Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1. #71 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    Cruz staged this….we all can see that, so the case is pretty weak and Misese claims innocence, but they were not, they boxed in the SUV intentionally and in that moment the Liens were likely scared to death.

Cruz staged that fall all the rest of the riders behavior was and would be expected to follow as it did.

What is missing is the time line, the first encounter and the duration of time the SUV and the bikers are sharing the parkway. The 911 calls as an over lay on that, statements all have to match. But with so many riders its never going to be clear what happened.

It’s the Liens that need to present that time line, where they got on the parkway and when did they encounter the riders and how long did they ride within them? The 911 calls are within that.

You have to realize that if you are on the roadway with a pack of bikers of that size, that sharing the road with them changing lanes and maneuvering within them would be seen by them as threatening. They would expect most to get to the right and slow down, not only expect that they would actually demand it.

Since the ride was unsanctioned and there were not police road blocks or any kind of restrictions on others, sharing the road with them is totally legal and everyone’s right and no need to yield to them.

That is what I see this as and that the truth is never going to be told. The bikers are going to claim they were inside the law, that they were sharing the road and did not take offense to passing them and merging into them. They are claiming that all Cruz did was change lanes and he got hit from behind by the SUV.

Cruz is going to get convicted, he has little to no chance of getting off on this. He is hiding the truth and if he was actively addressing what he saw as a violation of their space and they wanted to teach the SUV a lesson then he needs to come clean, but he will never, he will lie and go to jail anyway. That will take out Mieses and his case pretty succulently, he was party to the imprisonment and could be eventually charged but his role was cut short so that is not likely.

We will never know how far they would have gone on the parkway, its unlikely that they would have dragged Lien out of the vehicle at that point, but the staged accident Cruz procured could have been enough to enrage the other riders to that point. Running over Mieses certainly was enough after that it was irreversibly out of control.

The group around the SUV just prior to the “accident” all could be charged with imprisonment as accomplices to Cruz. That includes Mieses and the others around that SUV.

To me the time of the first 911 call is very material, when did the grave danger become real, was it before the accident or after? Then how long was the SUV on the parkway with the riders before that?

It is important because danger was present as soon as the SUV shared the parkway with the SUV and the best action to take at that initial encounter would be to remove the SUV from the parkway. But the 911 calls may have not occurred until after the accident and then removing the SUV from the parkway was unwise and at an exist with known congestion doubly unwise. A question would be did dispatch advise getting off the parkway? Then the other would be once the accident occurred and a 911 call was made would it ever have been ended? I would think not, leads me to believe that a series of calls must have been made and any after the Liens had driven over people it would have been a call that would have been held until police arrived.

Any case against the NYPD would revolve around that, the 911 calls and the escalation of events. If they occurred before the “accident” and what was said, the advice should have been get off the parkway and avoid conflict. They were in fact in danger as soon as they came in contact with the riders, it became most grave after they ran one down.

2. #72 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    There are two basic driving behaviors, offensive and defensive, I believe this case may represent both being offensive driving, the motorcycle riders were all offensive, I also believe that the Liens were as well or this incident would never have occurred.

Offensive drivers take risks and defensive drivers avoid risks.

Defensive drivers assume nothing were a offensive drivers do make assumptions, often they will say something to the effect as I thought you were going to turn, or I thought you would slow down or thought you would not have braked that hard…typically after an accident where their assumption brought about a collision.

The most offensive of drivers will eventually have their licenses suspended. They accumulate points and typically pay the most for insurance, they are or become what is called high risk. Then some simply go off the grid both Cruz and Mieses are that type they drive or in this case ride with out a license, both had them suspended. If you see a biker or group of bikers without plates a red flag should go up, if you see a 1991 rusted out car with temporary tags that also should send up a flag. Seriously some people are underclass and they are not all terrible people but they have very little to loose and they are and should never ever be challenged. They live life day to day and looking down on them if they see it or sense it will open hells gates.

I am trying to discern as to what if anything the Liens did if anything that brought about the wrath of these people. I suspect that it was them and their egocentric superiority, not everyone can adapt to social classes and in this case or instance of how to deal with a gang of stunt ridding motorcycle riders on the Henry Hudson they failed miserably and so many saying that they would have attained the exact same score or worse is really sad.

3. #73 Re: Group ride goes bad 

4. #74 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    This looks to be some pretty damming evidence, the right front tire is completely gone.
    There is also the marks of the collision and on that same side of the vehicle, were they slashing at that right tire. Was somebody slashing the tire when Mieses was run over?

I wonder if the police have the remains of the tire? They need it because it came off and why needs to be determined.

My bet is that Edwyn Miseses was the slasher and got ran over while doing it.

They will need to figure that out, it looks like Cruz and Mieses were a tag team, its also likely why they both are making blatant lies. Both of their attorneys need to be questioned as to why they are encouraging their client to lie, when there is some real damming evidence that contradict their clients stories.

http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com...er19.jpg?w=915

The prosecutor needs to identify every person in the video that boxed in that SUV each one should be charged with felony false imprisonment, they all were accomplices.

They have been working on the beating and have been charging those involved in that for the assault, but they have to move back to this initial incident and begin filing more charges there.

They have only seven so far they could likely get up to about twenty or more felony indictments.
    Last edited by MJH; 10-12-2013 at 01:21 PM.

5. #75 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    In the wake of the Stuntz group debacle, from which the New York Police Department (NYPD) suffered a lot of criticism for not stopping them earlier, we have the following ...

For those behind the GFW, this is a Youku video of the NYPD setting up a "catch net" for a large group of skateboarders heading out on a "group ride".

And for those with outside access, the original youtube video ...

Perfect background music.

6. #76 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    I read a newspaper report from last weekend where a large group of motorcyclists were stopped by police/LEO's with a number of motorcyclists within the group ticketed and others arrested. I don't have the link now, and cannot recall which city or state in the USA this occurred.

7. #77 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    I was skateboarding on a college campus here in Guangzhou last year when I guy on an ebike raced up beside me saying, "You can't do that here!" and then proceeded to pull in front of me and and brake or basically run me off the road. After about 100 yards of this and me just dodging him and pressing on I finally stopped and asked him, "can I drive a car, bike, or motorcycle on the campus?". To which he replied "keyi". I then asked him if I could walk or run on campus, to which he replied, "keyi". "So I can drive a bike, motorbike or car on campus, and I can run and walk on campus, but I can't ride this?" He just looked at me in befuddled amazement and drove away.

8. #78 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePope View Post
    I was skateboarding on a college campus here in Guangzhou last year when I guy on an ebike raced up beside me saying, "You can't do that here!" and then proceeded to pull in front of me and and brake or basically run me off the road. After about 100 yards of this and me just dodging him and pressing on I finally stopped and asked him, "can I drive a car, bike, or motorcycle on the campus?". To which he replied "keyi". I then asked him if I could walk or run on campus, to which he replied, "keyi". "So I can drive a bike, motorbike or car on campus, and I can run and walk on campus, but I can't ride this?" He just looked at me in befuddled amazement and drove away.
    hehehe, remember though... it's a logic free zone

9. #79 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePope View Post
    One time I stopped at a small motorcycle shop but was riding a bicycle to get there. The owner asked why I was interested in buying a motorcycle if I couldn't ride one. I said I had been riding motorcycles for many years. He looked highly confused.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678