Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 New rider in Zhuhai 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi All,

Anyone had experience of track riding in Zhuhai? Know a low budget way of getting involved?

I have just arrived in Zhuhai China after spending 4 years living in Guangzhou. It's great, so far I've discovered the International Circuit and 4 karting tracks including one on which I can ride a Kayo minigp bike. Not to mention the Macau tracks so close.

Since arriving in China it seems bikes are always banned in the cities I live, it really sucks as I live and work in the city centre and bikes are usually only allowed on the city outskirts. I rode on the road in the UK a Hornet with a windshield (Honda cb600fs) and I miss it. So I think my only option is to take up track riding.

The Kayo mini-gp bikes look like fun and not too expensive, the bike is about 11,000rmb to buy plus 2,500rmb a year track fees 2,500rmb a year storage fees. It would however be much cheaper and quite possibly a lot more fun if there were two people sharing it so if anyone in Zhuhai would be interested lets get something together.

If anyone knows any other interesting things for me please let me know. I would ideally like to be doing track days on a 600cc bike at the international circuit. It's quite cheap per day, around 150rmb I've heard but I haven't the first clue about how much it would cost to buy, store and run a bike like that.

Well keep on riding and writing guys!

Cheers

p.s I just realised this webiste has the same initials as me... good omen?

2. #2 Re: New rider in Zhuhai 
    Hey

Theres an English guy who runs a bar in Tangjia who does track days. It's the bar next to 'mike's'

sorry i cant remember his name!

3. #3 Re: New rider in Zhuhai 
    Hey - I was in zhuhai last week and Jimbo is the guy who can sort out track days 13676037711 and his bar is well worth a look too.

Also im selling an XTR cheap which is great fun on the track with the supermotards on. See the classified section for pics