Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 CFMOTO Customer service 
    CFMOTO customer service in China is f***ing useless. You bury my parts at the top of a glacier and I wait at the bottom and dig them up a century later.

2. #2 Re: CFMOTO Customer service 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    CFMOTO customer service in China is f***ing useless. You bury my parts at the top of a glacier and I wait at the bottom and dig them up a century later.
    How so... By all accounts you have been back to your dealer where you bought your NK, the dealer begrudgingly or otherwise, has ordered the parts needed to put things right, at least that's what you have advised... as I have advised on more than one occasion - CFMoto along with many other factories in HZ (as other places including where I live) have had substantial power cuts, forcing many companies to severely restrict production. In fact production was so severely hampered CFMoto sent most of the workforce home on paid leave, since there was not a lot of work that could be done without electricity. Add to that, we just had a short holiday of a few days and now another which only compounds the situation. Added to that, some of the parts that go into making up a product are sourced from external suppliers (CFMoto products also have external suppliers) who may also face similar production problems etc., only adding to the supply and demand issues. From my experiences with CFMoto, customer service has been adequate, not outstanding, nor as bad as some companies here. But it could certainly be better for sure!

I'm sympathetic to your plight, but as advised... spare a thought for your fellow riders one with a R1200GS (liquid cooled engine) and another with a C650GT maxi scoot. Both a very new bikes. Both riders are without their respective mounts due to part failures and other issues. The C650GT owner/rider has already been waiting 6 weeks for a part, and has been advised by his dealer, that mothership BMW (Germany) have advised that the part will likely not be sent for another 2-3 weeks. So that'll easily be 2 months and no bike. And no loan bike either, A bike worth a shiet load more than your NK or my TR. A bike in an overseas country, a first world country at that, with all the consumer protection laws too boot.

Sure, CFMoto, QianJiang, Shineray, JiaLing, et al., all could do so much better... but they are not alone...
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 09-29-2013 at 04:26 PM.

3. #3 Re: CFMOTO Customer service 
    Been waiting 4 weeks now for parts for my CF Jetlux been told it will take 2 more weeks if i am lucky but hay i have the TR now just hope it last 2 more weeks heheh

Done 3000km now on the TR had a nice run back from Weihai on the Expressway with 3 BMW R1200 1 new the other 2 are 5/7 years old kept with the 2 older ones and got them on top end hit 210km all the old BMW could hit was just under 200 but the new one left me for dead but cost him 300k RMB so at 40K i am happy

Picture of the new BMW R1200 nice bit of kit but what a cost
    Last edited by prince666; 09-29-2013 at 04:21 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #4 Re: CFMOTO Customer service 
    I freaking care that someone else in some other province bought a beemer and now has to wait on parts from Germany? It's not bloody relevant. The electrical parts for my bike are made in Shenzhen where there are no power-outs, I can travel there by train in 18 hours, so why the hell why do I have to wait freaking weeks?

Honestly Bikerdoc........

Please quit advertising and 'talking up' CFMOTO and making excuses for them. Their bikes are mediocre and their customer service is abysmal. I know we all want to believe we've got a great bike, it's only natural, but really there's no need to spread around free advertising for them. Also please stop making it seem like you've got some 'mega-guanxi' with the factory, you clearly don't. If you did you'd call a senior manager and explain that some foreigners with seriously short fuses are having problems with their bikes and need sorting out ASAP or they're liable to 'mouth off' on the interwebs costing you thousands in future export sales.

5. #5 Re: CFMOTO Customer service 
    I freaking care that someone else in some other province bought a beemer and now has to wait on parts from Germany? It's not bloody relevant. The electrical parts for my bike are made in Shenzhen where there are no power-outs, I can travel there by train in 18 hours, so why the hell why do I have to wait freaking weeks?

Please quit advertising and 'talking up' CFMOTO and making excuses for them. Their bikes are mediocre and their customer service is abysmal. I know we all want to believe we've got a great bike, it's only natural, but really there's no need to spread around free advertising for them. Also please stop making it seem like you've got some 'mega-guanxi' with the factory, you clearly don't. If you did you'd call a senior manager and explain that some foreigners with seriously short fuses are having problems with their bikes and need sorting out ASAP or they're liable to 'mouth off' on the interwebs costing you thousands in future export sales.
    I just got to ask why did you buy one then
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

6. #6 Re: CFMOTO Customer service 
    I've been on the phone for over half an hour on YOUR behalf with a reasonably senior manager. Nearly all staff at CFMoto are away on vacation for the National holiday period. As PM'd to you, my contact can only suggest you and Pete take your NK's back to the dealers you bought them from, and ask (demand) the shop boss have them replace the items needed by scavenging from any NK they have in stock. Naturally this only works if the dealer has a NK in stock. My contact has said as soon as the holidays are over he will willingly look into it if need be - if things haven't been sorted out by then. If the dealer doesn't have any NK in stock, then demand that they talk with another CFMoto dealer or their provincial distributor about a solution...

Called a senior manager on YOUR behalf...

I don't think I favour CFMoto all that much (just a little more than other motorcycle manufacturers whose factories I've been too), I have stated in my reviews what I think as much about the bikes as I do about the corporate culture, and it aint all pretty. Improvements are absolutely still needed.

ZMC888 I gotta ask who are you to me? I don't know you... you PM'd me asking for help and I offered it in kind. I don't appreciate being called out on something that really has very little to anything to do with me. I however was happy to help a fellow MCM member stuck in a situation that I MIGHT have been able to help, though timing is everything... but your less than appreciative attitude needs to be checked at the door! I aint running this as a farkin business nor am I making any money off of you! nor intended. Any parts I get from CFMoto I pay for same as most everyone else.

Are CFMoto all that? NO. Pretty much like most other local companies here IMO based on experience. But maybe, just maybe they are a little better than the average. There factory is certainly head and shoulders better than other motorcycle factories I have been to here (cleaner, layout, work flow areas, assembly lines, staff attire, quality of frames esp welding, organisation, R&D area and budget).
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 09-30-2013 at 05:08 AM.

7. #7 Re: CFMOTO Customer service 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    I just got to ask why did you buy one then
    1. Hobsons choice. No other bike available with a decent sized engine at an affordable price. Mostly due to unfair Chinese import tariffs. 250cc and smaller bikes over the last 10 years in China making me bored of riding bikes and giving up riding altogether so a GW250 was a no go.
    2. Positive reviews in western press and positive reviews on these boards. Western journalists liked the bike on their 5 minute test ride (where living with it long term wasn't taken into account) and were cutting the bike massive slack because it was the first big bike out of China.
    3. Hardly anyone fronted up with any niggles and made me believe the bikes were better than they really were.

Still I hope the bike might work out OK, but I want to build up an inventory of the electricals.

8. #8 Re: CFMOTO Customer service 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdoc
    I don't think I favour CFMoto all that much, I have stated in my reviews what I think as much about the bikes as I do about the corporate culture, and it aint all pretty. I gotta ask who are you to me? I don't know you... you PM'd me asking for help and I offered it in kind. I don't appreciate being called out on something that really has very little to anything to do with me. I however was happy to help a fellow MCM member stuck in a situation that I might have been able to help... but your less than appreciative attitude needs to be checked at the door! I aint running this as a farkin business nor am I making any money off of you!

Are CFMoto all that? NO. Pretty much like most other local companies here IMO based on experience. But maybe, just maybe they are a little better than the average.
    There's truth to what I'm saying, and there's just plain old frustration spilling over into anger. I need to apologize as in my frustration and anger I have been unfair to you. I'm just venting.

9. #9 Re: CFMOTO Customer service 
    Ahh gotta love Chinese holidays especially October week.ZMC sounds like China is doing you over might be time to come back to the real world where good bikes are cheap and plentiful and are considered a valued road user not a bit of S###. I don't miss China one bit.Well maybe the snow in Xinjiang.

10. #10 Re: CFMOTO Customer service 
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    Ahh gotta love Chinese holidays especially October week.ZMC sounds like China is doing you over might be time to come back to the real world where good bikes are cheap and plentiful. I don't miss China one bit.Well maybe the snow in Xinjiang.
    Stop it, you are twisting the knife and I am about this close (looking at the hairline gap between thumb and forefinger of my left hand) on buying a ticket to head back to OZ or NZ to ride either my XT1200Z in Brissy or AN650 in Havelock... I'm due for a battery recharge and some sanity...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast