Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 DAYUN (大阳)DY150-6 / good choice or crap? 
    Hi,

greetings to all of you from Kunming.

I'm here in this forum for quit some time watching, sucking up informations (they are priceless here) and planning to buy my first bike now (after nearly 7 years on the back of e-bikes).

Does anyone ever heard of this bike/brand:

http://www.motorcycles-china.com/Mot...x01o3w8w1v7vV7

I still try to find out which bike is "the first bike" for me and was also looking at the dual-sports side.

Thanks and keep rolling (safe)!

edit: Just saw MJH's thread, hopefully he knows something about that bike. ;)

2. #2 Re: DAYUN (大阳)DY150-6 / good choice or crap? 
    Honestly, what are you thinking? Personally I wouldn't touch that bike. Seems weird but the characters are Dayang, so why the Dayun not sure? We had a Dayang three wheeler and it was rubbish. Well made bikes in China are the exception not the rule. I'd buy a Japanese branded China bike, or at a stretch a Qianjiang or Loncin. Something like a Jianshe Yamaha YBR125 or Sundiro Honda CBF150 would be ideal. Prefect reliable bikes with great resale value. Maybe the X version of the YBR125 if you might like a little off road or dirt track.

2012.5.4_16.25.16_5339.jpg

If that's expensive you can get the Jianshe version:
    45.jpg

3. #3 Re: DAYUN (大阳)DY150-6 / good choice or crap? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    ...I'd buy a Japanese branded China bike, or at a stretch a Qianjiang or Loncin. Something like a Jianshe Yamaha YBR125 or Sundiro Honda CBF150 would be ideal. Prefect reliable bikes with great resale value. Maybe the X version of the YBR125 if you might like a little off road or dirt track.

2012.5.4_16.25.16_5339.jpg

If that's expensive you can get the Jianshe version:
    45.jpg
    I agree with ZMC888's comments. The Yamaha YBR125X (trail version) is a very practical bike for the local conditions, given how even the nicest roads in PRC can change given a little time and wear. The other bonus is that getting parts or servicing these types of bikes will be pretty painless and straight forward most of the time, not foregoing the TIC characteristics.

4. #4 Re: DAYUN (大阳)DY150-6 / good choice or crap? 
    Thanks for your oppinions and the suggested bikes, they look interesting. I'm curious about the price tag on these, since my budget is not that high.

@ZMC888

Actually it's a DaYang (大阳) but it's seems DaYun is the brand name for the foreign market.
    A friend owns a Yamaha 125 (not sure which type exactly) he's doing tours and is really satisfied with it.
    In addition the dealer took care of all the paperwork and the day he bought it, he got the bike plated.

Honestly i never thought of DaYang before, i just got an offer last week for second hand legal plated one (bought 03/2013).

@bikerdoc

The YBR125X looks really nice, i will check that. Since my friend bought his bike from a local Yamaha dealer i will visit them soon, looking what they got in stock there.
    I agree that a bike can be a pita if the repair shops have no or little spare parts for it. Especially in good ol' China.

I also contacted ThePope after reading his thread for the CQR250 bike from Taobao. But there is something odd about it because the seller told me the bike does not have CCC, but they can provide the paper which states it has CCC norm. I want it legal plated so i guess this option is ruled out.
    Last edited by Cromson; 10-20-2013 at 05:42 AM.

5. #5 Re: DAYUN (大阳)DY150-6 / good choice or crap? 
    That's the 150-6 i was interested in:

http://km.58.com/danche/14735924847751x.shtml

And here i got some pics from the owner:

K800_1.JPGK800_4.JPG
    K800_3.JPGK800_2.JPG

Edit: I just saw this classified for YBR250, but for that price and looking like new it must be a scam...

http://km.58.com/danche/15625049626370x.shtml

6. #6 Re: DAYUN (大阳)DY150-6 / good choice or crap? 
    Hey Cromson yes that will be a scam fer sure no touchie with ten foot pole. The Dayang however does the 150i mean injected? If so probably best to avoid with the same size pole, if not and its legally plated and the price includes said plates well it's a 150 single so how hard is it to keep going. To me it seems a reasonable bike for the money (about half the cost of a YBR) If you like that style of bike then go and have a good hard look at it, bearing in mind any problems it has now will become your problems when/if you buy it. Pay particular attention to steering head and swingarm bearings and any indications that mileage shown on the clock doesn't match general wear of the bike.

7. #7 Re: DAYUN (大阳)DY150-6 / good choice or crap? 
    Here is link to a list of outlets in your area.
    http://www.gzdayang.com/search.aspx?...1=%d4%c6%c4%cf

The Brands are the same either or Dayang or Dayun....They are probably the largest manufacturer in China, not that is such a good thing, other then locals buy them and parts and support would abound.

They hold the 10th and 4th places in total production volume, they are a JV the 4th is the Chinese company and the 10th is the Thai partnership, so combined they would likely be the largest.
    Last edited by MJH; 10-20-2013 at 05:25 PM.

8. #8 Re: DAYUN (大阳)DY150-6 / good choice or crap? 
    Their latest offering it is called a CHOK, a little electric car.
    The name tickles me to no end…

If you do go to dealers, please ask about these and let use know what you find out.

9. #9 Re: DAYUN (大阳)DY150-6 / good choice or crap? 
    That company needs some IT Project Managers bad…their website is a crazy electronic maze.
    It blinks and flashes, takes forever to load and is horribly difficult to navigate.

They have several actually, they seem to be keen on in Russia.
    http://dayangmotorcycle.en.alibaba.com/contactinfo.html

These very large manufactures are seriously way out of control….but they sell allot and in that maybe the local know something?

10. #10 Re: DAYUN (大阳)DY150-6 / good choice or crap? 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH
    that maybe the local know something?
    They know cheap. A motorcycle is considered a stepping-stone between ebike and car ownership nirvana. Yet oddly Dayang/yun don't figure in the minds of even Chinese motorcycle fans, who might buy a CFMOTO, Loncin or Qianjiang, but wouldn't touch Dayang with a shitty stick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast