Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Yunnan 2005

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by peterkue View Post
    .. Then I have an affordable nice and street legal bike (at least with plates Jing-A plates on it).
    Ok, will never be a BMW or even KTM, but good enough to follow (and overtake ;-) you.
    Could be that there is an opportunity for a legal Jing A plated GS.
    I'll let you know when I have details available.

And as far as overtaking me concerns - you are welcome to pass me as long as you can find the right way

Andy

C-Moto Regular
    legally you can not ride 2up on the expressways!
    thats why they didnt let you enter. if you ride alone no problem in yunnan expressways. the trick is to put the wife on the bus at the first toll gate and ask them to drop her 5km later. after you enter the expressway an have the paper from entering it, they will always give you another one at the next gate even you ride 2up than.
    Riding the horse to death

http://tuo-ma-si.blogspot.com

Be Dirty!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chinabiker View Post
    Could be that there is an opportunity for a legal Jing A plated GS.
    I'll let you know when I have details available.

And as far as overtaking me concerns - you are welcome to pass me as long as you can find the right way

Andy
    Hi Andy,

Shouldn't be a problem to find the way, I'll soon have your GPS with your tracks on it

Concerning the Jing-A plated GS: Yes, let me know. But I'm not sure if I will have the money for a BMW and if I want to ride such a bike with such bad kg/hp-ratio ;-)

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by peterkue View Post

Concerning the Jing-A plated GS: Yes, let me know.

Peter
    I see the occassional Jing-A and Jing-B plated F650GS's around Beijing. But usually with very tall prices (90,000 to 100,000) in "ma ma hu hu" condition

I have yet to hear a definite word on if the Jia Ling 600's are Beijing licensable, but if so, I am mighty interested

missed you at the Beijing Monthly M/C Riders Meeting, Peter, I hope those busted bones heal up in time to ride
    2005 Ducati 1000 SS and 2004 Ducati 999
    2006 Yamaha R-1
    2007 Suzuki DRZ-400 SM
    1984 BMW R80RT
    EMail: Lago888@yahoo.com _Cell # 1348-864-0048

Another Great Ride Report, Andy

thanks for taking the time to post that

Those GS ("Globe Stompers") are great All Terrain Vehicles. & Yunnan looks like an awesome place to ride .

Did that Italian ever make you a good cup of esspresso ?
    2005 Ducati 1000 SS and 2004 Ducati 999
    2006 Yamaha R-1
    2007 Suzuki DRZ-400 SM
    1984 BMW R80RT
    EMail: Lago888@yahoo.com _Cell # 1348-864-0048

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Great pics plus ride report. Those rural mountain twisties certainly stir the soul.

Be Dirty!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago888 View Post
    I see the occassional Jing-A and Jing-B plated F650GS's around Beijing. But usually with very tall prices (90,000 to 100,000) in "ma ma hu hu" condition

I have yet to hear a definite word on if the Jia Ling 600's are Beijing licensable, but if so, I am mighty interested

missed you at the Beijing Monthly M/C Riders Meeting, Peter, I hope those busted bones heal up in time to ride
    Tim: Long ago, it must be over a year, the Jialing-producer told me, that their bikes can be legally registered with a Jing-A-Plate here. And as far as I remember, Andy Knapp confirmed this. And there is this dealer near the Golden Motor Park racetrack who also rents out the Jianling. 600 RMB/day. Worth to give it a try.

As mentioned over the phone recently, the Jialing is a bit heavy (195kg) for these 40 hp. And (in my opinion) quite ugly, too. But it might be possible to register the bike, then strip it down, throw the ugly fairing, lamp, seat, tank, fenders, codriver footrest etc away, partly replace it with some lighter things, upgarde or replace the weak suspension, wheels etc pp. Then the bike may weigh only 140 kgs at the end. Still not a KTM. I don't know what the swing arm is made of, the headset bridges (right term in english?), buit if these parts are made of steel, it possible to replace them with much lighter aluminum parts. My ideas is to keep the frame and the engine only, as this is registered in the papers.
    Ok, that may not be 100% legal, but at least the bike has a Jing-A-plate then. And maybe it's possible to get a few more hp's out of this engine.

Peter

Hi Andy,
    nice pics, but we should ride again to bring new updates in.
    Free Rider

Hi Andy,

Great ride reports of Yunnan. I just came back from a ride to Loping, Yuanyang, Mengla, Boten(Laos), Jinghong, Lijiang, Dali and Yuxi. Want to do another trip to the Nu Jiang Valley. Can you e-mail me the GPS tracks from your Garmin? It might help me to find my way around. Thanks.

Regards,

Franki
    yansermc@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Franki View Post
    Hi Andy,

Great ride reports of Yunnan. I just came back from a ride to Loping, Yuanyang, Mengla, Boten(Laos), Jinghong, Lijiang, Dali and Yuxi. Want to do another trip to the Nu Jiang Valley. Can you e-mail me the GPS tracks from your Garmin? It might help me to find my way around. Thanks.

Regards,

Franki
    Thanks, Franki, let's see some more pics from Laos

P.S. you have mail
    Andy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast