Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

View Poll Results: What aftermarket tire would you choose for CFMOTO 650NK or TR?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bridgestone Battlax BT-023

0 0%
  • Continental RoadAttack

1 10.00%
  • Dunlop Roadsmart 1 or 2

1 10.00%
  • Maxxis Maxxsport Diamond

0 0%
  • Metzeler Roadtec Z6

0 0%
  • Pirelli Angel ST

2 20.00%
  • Michelin Pilot Road 2 or 3

5 50.00%
  • OEM CST radial

0 0%
  • Other

1 10.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Which tires for CFMOTO 650NK/TR? 
    What mileage can I expect from Pilot power?

2. #12 Re: Which tires for CFMOTO 650NK/TR? 
    Quote Originally Posted by 998S View Post

An other one of your "talk without knowledge" replies?

In spite of what you state, tires can be perfectly shipped by air by any airliner or express service.

The only restriction according IATA regulations is:
    "A tyre assembly unserviceable or damaged is not subject to these Regulations if the tyre is completely deflated.
    A tyre assembly with a serviceable tyre is not subject to these Regulations provided the tyre is not inflated to a gauge pressure exceeding the maximum rated pressure for that tyre. However, such tyres (including valve assemblies) must be protected from damage during transport, which may require the use of a protective cover".

For God's sake, please stop filling every thread with your nonsense.

Thank you for you insight into this matter and duly noted!!! do you have problem with me !!! why is it all the asshole come from Shanghai and ride Ducati ???

And as i said before i have good fucking eyes no need to make you fonts so large
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #13 Re: Which tires for CFMOTO 650NK/TR? 
    Not easy to answer, but I am running >3-4.000km on the rear (Pilot Power CT2 and Pilot Pure CT2), and I guess double on the front.
    That is with ~120-140hp depending the bike, a lot of stop and go, and squaring off more then anything else.
    I used to change them halfway to my trackbike to use all of them, but hardly any trackdays recently.

You should easily do double the distance with your NK.

By the way, I am not sure on your rim size and the space you have on chain, swingarm and some other obstructing stuff.
    But if that allows, there is nothing against trying a 180/55.
    You will have a bit more rubber on the road, and the geometry will not be too different, unless you nail it in the corners (which is highly unhealthy in China if you are not on a track).

E.

4. #14 Re: Which tires for CFMOTO 650NK/TR? 
    What mileage can I expect from Pilot power?

We need to find out the Treadwear number on the side of the tyre

"Choosing a higher UTQG Rating for treadwear means longer tyre life yet the traction is usually lower as the treadwear rating goes up.
    In turn tyres with better traction ratings have lower treadwear ratings due to the tread compound required for better handling characteristics."

Lower the number better grip but dont last long higher the number no grip but last long !!!!
    i have found over many years in the tyre game Michelin tends to get a good compromise between the 2

is this a load of shit as well 998S prick
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #15 Re: Which tires for CFMOTO 650NK/TR? 
    there is nothing to try a 180/55.
    You will have a bit more rubber on the road, and the geometry will not be too different
    Bullshit .... OE tyres is 160-60-17 = 625.4 mm O/A dia
    180-55-17 =635.30 mm O/A dia

That means the 185/55 will be 10mm O/A bigger thats nearly 2% so you gearing will change and then you need to find out if the wheel rim size will take a 185/55

You need at lest a 5.5 rim to take a 185-55 tyre so bad advice on 2 counts

see 998S it is very easy to find fault in someones post

if you want to ??????

so get of my back or just move on to the next post

6. #16 Re: Which tires for CFMOTO 650NK/TR? 
    Well, if you knew your stuff other then from the books, you should know that there are huge differences in actual tires sizes.

Take 6 different brands of a 180/55 tire on the same rim, and you will see differences of up to 10mm in width, and about the same in OD.
    There your calculation goes through the drain already .. that makes it (1-0).

Then, Michelin tires are normally on the smaller side, so the difference with the OEM tire will probably be less.. (2-0).

The remaining extra diameter will put the bike very slightly more on its nose, making it a bit more agile (never wrong), but 1 or 2% is impossible to notice in the gearing, nor will have negative effects on it.. (3-0).

If there is space or not in the swingarm was already mentioned by me, so that makes it (4-0)

And then, most important, ZMC888 knows his stuff on bikes and motorbikes, he does not need theoretical nonsense.
    5-0, knock-out and time to go home for you...

7. #17 Re: Which tires for CFMOTO 650NK/TR? 
    Actually that's OK for Pilot Power, I was think if it was 8,000kms on the rear for the NK that would be enough. Seeing as you can pick up a set for 2000RMB it's actually a fairly sensible option seeing as I'll get some shrapnel road debris puncture on average every 4,000kms on average anyhow.

I wouldn't ever use a different tire size than stock, I'm just odd that way, but I still can get 160 on Taobao anyway.

I prefer riding tracks than roads but there aren't any tracks around here at the moment. I usually get a 1.5-2cm chicken strip on mountain roads, and can get the tire black across on the track or in a car park after about half an hour.

8. #18 Re: Which tires for CFMOTO 650NK/TR? 
    Quote Originally Posted by 998S View Post
    Well, if you knew your stuff other then from the books, you should know that there are huge differences in actual tires sizes.

Take 6 different brands of a 180/55 tire on the same rim, and you will see differences of up to 10mm in width, and about the same in OD.
    There your calculation goes through the drain already .. that makes it (1-0).

Then, Michelin tires are normally on the smaller side, so the difference with the OEM tire will probably be less.. (2-0).

The remaining extra diameter will put the bike very slightly more on its nose, making it a bit more agile (never wrong), but 1 or 2% is impossible to notice in the gearing, nor will have negative effects on it.. (3-0).

If there is space or not in the swingarm was already mentioned by me, so that makes it (4-0)

And then, most important, ZMC888 knows his stuff on bikes and motorbikes, he does not need theoretical nonsense.
    5-0, knock-out and time to go home for you...
    A pictures tells a 1000 words

fish.jpg

sorry ZMC888 about this on your thread...

9. #19 Re: Which tires for CFMOTO 650NK/TR? 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    A pictures tells a 1000 words

fish.jpg

sorry ZMC888 about this on your thread...
    ClickHandler.ashx.jpg

10. #20 Re: Which tires for CFMOTO 650NK/TR? 
    good point need to talk about tyres but as the good Captain did say .....

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Mr. Data...
    Data: Sir?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Shut up.
    Data: Yes, sir.

Data = 998S

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast