Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 CFMoto 650TK/TR Windscreen mod 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    In OZ we get the medium height screen which I find pretty good most of the time.. We do not get dirty air like some places in China so I prefer to get some air at chest to visor level in warm to hot weather but want protection during rain and when it is cold.

The medium screen is effective until you get a head wind then there is some buffeting and I need to get below the screen. Because I want air most of the time (8 months out of 12), I do not want the higher touring screen talked about on this forum. I can not get the high screen in OZ anyway so I found a solution which suits me. It is an adjustable wind screen spoiler.

MRA X-Creen http://www.mra.de/en/x-creen

025.jpg027.jpg

The screen adds between 2 and 6 inches (50 to 150mm) to the height of the medium screen. I can direct it so I get air in my face in summer if I want it or set it about the same as the medium screen for touring or more like the high screen for bad weather. Being adjustable gives me more choice than having to own 2 fixed screens. The down side is cost as it is made in Europe. The screen comes in clear or tinted, I am happy with the clear as it matches the standard screen.

Cheers Rob

2. #2 Re: CFMoto 650TK/TR Windscreen mod 
    Great idea actually... Anyone have a clue where one might be able to find it, or Chinese copies in China? Looked on Taobao, to no avail.

3. #3 Re: CFMoto 650TK/TR Windscreen mod 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    MRA X-creen... nice alternative. I have a full MRA screen on my XT1200Z Super10, works a treat, removes the dead & turbulent air that the standard Yamaha OEM screen suffered from. The MRA X-creen not available in PRC though.

But hey, don't fret, there's always a localised alternative...

Introducing Wind Blaster Max

x-screen1.jpg

Never worry about bugs again, forget dirt, bricks, rocks, stones and debris while following the convoys of overloaded dump trucks, with the Wind Blaster Max you can cut your own slice of clean air and quiet ambiance through the majestic vistas of your local village.

x-screen2.jpg

Worried our screen won't fit, be still your beating heart, universal application, one size fits all, made from the most highly sort after materials, wind tunnel tested which conclusively prove that the Wind Blaster Max is better than even the best barn door!

x-screen3.jpg

Incredibly easy to fit with our patented no-nonsense universal fitting mounts borrowed from a friendly competitor. No adjustments necessary, no fiddling round with knobs, tools, screws or nuts. No siree fit it and forget it - is our motto.

Be in quick, limited stocks available now, selling like hot cakes (without the filling). Order your Wind Blaster Max within the next year, and we'll throw in a limited edition hand sized battery operated portable fan, small enough to fit in your pocket, so you can have instant air for the wind in you face feeling.

Limited time only, all at the low, low price of CNY35.

Order today before stocks run out. Order direct from the farm gate.

See, I do have a sense of humour...

4. #4 Re: CFMoto 650TK/TR Windscreen mod 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I think they stole that screen from the Riot Police.

5. #5 Re: CFMoto 650TK/TR Windscreen mod 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    The first batch of 650TK we got in OZ had the medium screen so I added the MRA spoiler to the screen which made it work like the taller screen like you get elsewhere (see above posts). I managed to get a tall screen for myself, fitted it hoping for even better bad weather protection in winter only to find terrible wind turbulence making the ride extremely noisy. I mounted the MRA spoiler to the new tall screen and got a 100% improvement, great protection and NO turbulence and a quiet ride.

The MRA screen had more benefit with the tall screen than the medium one. I could not ride without the MRA screen, the difference is night and day. I think MRA is from Denmark and sold world wide. I read about people using ear plugs to keep the noise down, I don't need them at all.
    If you haven't grown up by the time you are 40, you don't have to!

6. #6 Re: CFMoto 650TK/TR Windscreen mod 
    Hey Trebor.

Multiple 650TR mods... meant I'd installed an aftermarket tall screen on the 650TR which had the same curved shape to the bottom of the first OEM short (you refer to it as medium) screen. The great point about the after market screen was that it had a nice sweeping curve when looking at the 'side on' profile of the screen, meaning that the air flow was more likely flicked up near the top. Pity that the bottom of the after-market tall screen (curved instead of coming to a point) copied the OEM short screen though. The newer OEM tall screen fits the lines at the bottom of the underlying tupperware (coming to the aforementioned point at the base) which I liked as did another TR owner here in PRC, consequently we both bought the OEM tall screen recently. As stated the bottom of the new OEM tall screen better fits the lower lines/profile of the plastic tupperware underneath the screen. However when viewing the OEM tall screen from the side-on profile, the screen demonstrates that there is no curvature or flick at the top of the screen which both the OEM short screen and after-market tall screen have. Pity, as this helps to redirect the air flow away from the riders face, depending on the riders height.

I also raised the screen away from the tupperware underneath so that I could fit items on the top of the 'dash' (device holder, digital clock), this change in screen rake consequently also helps redirect the air flow.

I've seen the MRA screens, but while they are available world wide, that is a misnomer since such add-ons are not so easy to find here. I have found a supplier but wonder if the MRA screen this dealer has access to is generic enough to be a suitable fit to the likes of the TR?

Which MRA screen did you buy/install, was it the X-creen and if so which specific bike model was it for (Kwaka ER-6F by any chance)?
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 05-27-2014 at 09:04 AM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

7. #7 Re: CFMoto 650TK/TR Windscreen mod 
    For completeness I've found a couple of MRA screens that might work... here's one at 550 kuai
    上海东州 德国MRA 加高风挡 川崎ER-6N/6F 13
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso