Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 I'd love to have this one at home. 
    I think I have just found my new bike :-) http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21136/lot/256/
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

Biking is like sex :- you don't have to be good at it to enjoy

2. #2 Re: I'd love to have this one at home. 
    C-Moto Guru
    Search for TB Racing's posts. He mods those bikes like crazy.

3. #3 Re: I'd love to have this one at home. 
    Yes I have seen TB Racings post and it makes me want one if these even more. An original Honda not the cheap copies that wouldn't last a weekend. One day maybe when I retire and get away from China :-)
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

4. #4 Re: I'd love to have this one at home. 
    Skyteam's replicas are pretty high quality, but if you want to spend thousands on a minimal incremental increase in quality, that is up to you.

5. #5 Re: I'd love to have this one at home. 
    Culcune,

Thanks for the heads up on the Skyteam bikes, I have e mailed them to see if they can supply one to me here in China with paperwork so that i can get it road registered. One of these would be a great ride for my local errands and to go down to the beach in the summer. Just need to fit some knobbly tyres so that I can use some of my shortcuts :-)

6. #6 Re: I'd love to have this one at home. 
    As far as the CT70 replica, Z50 replica, PBR replica, and RV90/RV 125 replicas go (the first 3 names were the American names of old Hondas and the RV is an old Suzuki, not sure what they were named in other countries, though) Skyteam is the only one I would consider. They are branded here in the US under the Skyteam brand and 4 or 5 others, and all utilize the same 125cc engine. Hopefully, they are certified in China for your sake, and quality's sake...

7. #7 Re: I'd love to have this one at home. 
    Culcune,

I actually received an nice e mail from Skyteam last night. It seems that I can road register the 50cc Monkey bike here in China, after I can fit the 125cc. I have asked for pricing and full specs. They have informed me of a couple of fairly local dealers that i can buy the bikes from, it seems that they will make a bike specially for me with my specs, colours, etc. i have to go near to one of the dealers next week so there might well be a new bike at home soon.

8. #8 Re: I'd love to have this one at home. 
    I think you will be pleasantly pleased, but that is based on hearsay from mychinamoto members and chinariders.net members. I have only read good reviews from those with the retro-replica Skyteam bikes (with the 125cc engine) which is a lot more than I can say about some other Chinese bikes, which leads me to recommend them blindly. I have always lusted after the CT-70 Honda since I was a kid, yet needs have kept me from one. But when I finally get one, it will be a Skyteam (I sound like a dumb commercial, LOL).

9. #9 Re: I'd love to have this one at home. 
    Culcane,

I have been doing some research on the internet and it seems that they are well made and that their owners are happy with them. Skyteam sent me the contact details for their agent in GuangZhou, which is their closest agent to me. I have to go there in the next 14 days so I'm going to pass by and see what they have to offer.