Quote Originally Posted by Lago888 View Post
I see the occassional Jing-A and Jing-B plated F650GS's around Beijing. But usually with very tall prices (90,000 to 100,000) in "ma ma hu hu" condition

I have yet to hear a definite word on if the Jia Ling 600's are Beijing licensable, but if so, I am mighty interested

missed you at the Beijing Monthly M/C Riders Meeting, Peter, I hope those busted bones heal up in time to ride
Tim: Long ago, it must be over a year, the Jialing-producer told me, that their bikes can be legally registered with a Jing-A-Plate here. And as far as I remember, Andy Knapp confirmed this. And there is this dealer near the Golden Motor Park racetrack who also rents out the Jianling. 600 RMB/day. Worth to give it a try.

As mentioned over the phone recently, the Jialing is a bit heavy (195kg) for these 40 hp. And (in my opinion) quite ugly, too. But it might be possible to register the bike, then strip it down, throw the ugly fairing, lamp, seat, tank, fenders, codriver footrest etc away, partly replace it with some lighter things, upgarde or replace the weak suspension, wheels etc pp. Then the bike may weigh only 140 kgs at the end. Still not a KTM. I don't know what the swing arm is made of, the headset bridges (right term in english?), buit if these parts are made of steel, it possible to replace them with much lighter aluminum parts. My ideas is to keep the frame and the engine only, as this is registered in the papers.
Ok, that may not be 100% legal, but at least the bike has a Jing-A-plate then. And maybe it's possible to get a few more hp's out of this engine.

Peter