Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Those were the days... or how an idiot is destroying a forum. 
    Those were the days;
    When MCM members were posting their epic riding adventures;
    When Milton was posting on how many mountains they crossed, how many times he fell, how many times he climbed up and proceeded,
    When MotoKai posted pictures of one gall after an other, never really disclosing details,
    When Euphonius went through even bigger adventures, by being one of the first to register a bike in his own name in SH,
    When TB Racing was probably posting the most pictures of anyone of us from yet an other ride,
    When we all together tackled the problem of the Jialing stalling problem, filling more then 20 pages.
    Yes, those were the days.

Now, we face an idiot who thinks it is cool to reply in each and every post without reasoning and without knowledge.
    Arguing with everyone, turning every thread in a pissing contest, always trying to have the last say, what more.

Is it strange that most of the hardcore fellows stopped posting?
    No, not at all.
    But it leaves this forum, which was perhaps not the greatest, but certainly a good source of information for any Chinese specific issues, in tatters.

If I owned this forum, I should seriously think about where this will go if continuing like this.
    But that is, I am not the owner, luckily.

2. #2 Re: Those were the days... or how an idiot is destroying a forum. 
    998S, I know what you are saying. However people come and go on this forum. Most people don't ride a motorcycle and live in China forever. I'm sure the site's owner Crazy Carl is off somewhere posting articles on some forum on some Japanese touring bike or dual sport in an American context. He doesn't live in China and he doesn't ride a Chinese bike so he doesn't post much here. I'm sure most people stop posting do for similar reasons, and many have left because China has become less welcoming to foreigners in recent years with much less of a level playing field than there used to be, especially in business.

I know a certain person has driven a few people off, but we don't have an "IGNORE" button for nothing, and the fact that many of the older hands have stopped posting is mostly nothing to do with him. Crazy Carl set up the site knowing that people who live in China go a bit nuts and need to vent, even troll a little. Banning a certain person is worse than allowing him on here IMO, and goes against his free speech principles which CC set-up the site with.

I think Felix is exactly right with his post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    *********, if you're going to make it your life's work to get into arguments with strangers on internet forums then may i suggest you make an effort with your language? It's not clear from your writing whether you're a native English speaker. If you are then shame on you for making it such a headache to read, if you're not it's still inexcusable as punctuation should work the same way in whatever language you call home. Please make sentences.

The sad part is you do occasionally make some good contributions, so why must you wrap them in so many layers of insufferable nonsense?

3. #3 Re: Those were the days... or how an idiot is destroying a forum. 
    Not an owner, but been here since the early days and moderating for a couple years now. I've read every post, deleted a bazillion spam messages, banned a couple people, and participated in quite a few debates. The ratio of contributors vs leachers is pretty frustrating, and I've always been disappointed with the lack of effort shown by the hundreds of people passing through, milking the site for info, and then never giving anything back.

We don't have a rule book at MCM because we're all motorcyclists and we should naturally just get along and respect each other. The rules are simple. Be excellent to each other, don't talk about oil, use the search button, separate fact from opinion before posting, SHARE.

I deleted one unnecessary post today because it was a personal attack and it was in someone's ride report. I will not allow someone's ride report to be muddied up with foolish banter. However, this is a forum, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even the idiot(s). There's no reason anyone should stop contributing just because some douch-hole is acting like an idiot.

Ride more and post more, it's good for the soul.

Cheers!

4. #4 Re: Those were the days... or how an idiot is destroying a forum. 
    I deleted one unnecessary post today because it was a personal attack

And you think Mr ChinaV that when someone says hi dude

Prince666, if you're going to make it your life's work to get into arguments with strangers on internet forums then may i suggest you make an effort with your language? It's not clear from your writing whether you're a native english speaker. If you are then shame on you for making it such a headache to read, if you're not it's still inexcusable as punctuation should work the same way in whatever language you call home. Please make sentences.
    so this is not a personal attack on me then !
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #5 Re: Those were the days... or how an idiot is destroying a forum. 
    well said ZMC 888 that is the first bit of good advise you have given

I know a certain person has driven a few people off, but we don't have an "IGNORE" button for nothing, and the fact that many
    Just all you guys if you find my post not to your liking just use that buttom !!! but you cant you just need to read what i say .....
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

6. #6 Re: Those were the days... or how an idiot is destroying a forum. 
    Prince that isn't a personal attack, that's a fair assessment of your behavior.

Since someone had the sense to start this topic, I'll be honest with you. This is how I really feel about you, good and bad:

Pros:
    - You are happy to share information and help others
    - You contribute to this site

Cons:
    - You are very argumentative
    - You always need the last word and keep upping arguments
    - You sometimes treat people who have more knowledge and experience than you do like noobs
    - You think if someone is honest with you or not praising you they are against you
    - You have a need to build groups of 'friends' and 'enemies'
    - Your punctuation grammar and spelling are awful, but if you put your mind to it, it can be acceptable
    - You constantly derail topics with off-topic arguments and chat

7. #7 Re: Those were the days... or how an idiot is destroying a forum. 
    Thread closed and locked.

7 day vacation for a certain member that I hope will return and continue with good contributions.

Let's all get back to being the happy family we should be.

Cheers!