Best quality seems to be on Youtube ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ukdkgLYYbw

A few articles ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...reet-ride.html

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...225817761.html

http://nypost.com/2013/09/30/bikers-...r-rams-riders/

http://www.insideedition.com/headlin...s-chase-driver

============

In my experience, there is a direct relationship between the number of riders in a group <-> individual riders' insanity. Actually, given the way they are riding, I am surprised they aren't taking each other out.

Yeah, this really helps our image.
    Last edited by Lao Jia Hou; 10-01-2013 at 12:50 AM. Reason: embedded video

2. #2 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Not sure exactly why did it all happen. Some say he hit a bike and didnt stop, some that he called police that they obstruct the traffic and some say that he ran over a bike and took off. Wonder what the real story is.
    But no matter what was the reason of this madness its not the wild wild west, you can not serve "justice" as you pleased

3. #3 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    nha, i live here, super bike riders are generally a bunch of dicks, especially in the pack mentality.

Funny thing is, his video will help get his buddies convicted...
    Maybe that is his intention, then good for him.

4. #4 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    nha, i live here, super bike riders are generally a bunch of dicks, especially in the pack mentality.

Funny thing is, his video will help get his buddies convicted...
    Maybe that is his intention, then good for him.
    You hit the nail on the head! Pack riding like that looks like a flash mob, or a mass organized civil disobedience, than a bunch of guys out for a day of fun.

If I get into a minor accident under normal circumstances, than I would expect to pull over and deal with the police and insurance companies. These guys completely surrounded the guy in what looked like a very threatening manner after the initial hit. I would not want to deal with a mob, and as we all know the US police saying, "when seconds count, the police are just minutes away!" The guy had a 5 month old, and his wife I read later.

5. #5 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    More proof that we are not all created equal no matter where you are from or what country you live in. These 白痴 do not help the image motorcycle riders anywhere.
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

6. #6 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    Not good for bike riders in general but it did happen in New York wear you can expect the unexpected 9/11 !
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #7 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    In pack riding accidents are more likely, unless you can go single-file and leave a 5 second gap, but nobody ever does that.

8. #8 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    OK we are all riders on this forums.... now i ask what would you do if you was the driver ????

I would do the same .......as the driver ..... would not be happy doing it

please post "What would you do"
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

9. #9 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    OK we are all riders on this forums.... now i ask what would you do if you was the driver ????

I would do the same .......as the driver ..... would not be happy doing it

please post "What would you do"
    at the point someone started to break windows, slash wheels or otherwise disable my car, I would run them down too. his mistake was getting off the highway, but I suppose it's difficult to make decisions at the time.

he will get off with a slap on the wrist, they will see a somewhat stiffer punishment there may be jail time for some bikers, but that's where the criminal system ends and civil system begins. The driver will sue every biker that came in contact with him; for millions.

the American way.
    Last edited by axa; 10-01-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    2012 DF250RTB_B with Yamaha XV250 V-twin
    1998 XVS650 (For Sale)
    2003 LS650 with Voodoo Vintage hardtail

10. #10 Re: Group ride goes bad 
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2440049/Biker-28-arrested-erratic-driving-sparked-high-speed-chase-led-motorcyclists-beating-driver-wife-child.html Lien, 33, was chased by motorcyclists after he accidentally hit a biker, Christopher Cruz, with his Range Rover in New York City.

That adds a new twist the SUV was a hit and skip?

So if a driver hits you and drives off you cannot chase them down and drag them out of their car and beat them, no kidding, because then the victim becomes the criminal.

I still think that the driver of the SUV and his wife should be charged with hit and run.

I love how they say accidentally hit the motorcycle, they seem to discount that they kept going.

They now need the cell phone records of any calls from the SUV, they I believe would have called the police? They also should have driven to a local police station to make a report, the pursuit lasted an hour?

If you are on the highway surrounded by motorcycles what would you do? Slow down move to the right lane and if needed call law enforcement?

I do not know but perhaps this driver thought it was his road too and tried weaving through them and hit one, then it becomes a matter of pulling over and calling the police, its not about ridding away…who does that. The panic excuse does not work, would doing that be safer, obviously not.

If you accidentally hit a rider you pull over and face up to it, in this case it would be about being very apologetic and first calling 911 and making sure they new and it was recorded.

I am not crazy that this driver is likely to win in this case, because of the rider taking the law into his own hands, he should have called the police and reported the accident.

I do not believe that the riders addressing a hit in run in their own illegal way negates the initial hit and run of the SUV.

Last edited by MJH; 10-01-2013 at 05:44 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast