Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 sinnus vista 125 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi folks

After a little help if anyone can, i love this bike and its started giving me a load of problems this last few weeks. I had a nasty fall of it, a bus had broken down and dumped its steering oil all over the roundabout and i came along and boom. Insurance wont proceed so i was left to fix my bike. I did the repairs and all was good but two things have sprung up in quick tandem

Coming home yesterday my bike kept cutting out, i had a screw driver on me so i just tried turning up the idle and opened the choke a little too get me home. Investigating today i find this.

1379406_10202206196100031_570515246_n.jpg

Now i have no issues buying another one of these but reading the forums ive noticed a few others post this part as failing. Im wondering is there any aftermarket mod that would get rid of this. most bikes just have a pipe and jubilee clips. Seems if something works dont change it hay

And second im noticing in 5th gear a sound that sounds like the clutch is slipping. Or a really noisey baring. But it only does it under load, ie me and at speed. i cant replicate it traveling slowly, and as i slow down it eventually disappears. letting off the throttle or pulling the clutch in doesnt stop it. its only when the bike physically slows down. An it doesnt do it all the time...?? IT seems to only be after i have been at top speed fora period of time. if i cruise round town in and out of 5th it doesnt do it. but if i join the express way and get up to 50 ish it starts.

Thank-you for your help and look forward too giving you my experiences with this bike.

2. #2 Re: sinnus vista 125 
    Hey, the 1st issues, with the intake manifold, is identical to what happened on mine, quick fix was to wrap lots of duct tape round it, that tied me over till the new one arrived, the replacement one i put on didn't give me any issues and lasted the bikes lifetime. So i have a feeling the stock one that come son these bikes is just garbage.

Can't help with 5th gear, as i never used 5th both my bike and 2 other people i know who had the same bike all lost power in 5th, 4th would get me upto 60 (top speed) swapping to 5th would then drop the speed down.

3. #3 Re: sinnus vista 125 
    You can use epoxy to fix the manifold, you know that A / B glue that you mix together, it works perfectly, it's a pikey fix, but lasts

4. #4 Re: sinnus vista 125 
    1. I guess replacement with a new one seems to be your only option.
    If you install the new one, be sure there is no tension on the rubber.
    From your picture it almost looks the rubber was pulled up, the tension creating the (low quality) rubber to rip.

2. Did this happen after you fell? Did the bike slide on the left (shifter) side?
    It might be that your shifter-axle got a hit, thus perhaps getting a shiftfork out of line.
    Hard to diagnose on a distance, could be something else. Need more info.

E.

5. #5 Re: sinnus vista 125 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi

tape idea has worked great dave, will last till new one arrives, thank you so much for the idea. Will at least get me too uni :)

And yes the bike fell to the left, gear shift required bending back out to align as normal. There wasnt alot of damage, mirror, indicators and rear suspension
    strut. i was lucky i was travelling slow. I will investigate internally, i never gave that a thought.

6. #6 Re: sinnus vista 125 
    Try thinking by cause and reaction.

So it indeed fell on the left side.
    Simply it might be the shifter or shifting-rod still not optimal releasing.
    Check if it comes fully to the neutral position after u shift in 5th gear (can test by putting it on a centre stand or pitstand).
    If that works fine, it might be the allignment of a shift-fork or the shifting drum.
    The axle might have got a beating when the bike fell.
    Depending your technical knowledge, you might have to bring it to a dealer to have that checked.

Worst case scenario is that the bike ran dry while on its side, and a bearing starts to wear out.
    However unlikely these days, as the engine should have been cut-off after falling, and a bearing without oil, but also without load, will not be damaged easily.

Good luck.