Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
  1. #51 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    Let me also add that people have guns in America. And people tend to use them. I'm surprised there was no shooting in this incident.

2. #52 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePope View Post
    [COLOR=#ffffff]So if a driver hits you and drives off you cannot chase them down and drag them out of their car and beat them, no kidding, because then the victim becomes the criminal.

I still think that the driver of the SUV and his wife should be charged with hit and run.

I love how they say accidentally hit the motorcycle, they seem to discount that they kept going.

I personally would have beaten the shit out of his ass. Call me uncivilized. When I first arrived in China, I went to a job interview and the taxi driver had pulled the ole' switcheroo on my money and gave me a fake bill. The guy who interviewed me is the Principal of a huge international school in Guangzhou and told me it was completely acceptable to jerk him out of the car and beat him. I love China! This prick ran over people and bikes. He deserved to get beaten and he deserves the punishment, along with those bikers. I struggled to refrain once from beating a driver who came within an inch of clipping my handlebars from behind, passing me while I was overtaking another vehicle. He then nearly hit another truck head on he was going so fast and literally went up on two wheels from braking so hard, before continuing to barrel down the road in the same manner. Probably drunk at 7AM. He eventually turned in to a government building...

You need help Pope you are one of .0009% who thinks the bike riders was right.....
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #53 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    I only watched that video once. I think those bikers are crazy too, but what would you do in a situation where you've been bumped and then the driver drives through bikes and people and doesn't stop? If that guy had just driven through me and crashed my bike and injured me I would have pummeled him also. I think it's a pretty rational feeling. I personally think that group of riders look like a bunch of idiots also. I don't get the point of what they're doing.

4. #54 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    I only watched that video once. I think those bikers are crazy too, but what would you do in a situation where you've been bumped and then the driver drives through bikes and people and doesn't stop? If that guy had just driven through me and crashed my bike and injured me I would have pummeled him also. I think it's a pretty rational feeling. I personally think that group of riders look like a bunch of idiots also. I don't get the point of what they're doing.

Sorry to say Pope you need to watch the video again and read all the reports to get a true understanding on what did happen to say you would do the same as the bike riders and beat the shit out of the RR driver people will treat your comments with the contempt they deserve sorry to say !
    Last edited by prince666; 10-09-2013 at 05:07 AM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #55 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    C-Moto Regular
    Jeez, another China road warrior.

6. #56 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    The http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/201...verybody-down/ comments are quite revealing and only serve to add to the culpability of the core motorcyclists, as really only a dozen or two out of the hundred or so riders, seemingly were involved in the actual assault on the vehicle and driver.

The comments of 'MJP', 'Patrish', 'KFlower', 'waddsworth', 'Vicy' et al., make a lot of sense, further bringing a balanced view to the events that transpired... It's important to remember that this occurred in the USA, not PRC so very little point in making the comparison though I appreciate the natural tendency to do so. One is comparing completely different social morals, norms, attitudes, culture, education, laws and even rule of law, statutes, and much more. There's little comparison.
    PRC is given the label "developing" for a reason (or multiples of ten)... despite the ever increasing number of skyscrapers, BMW's, Mercedes, Porsche etc. As the saying goes, "you can put silk on a goat, but it's still a f_____n goat" - author unknown.

7. #57 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Sorry to say Pope you need to watch the video again and read all the reports to get a true understanding on what did happen to say you would do the same as the bike riders and beat the shit out of the RR driver people will treat your comments with the contempt they deserve sorry to say !
    What a bold statement there prince...

“Piers, Edwin is clearly a victim,” explained Allred, who joined*Piers Morgan*in his New York studio. “He [Lien] hit Edwin who is now crushed under the SUV. He did that without any warning to Edwin. Edwin, by the way, was doing nothing wrong. We’ve spoken to many, many people who were there. He did nothing wrong. All he had done was get off his bike, go over and try to calm everybody down.”

So i guess this guy should be held contempt as well...
    Last time i check its still a forum, everyone is free to share their thoughts and opinions.
    Dont make this a voting poll, not eveyone agrees with you.

8. #58 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Sorry to say Pope you need to watch the video again and read all the reports to get a true understanding on what did happen to say you would do the same as the bike riders and beat the shit out of the RR diver people will treat your comments with the contempt they deserve sorry to say !
    I saw clearly from the video that that guy driving the RR ran over bikes and people, because for whatever reason, he was too scared and intimidated to face the guy he hit. That's really all I can see. If I was one of the innocent guys that he ran over, I would be inflicting some damage back on him. Maybe those guys are a bunch of punks, but why couldn't he just call the police and wait on them? Because he's a different form of punk, that's why... He should have gotten out and offered a sincere apology and avoided the whole mess. And I've read some of the comments in different media sources and I'm not in the .0009%. Sport bike riders and biker gangs just have, deservedly, a terrible reputation. For the bikers, they're lucky they weren't in Tennessee, because even my mom would have shot them at point blank range without leaving the vehicle if they started attacking her.

9. #59 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    I saw clearly from the video that that guy driving the RR ran over bikes and people, because for whatever reason, he was too scared and intimidated to face the guy he hit. That's really all I can see. If I was one of the innocent guys that he ran over, I would be inflicting some damage back on him. Maybe those guys are a bunch of punks, but why couldn't he just call the police and wait on them? Because he's a different form of punk, that's why... He should have gotten out and offered a sincere apology and avoided the whole mess. And I've read some of the comments in different media sources and I'm not in the .0009%. Sport bike riders and biker gangs just have, deservedly, a terrible reputation. For the bikers, they're lucky they weren't in Tennessee, because even my mom would have shot them at point blank range without leaving the vehicle if they started attacking her.
    Mr Lien the driver of the Range Rover (RR) demonstrated a lot of restraint in my view. He didn't at any time during the video footage purposely attempt to hit any of the riders while his vehicle and the motorcyclists were mobile.
    The riders bike (~200kg) that was initially struck by the RR, had by all accounts purposely moved ahead of the RR (2500kg) and braked suddenly, without warning. The momentum of the mass of the RR hit the much lesser mass of the bike in question, pretty basic physics. Factor into that the inevitable reaction time, and it's highly probable that only one outcome would result - BANG!. That's premeditation, on the part of the motorcyclist. The rest plays out for itself, and all can see that in the videos released...

10. #60 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    Quote Originally Posted by crismoe' View Post
    What a bold statement there prince...

“Piers, Edwin is clearly a victim,” explained Allred, who joined*Piers Morgan*in his New York studio. “He [Lien] hit Edwin who is now crushed under the SUV. He did that without any warning to Edwin. Edwin, by the way, was doing nothing wrong. We’ve spoken to many, many people who were there. He did nothing wrong. All he had done was get off his bike, go over and try to calm everybody down.”

So i guess this guy should be held contempt as well...
    Last time i check its still a forum, everyone is free to share their thoughts and opinions.
    Dont make this a voting poll, not eveyone agrees with you.

He did do wrong by STOPPING AND PARKING HIS BIKE and standing in front of the RR yes maybe he did not get involved in slashing the RR tyres and yes maybe he tried to diffusing the situation but at the end of the day he parked himself and his bike in front of a person with his wife and kid who was being attacked by other people who had knives and was trying to get into the vehicle. Not a good place to be would you not say !!!! and what warning can you give in that situation lean out the window and say "Please nice man would you kindly move you and your nice bike out of the way please" who aked for everyone to agree with me !! and who is voting not me ...

Truth, at the wrong time, can be dangerous.
    Michael Ondaatje
    Last edited by prince666; 10-09-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast