Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 QingQi - Sinnis: Going Big in Britain! 
    "New Sinnis Apache shows how quickly Chinese quality and style are catching up with Japan" - MCN

In England QingQi's bikes are handled by SuperByke and Sinnis. Apparently QingQi will not be dealing with Superbyke anymore in 2009, giving exclusive dealership to Sinnis of England (a direct distributorship of QingQi!!!).

The Sinnis re-badged QingQi bikes have been review by Motorcycle News, a major and well respected online magazine in England... and guess what!? They get good reviews! Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this may be the first time a Chinese manufactured bike has gotten positive coverage in a major Western motorcycle publication.

The two bikes reviewed were the Sinnis "Apache" 125 Supermotard (GY-AB) and the Sinnis "Stealth" naked street bike market towards beginning riders. I hope we'll see the QingQi "Rock" in England.

The following reviews are taken from the Sinnis webpage:
    http://www.sinnis.co.uk/wp_review_mcn.php

Good job guys!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #2 Qingqi-Sinnis Motorcycle news roadtests 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Thanks. Good read. About time someone recognise the Qingqi's build quality.
    On the Stealth article they mention rumours of a 400 model...put my name down for one please!.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    Thanks. Good read. About time someone recognise the Qingqi's build quality.
    On the Stealth article they mention rumours of a 400 model...put my name down for one please!.
    On chinariders.net, someone mentioned that the brand, Qlink, who re-brand the Qingqi 200cc enduro and motard for the U.S. was possibly bringing out a 400cc--I guess they (think at least they) will be still cooperating with Qingqi.

Yeah there is a 400cc engine in testing and when it's done the company may send MCM some pics for feedback like we did for the QingQi Rock. They are keeping thing real hush hush.

The guys at QingQi said it they will not directly be at the Indy show except for a couple scooters shown with the Jianshe lines. QLink will apparently be showing the 200GY lines.

As far as QLinks 400cc bike goes, they can choose any manufacturer they want as it certainly doesn't have to be QingQi so we'll have to wait and see what they come up with.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post

As far as QLinks 400cc bike goes, they can choose any manufacturer they want as it certainly doesn't have to be QingQi so we'll have to wait and see what they come up with.

CC
    I have a feeling that they were expecting to still cooperate with Qingqi, although there are some other 400's out there.

Can't wait to see what Qingqi has concocted with their 400--if it is anything like their 200cc enduro/motard, and (still waiting!!) 250 enduro/motard, it should be something good!

Well the framework I saw at their RnD (but wasn't allowed to photo) looked like it could cause people take a second guess as to wether or not it was Japanese.

More recently JeanPierre, who heads their South Africa branch visited them and he claimed that they have some very exciting products coming up which would be in direct competition with Japanese models.

Still, the proof is in the pudding so we'll have to wait and see. QingQi sure could stand to update their webpage though.

CC

7. #7 400cc Qingqi 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi everyone Jean-Pierre here from Qingqi South Africa.

Do not expect the 400c of Qingqi to be completed before 2011 as the 250cc has just been released and this engine is a first for the chinese. It pushes out more power than any 250cc Semi/on/of Scrambler made in China and the power rating compares to that of Jap Bikes. This 250cc engine has never been used before it has a smoother run than the 200cc. The 250cc is almost smoother than the 125cc.

Qingqi has alot of new development coming up but you will have to wait and see, Trust me i have been there and test Drived models no one knows about yet. The Qingqi Rock will be released once the factory has enough international feedback from Other Country's. You know the quality testing procedure of a new model of Qingqi is very tough engines are placed on a test bench for 500 hours non stop if there is an error the engine becomes problomaticin the tests the engine is re designed.

Remember Qingqi is currently one of the big leaders inchinese motorcycles in The World Motorcycle market they are striving and will soon achieve the status of Honda and suzuki. ext.

If you have any questions in regard with Qingqi just post on the forms i will check it daily.

Cheers everyone
    Jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre, since where I live in the US is similar to S. Africa (probably not, but let me ask anyway) and Qingqi S. Africa would probably like to test its models in secrecy, you can send bikes my way, and I would be more than happy to test ride them in total secrecy, away from prying eyes! Just because I feel like we are a family here on mychinamoto, I would even do your product testing without accepting compensation!! Even though it would be tough work, I would be more than willing to put the up and coming 400 bike to the test, just because I am nice and all that! Just PM me, and I will send you my shipping address. You are more than welcome to come and see the progress of my testing, and I will take you just a few miles across the border where I will indulge you in Mexican beer and women!

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Culcune's spirit of self-sacrifice, unstinting devotion to duty and big-hearted altruism coming through there...
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

I already got plans for a statue drawn up. All I need now is a Chinese company to make one and give it to me for free.

CC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast