Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: BMW F800S Yellow stolen in Beijing! Plz contact if you see it. 
    Was this a legal plated bike or a stolen from HK?

2. #12 Re: BMW F800S Yellow stolen in Beijing! Plz contact if you see it. 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Was this a legal plated bike or a stolen from HK?

Thats being hard "2 wrongs don't make a right"
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #13 Re: BMW F800S Yellow stolen in Beijing! Plz contact if you see it. 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    OK, duly noted. I'll do some asking round in my circle of riding contacts, and keep an awareness round these parts.

But if it has been stolen, by anyone more than amateurish, the bike will be either be disassembled pretty quick smart; VIN and such like will be changed - pretty easy to do when one knows how. Or if not, then the bike will make its way into the stolen/illegal bike supply chain.

Important note: parking a bike in a compound/car park even with controlled access gates, BaoAn's, CCTV cameras and what might appear to be good relationships with the compound BaoAn's doesn't guarantee that the bike can't be stolen. A search here and elsewhere reveals more than one or two stories where motorcycle owners, parked bikes in compounds/underground car parks etc, where BaoAns were known to bike and rider/owner, CCTV were present, rider/owner took precautions and yet bike still gets stolen...

4. #14 Re: BMW F800S Yellow stolen in Beijing! Plz contact if you see it. 
    If it really does enter the illegal bike market, it's a good idea to check sites like 58.com and ganji.com. Might show up there. Repainted, no vin, no topbox, of course.

5. #15 Re: BMW F800S Yellow stolen in Beijing! Plz contact if you see it. 
    Hi guys, I bought that cheap GPS tracker off of taobao and I'll make a detailed video on how to install it and how it works, I have a feeling that these little things will help prevent this sort of crap from happening again in the future! Sorry for your loss mate and a plague on the family of the bastard who stole it.. 1235173_10151615154760981_173597675_n.jpg

6. #16 Re: BMW F800S Yellow stolen in Beijing! Plz contact if you see it. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentza View Post
    Hi guys, I bought that cheap GPS tracker off of taobao and I'll make a detailed video on how to install it and how it works, I have a feeling that these little things will help prevent this sort of crap from happening again in the future! Sorry for your loss mate and a plague on the family of the bastard who stole it.. 1235173_10151615154760981_173597675_n.jpg
    I have seen the same type on taobao as well but. Do you have to buy a SIM card as well be interested to find out how must it cost to run will be great if you can do some pictures or a video of the install
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

C-Moto Regular
    Will keep am eye out for it. I believe i saw you riding in Lido a couple months back.. as i saw a yellow one... thought that is rare. I have a friend checking the Chinese ads

8. #18 Re: BMW F800S Yellow stolen in Beijing! Plz contact if you see it. 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys,

Thanks for all the feedback.

When I bought the bike, I was told I would get a plate and blue book. I did indeed get them a few days later - yet they didn't match. At the time, it was my very first bike and I was pretty accustom to seeing non-plated cars and bikes everywhere. The bike was stolen within 3 month of when I got it; it was the BaoAn at Suncity apartments. They got fired; I got my bike back. They unsuccessfully attempted to hotwire the bike. So, the computer was locked. I had to call BMW-Germany to get it reactivated, that included providing my passport info, the VIN, and talked with people at BMW in both Germany and in Beijing. BMW-Germany gave BMW-Beijing the required information to reactivate the computer. At that time, the bike was (at least in BMW's eyes) mine.

All has been fine for the last 1.5 years. Now, some guys in a white van (from talking with people around the area) took the bike. I certainly would like to have it recovered - even my helmet and gloves are in the box. I understand the arguments stated above; and with that said, my next bike will be directly bought through an authorized dealer. The ability to drive anywhere outside of Beijing with zero concern is too big a benefit.

In reality, anyone's bike could have been stolen from The Place. It is to everyone's interest for the bike thieves to be caught. Or to at least remind people that locking the steering column and also using a wheel lock doesn't ensure anything.

9. #19 Re: BMW F800S Yellow stolen in Beijing! Plz contact if you see it. 
    hope you get your bike back. just btw are you actually chris Pfeiffer or just a fan ?

10. #20 Re: BMW F800S Yellow stolen in Beijing! Plz contact if you see it. 
    C-Moto Noob
    Well... I am Chris Pfeiffer the game maker and a fan of Chris Pfeiffer the trick rider. Both of us like the F800s.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast