Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 PlS Help Me Find & Identify Parts for 2008 Baja Phoenix 250. Need Clutch Lever Assmbl 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi. I need a clutch lever assembly, as mine is soon to snap. I have the part#'s: px250s-180 - this appears to be the entire clutch lever assembly. px250-142 - this one only the clutch lever handle? Note: handle measures ~7" long. A pic is attatched to bottom of post.

m-and-d.com AND mastertechsports do not have it.

....that was the short version of what I'd like to say. :)

My parts sources have dried up. I go to their sites and place an order and then later I get an email back saying they don't have it and it's "NLA" - no longer available. What's most frustrating about this is that I can see that numerous almost identical bikes have been and are still being sold under a mountain of names. So parts are around. Even the bikes that have different engines (IOW the v-twins), they often have many of the same parts. And when the parts are not identical, they can still be used/get the job done. {btw, right now I need a clutch lever assembly - and I will buy a different one, if nec. however, I'd like to avoid this so my clutch lever will continue to match the brake lever design.)

The problems are: I often don't know which model year to order. I cannot find part #'s. The dealer sites don't make part manuals available (and they don't respond to emails asking for them either). They don't give pictures of the parts. There are no cross-reference manuals or lists to be found. Ebay is hit and miss...

Going to the local honda dealer to try to find a part is no good either because they turn their noses up and don't even want to talk to you once they find out you have a clone. Kind of ironic, isn't it? Funny too when I think of all the honda owners that have historically been dissed by harley riders. People are ridiculous!

Right now I need a clutch lever assembly, as mine is soon to snap.
    I have the part#'s:
    px250s-180 - this appears to be the entire clutch lever assembly
    px250-142 - this one only the clutch lever handle? Note: handle measures ~7" long.

Also: Oddly, my pep boys baja phoenix 250 has a hensim tag on the engine AND it has turned out to be a mixture of px250 & px250s parts. Meaning it's a mixture of the pep boys version and the hensim version. And I went to the hensim usa dot com site to order parts but I couldn't find any way to do that.

I've also tried qlink, American Lifan, hensim, etc. I haven't found a way to order from qlink. American lifan apparently wants you to order parts from their individual dealers (or that could have been hensim, I don't recall right now because my head is spinning from so many-many hours and hours of seaching for parts and trying to identify them). Why can't they show pictures of the parts?!

What the heck, while I'm dreaming.... does anyone know where I can find the following parts? Note: I didn't get the center stand with my new bike. It's a long story...and this post is going too long already...

px250-272 =center stand
    px250-273 = rubber bushing for center stand
    px250-274 = center stand axis
    px250-275 - spring for center stand

dipstick, part PX250-543. Lost the chrome cover to this...

Some known parts sources:
    http://m-and-d.com - This is gardner parts and it is who bajamotorsports.com will direct you to for parts. Almost all of which turn out to be "NLA".

http://mastertechsports.com - huge selection of parts for my bike. Almost all of which turn out to be "NLA". Note: apparently mastechsports is somehow affiliated with m-and-d.com.

https://www.tankscooterpartswholesale.com - they have a very limited selection.

A list of bikes (and related bike identifier terms) that use most if not many of the same parts/and/or compatible parts:

honda rebel cmx250, Hensim250cr, qlink adventure 250 - legacy 250 - legend 250, Lifan 250, xtrememe montanna 250, 253fm engine, fx250, zongshen, chunl, chongqing, suziki gz250 marauder clone ( appears to be much the same bike), some johnny pag bikes, and many more which I would love to add later because it may help someone else.

Note: To any lurking china bike haters. I paid less than 1700 new for my bike, it's got almost 12k miles, it's still running strong, still looks pretty darn good AND it's been great to me - with the only problems being due to idiots deciding to sit on my bike and knocking it over and damaging it while I was in the grocery store - (this has happenned twice now darn it!), due to someone running a yield sign and rear ending me, and due to my own errors. This has been a wonderful bike and if I went back in time, I would make the same decision to buy it again. Even if I couldn't find parts for it and got ow more use out of it - it was well worth what I paid. baja-phoenix-250-clutch-lever.jpg

2. #2 Re: PlS Help Me Find & Identify Parts for 2008 Baja Phoenix 250. Need Clutch Lever As 
    Nobody has imported any of the Honda Rebel copies since 2009-2010.

You could just look for parts on Ebay…under CMX250, the clutch levers are pretty generic.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Honda-R...ce6393&vxp=mtr
    Unless the Chinese derived part number is from the factory its pretty useless. Even if it is its probably useless as well since the people that import and sell have a tendency to assign their own part numbers and none of it works out because unless its from the factory, it won’t.

Cheap Cycle parts and Bike Bandit as well as CMS online have schematics for the Original Hondas and use the actual Honda part numbers, they are universal as they are derived from Honda.

What you have is an Asian version of the Honda Rebel (CMX250) the difference is yours has a connection for a tachometer and gear position indicator, it also has a decorative cover on the head, other then that they should be the same. Since they are copies of Honda Rebels all the Honda parts should work unless the Chinese manufacturer got cheap or creative.

You can then get an idea for what part number you need and then search for used ones on Ebay.

3. #3 Re: PlS Help Me Find & Identify Parts for 2008 Baja Phoenix 250. Need Clutch Lever As 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Nobody has imported any of the Honda Rebel copies since 2009-2010.

You could just look for parts on Ebay…under CMX250, the clutch levers are pretty generic.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Honda-R...ce6393&vxp=mtr
    Unless the Chinese derived part number is from the factory its pretty useless. Even if it is its probably useless as well since the people that import and sell have a tendency to assign their own part numbers and none of it works out because unless its from the factory, it won’t.

Cheap Cycle parts and Bike Bandit as well as CMS online have schematics for the Original Hondas and use the actual Honda part numbers, they are universal as they are derived from Honda.

What you have is an Asian version of the Honda Rebel (CMX250) the difference is yours has a connection for a tachometer and gear position indicator, it also has a decorative cover on the head, other then that they should be the same. Since they are copies of Honda Rebels all the Honda parts should work unless the Chinese manufacturer got cheap or creative.

You can then get an idea for what part number you need and then search for used ones on Ebay.
    Hi MJH.

I did look for parts on ebay - so much that my eyes still hurt and I couldn't find it. I do appreciate your taking the time to find that part though, but it's broken. And I hate to seem picky but I really kinda want one that isn't (broken). :)

I'm still seeing plenty of 2012 honda rebel clones being sold in the US; so are you saying that these are honda rebel clones that were imported in 2009-10 and are being sold as 2012's? Not to be disagreeable, but I kinda doubt that qlink, hensim, johhny pag (before they went bankrupt), extremescooters and many others are doing that. I could be wrong but I'm thinking that they are still being imported.

I know that the rebel didn't change much over-the-years but there were some changes and that is causing me problems because the honda dealerships will look up one part year for me and then if that part doesn't match they will tell me that they cannot help me and move-on to another customer. I know, I need to find a friendlier honda dealer.

I wish I knew what year of honda rebel that my bike most closely matched... In time, I will figure that out.

Another problem is that not all the parts used on my bike are cloned honda rebel parts. I've also read in many places that my frame was a suziki clone. IDK.

Thanks for the info on cheap cycle parts, bike bandit, and cms - they have a lot of parts and those schematics help. unfortunately, the schematics are not nearly as good a seeing a real-time picture of the part that I'm seeking because from looking at a crude schematic, I cannot know what color the part is nor if the part matches exactly - which is sometimes quite important.

Yeah factory part #'s wouldn't help me because (like you said) importers do assign their own numbers; and unfortunately they don't care at all about you once you've bought the bike - so they don't bother to provide a cross reference - which is something they really should do, since they also don't bother to keep stocking parts for the very bikes that they sold you. It's immoral and it should be a criminal offense.

Again, pretty much all the honda rebel parts do work, but colors change, and my accessories are often different. Oh well, it is what it is. Arrrgh...

LOL!

4. #4 Re: PlS Help Me Find & Identify Parts for 2008 Baja Phoenix 250. Need Clutch Lever As 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey MJH, if you happen to come back and read this. I just bought that part; I might be able to use parts of it to make mine whole again and I could use the extra clutch cable bracket (mine is rusted) and the cable will make a nice spare too. so you did do me some good. Thanks!

It's also good to know that I can almost always find a needed part by buyng genuine honda oem. Thanks for that info too!

P.S. If I knew how to "give thanks" to a member in this forum I would do that right now, but I cannot find the button.
    Last edited by whosgotmyback; 10-18-2013 at 05:17 PM. Reason: spelling, added a point

5. #5 Re: PlS Help Me Find & Identify Parts for 2008 Baja Phoenix 250. Need Clutch Lever As 
    No problems…..

Your bike is manufactured by 5R MOTORS and it’s affiliated with Honda or is at least a member of GAIG a grouping of companies that are indirectly affiliated with Honda of China.

Its a FYM250
    http://www.5rmotor.com/products/Moto...3/1014/23.html

Here is a parts list.
    http://www.partsyahoo.com/CLUTCH-ASSY-p/px250-535.htm

Once a year I go through the list of what is being imported….
    If its not on the EPA list its not being imported.
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?3074-Other-interesting%85or-not%85EPA-facts/page3