Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamwalker View Post
    Hi, anyone had a issues with the engine idling? Mine TK cuts off, when left on idling. Especially, when engine is warm already. Also have to start the bike with throttle a bit opened. This issue appeard on 2015 version after 2000 km. Dealer replaced fuel pump. After it it did 200 km and the issue is back again. No FI indicator showing any error....
    I have only had it cut out once when idling and then it would not re-start, turned out to be battery not fully charged.

2. #12 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPhil View Post
    I have only had it cut out once when idling and then it would not re-start, turned out to be battery not fully charged.

Battery is ok. Sometimes it stays idling correctly. But mostly it cuts out. When starting cold it is ok. After engine gets warm it starts. How many km have you done on the bike?

3. #13 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Senior
    Battery is ok. Sometimes it stays idling correctly. But mostly it cuts out. When starting cold it is ok. After engine gets warm it starts. How many km have you done on the bike?
    18300 km, I thought my battery ok and fully charged, it was not, are you using fresh fuel or fuel stored in tank over winter, just a thought, it happens a lot in UK because bikes are stored over winter.

possible Oxygen sensor fault, the manual has resistance tests for all the sensors, is your coolant level OK

4. #14 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    18300 km, I thought my battery ok and fully charged, it was not, are you using fresh fuel or fuel stored in tank over winter, just a thought, it happens a lot in UK because bikes are stored over winter.

possible Oxygen sensor fault, the manual has resistance tests for all the sensors, is your coolant level OK
    Bought it 2 months ago. Always fresh fuel. Dealership said, that fuel pump was broken. They replaced it and it worked fine while. But I think the malfunction of the pump has another cause. It is under warranty, so again in their workshop. Have not checked the manual. Have you been driving also on wet road or during rain? I was.

First 2000km everything was ok....

5. #15 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Bought it 2 months ago. Always fresh fuel. Dealership said, that fuel pump was broken. They replaced it and it worked fine while. But I think the malfunction of the pump has another cause. It is under warranty, so again in their workshop. Have not checked the manual. Have you been driving also on wet road or during rain? I was.

Coolant I have not checked, as it is brand new....

6. #16 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Senior

I ride it all the time Wet or Dry, even in hailstones and have been on slushy snow as well, had one problem when it had been raining all day from 8:00Am even had to eat my sandwiches in the rain and I was on my way home around 8:00PM still raining and the headlights would not turn off, kept my hand over switch for 5 minutes and it started working again, one other problem I had, is that I had heated glove liners plugged in to the fairing socket and they became detached, I plugged them in again while hot and it blew a fuse, the fuse is also the lights fuse, I was in the middle of nowhere and it was pitch black, found fuse box and fitted the spare fuse, using the torch on the iPhone, let liners cool before plugging in again resistance is to low when hot and current surge is to high, P.S. I recommend Michelin Pilot Road 4, if not Pilot road 2

7. #17 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Senior
    Coolant I have not checked, as it is brand new....
    We have a facebook group called WK-650TR OWNERS, we also have a Whatsapp group, one of the Whatsapp group is originally from Latvia

8. #18 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    We have a facebook group called WK-650TR OWNERS, we also have a Whatsapp group, one of the Whatsapp group is originally from Latvia
    Will try to join. I am from Slovakia. I like how stabile it is. Had previously had Yamaha Xj6 Diversion F. But this ride is cool. Only that problems.

9. #19 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Senior
    Will try to join. I am from Slovakia. I like how stabile it is. Had previously had Yamaha Xj6 Diversion F. But this ride is cool. Only that problems.
    A dealer should be able to sort, does it cut out when running or just when idling, if only when idling points to oxygen sensor

10. #20 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    A dealer should be able to sort, does it cut out when running or just when idling, if only when idling points to oxygen sensor
    Only idling. Also start problem. If it starts and stays on idling, just a small engine rev up and then stalls... Also when going to a crossing, engaged clutch means it goes to app. 1300 Rpm and stalls then .....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast