Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Taobao experience- Enjoy youself in taobao 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello ~ Here are the things I've learnt based from my work.

1. Risks
    When buying stuff from taobao, you must always reconsider the risks first especially when buying from online shops.

>Most Shops often have the tendency to "lose" the packages. It's a bad thing if you do get to experience this, and ;
    >Most shops do not replace the lost item. This is why you have to research about the shops's reputation. Google will help you get through this.
    >Most Shops look really pleasing to the eyes, but beware, scammers, and fraud are everywhere. Losing your hard-earned money is something you do not wish to experience.
    >It's better to use Paypal in paying your orders rather than use Western Union and etc. Paypal provides you the most safest way to transact, you get to have a bill, proof and sometimes, they'll help you redeem the money you lost to fake/fraud people.

2.Communication
    It's always good to choose a shop that can communicate english with you, you can rest assure that you're really doing business if you do so. There's also what we call Taobao Agents.

Tabao Agents are taobao shopping services that help international buyers, in which you can order various items from different shops, and receive them all in either one or two packages when it is delivered through you. Taobao agents also require a step-by-step payment method such as , "1st Payment" and "Second Payment" . In the 1st payment, you pay all the domestic shipping fees and the items total prices. The 2nd payment is actually the international shipping fee itself .

PROS

- helps you save time in buying from different shops.
    - the "agents'" who'll be transacting with you can speak Chinese, therefore, communication is easier for them to take your orders from a shop that does not really communicate well in English .

CONS .
    -since you're having a service done, of course, you get to pay rather higher than what you can from direct-shop buying. why ? Taobao agents will order various stuff from different shops, ordering from different shops will cost you China Local shipping fees that you need pay. it's because the agents gather different products from different shops thus, the route of your orders is extended, rather than buying straight from the shop instead. and ofcourse, for the service, they'll usually ask for 10% of the total price of your orders, thus =

Taobao Agents Payment Combo = you pay different Domestic Shipping Fees that will ship the orders from different shops to the Taobao agent + you pay their Service Fee + you also pay for the International Shipping Fee.
    - Sometimes, Taobao Agents tend to accidentally "lose" your package while it is being shipped to you, and sadly they don't offer any replacements .
    - Their packaging isn't really appealing at all. They chunk up all of your ordered into a small box( if you're gonna use China Air Mail ( which is cheaper btw.) ) and once you open it, you might experience having your ordered items slightly wrinked,damaged and etc.
    - Sometimes they just can't get your orders right. You might be shocked when your package arrives, it would be either ; the white socks you ordered appear dirty or the dress you ordered is different from what you saw on the shop display.
    -Some Scam Taobao agents let the customers pay first and when the customer does, they run off leaving you penniless and emptyhanded.

3. Tips
    - Always buy from accredited and Legit Taobao Shops. (usually these shops are very popular so you'll easily know if they're legit or not) .
    It's best if you buy directly from the shop, you can save from the expenses like shipping fees.

- When buying from Taobao Agents, ALWAYS CHECK YOUR ORDERS wether they are shipped to you or not . like everyday if you have to. The risky part usually starts once you have paid the 1st payment. Let the agent assigned to you take pictures of your orders with your name scribbled on a piece of paper on top of your orders, this will help you get through scam and fraud situations.

- Always keep a professional transaction communication . Don't be giddy and everything . It's better if you lessen the use of emoticons and emotional gratitude (unless you have the package already and you want to thank them), Why ? it'll contribute to the idea of you being gullible to their malicious scamming.

I hope that I helped you ~ If you have any more questions, you can always PM me here .

Shop I order goods from : ugomark.com

Find latest suppliers in China,ShenZhen . Free services.

2. #2 Re: Taobao experience- Enjoy youself in taobao 
    I have a simple system: Avoid Taobao if possible.
    If I can't get it online (western country) ie motorcycle tires etc then use a reputable Taobao supplier.
    If it's made in China or Taiwan and loads cheaper than in the west, then maybe.
    If it's easy to fake, (handlebar or engine oil) then prefer to avoid Taobao.

Plus always remember the 'Lining effect'. Sometimes it's better to spend your hard earned on 100% real Chinese high-end trainers than to buy fake Nike.

3. #3 Re: Taobao experience- Enjoy youself in taobao 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    This post is a commercial advert and (maybe Im wrong) it should not be here!
    But at least the author made some effort to make it look like its not ;)

4. #4 Re: Taobao experience- Enjoy youself in taobao 
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    This post is a commercial advert and (maybe Im wrong) it should not be here!
    But at least the author made some effort to make it look like its not ;)
    And I thought I was being paranoid, it does look like a spammer, eh?

5. #5 Re: Taobao experience- Enjoy youself in taobao 
    Hmm, yes, but their English is so good, I'm almost inclined to let it slide.

6. #6 Re: Taobao experience- Enjoy youself in taobao 
    10/10 for effort. The odd Chinglish grammar/spelling/punctuation/capitalisation here and there gives it away though.

7. #7 Re: Taobao experience- Enjoy youself in taobao 
    crap.JPG

Location "american"
    Posts "1"

Seems legit....

though the grammar is stellar really

8. #8 Re: Taobao experience- Enjoy youself in taobao 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    And I thought I was being paranoid, it does look like a spammer, eh?
    hehe..spammer? why?

9. #9 Re: Taobao experience- Enjoy youself in taobao 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    crap.JPG

Location "american"
    Posts "1"

Seems legit....

though the grammar is stellar really
    friend ...i donot think so ..

10. #10 Re: Taobao experience- Enjoy youself in taobao 
    C-Moto Noob