantly, available. Top of your list is my suggestion.

Just to add-the Apache is a solid bike (we get those in 200 and 250cc form) made by either Qingqi or Shandong Pioneer (they are related, in some weird Chinese way that Chinese companies are related). Both the retrostar and trackstar are great looking offerings, so cross CPI off your list (I am sure CPI's are ok, but still thinking about your proximity to Sinnis)
    Last edited by culcune; 09-17-2013 at 02:02 AM. Reason: adding info

6. #6 Re: CPI Suv for first bike? 
    Quote Originally Posted by brokeLad View Post
    Hi all.

Sinnis is my suggestion...you are right around the corner as you wrote, so that would be my choice due to spares, etc. We don't have that brand in the US (a few of their bikes are probably available here under different brand names (same OEM in China), but the Sinnis name has been written about here on MCM for several years now, so they probably survived the worst part of the economic meltdown to stay viable and more importantly, available. Top of your list is my suggestion.

7. #7 Re: CPI Suv for first bike? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    cheers. will check insurance out,

8. #8 Re: CPI Suv for first bike? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post

Just to add-the Apache is a solid bike (we get those in 200 and 250cc form) made by either Qingqi or Shandong Pioneer (they are related, in some weird Chinese way that Chinese companies are related). Both the retrostar and trackstar are great looking offerings, so cross CPI off your list (I am sure CPI's are ok, but still thinking about your proximity to Sinnis)

sound advice, cheers....will let you know how it pans out,

9. #9 Re: CPI Suv for first bike? 
    I would also check out Keeway…they have some good offerings.
    http://www.keewayuk.co.uk/bikedetail...odel=RKS%20125
    They also have same as cash financing for 24 months.

10. #10 Re: CPI Suv for first bike? 
    The SUV is manufactured by Yinhe/ Galaxy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast