Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamwalker View Post
    Hi, anyone had a issues with the engine idling? Mine TK cuts off, when left on idling. Especially, when engine is warm already. Also have to start the bike with throttle a bit opened. This issue appeard on 2015 version after 2000 km. Dealer replaced fuel pump. After it it did 200 km and the issue is back again. No FI indicator showing any error....
    I have only had it cut out once when idling and then it would not re-start, turned out to be battery not fully charged.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Noob
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPhil View Post
    I have only had it cut out once when idling and then it would not re-start, turned out to be battery not fully charged.

    Battery is ok. Sometimes it stays idling correctly. But mostly it cuts out. When starting cold it is ok. After engine gets warm it starts. How many km have you done on the bike?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamwalker View Post
    Battery is ok. Sometimes it stays idling correctly. But mostly it cuts out. When starting cold it is ok. After engine gets warm it starts. How many km have you done on the bike?
    18300 km, I thought my battery ok and fully charged, it was not, are you using fresh fuel or fuel stored in tank over winter, just a thought, it happens a lot in UK because bikes are stored over winter.

    possible Oxygen sensor fault, the manual has resistance tests for all the sensors, is your coolant level OK
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Noob
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPhil View Post
    18300 km, I thought my battery ok and fully charged, it was not, are you using fresh fuel or fuel stored in tank over winter, just a thought, it happens a lot in UK because bikes are stored over winter.

    possible Oxygen sensor fault, the manual has resistance tests for all the sensors, is your coolant level OK
    Bought it 2 months ago. Always fresh fuel. Dealership said, that fuel pump was broken. They replaced it and it worked fine while. But I think the malfunction of the pump has another cause. It is under warranty, so again in their workshop. Have not checked the manual. Have you been driving also on wet road or during rain? I was.

    First 2000km everything was ok....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Noob
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamwalker View Post
    Bought it 2 months ago. Always fresh fuel. Dealership said, that fuel pump was broken. They replaced it and it worked fine while. But I think the malfunction of the pump has another cause. It is under warranty, so again in their workshop. Have not checked the manual. Have you been driving also on wet road or during rain? I was.

    First 2000km everything was ok....
    Coolant I have not checked, as it is brand new....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamwalker View Post
    Bought it 2 months ago. Always fresh fuel. Dealership said, that fuel pump was broken. They replaced it and it worked fine while. But I think the malfunction of the pump has another cause. It is under warranty, so again in their workshop. Have not checked the manual. Have you been driving also on wet road or during rain? I was.

    First 2000km everything was ok....
    I ride it all the time Wet or Dry, even in hailstones and have been on slushy snow as well, had one problem when it had been raining all day from 8:00Am even had to eat my sandwiches in the rain and I was on my way home around 8:00PM still raining and the headlights would not turn off, kept my hand over switch for 5 minutes and it started working again, one other problem I had, is that I had heated glove liners plugged in to the fairing socket and they became detached, I plugged them in again while hot and it blew a fuse, the fuse is also the lights fuse, I was in the middle of nowhere and it was pitch black, found fuse box and fitted the spare fuse, using the torch on the iPhone, let liners cool before plugging in again resistance is to low when hot and current surge is to high, P.S. I recommend Michelin Pilot Road 4, if not Pilot road 2
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamwalker View Post
    Coolant I have not checked, as it is brand new....
    We have a facebook group called WK-650TR OWNERS, we also have a Whatsapp group, one of the Whatsapp group is originally from Latvia
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Noob
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPhil View Post
    We have a facebook group called WK-650TR OWNERS, we also have a Whatsapp group, one of the Whatsapp group is originally from Latvia
    Will try to join. I am from Slovakia. I like how stabile it is. Had previously had Yamaha Xj6 Diversion F. But this ride is cool. Only that problems.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamwalker View Post
    Will try to join. I am from Slovakia. I like how stabile it is. Had previously had Yamaha Xj6 Diversion F. But this ride is cool. Only that problems.
    A dealer should be able to sort, does it cut out when running or just when idling, if only when idling points to oxygen sensor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20 Re: CFMoto CF650TR thread compilation 
    C-Moto Noob
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPhil View Post
    A dealer should be able to sort, does it cut out when running or just when idling, if only when idling points to oxygen sensor
    Only idling. Also start problem. If it starts and stays on idling, just a small engine rev up and then stalls... Also when going to a crossing, engaged clutch means it goes to app. 1300 Rpm and stalls then .....
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CJ 750 picture thread
    By Supersignet in forum Sidecars
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 09-30-2015, 11:47 AM
  2. The Cumshot Thread
    By felix in forum Ride Reports and Meetings
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 06-28-2015, 03:19 PM
  3. Chinese CF650TR tourer worth taking away? NZ review
    By bikerdoc in forum Industry News and Moto Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 08:46 AM
  4. CFMoto CF650TR Prebook Sales
    By bikerdoc in forum Deals from Dealers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 01:35 AM
  5. That Oil Thread...
    By CrazyCarl in forum Maintenance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •