Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    JH 600-A
    Dear all,

some of you might remember my little story. Well, after several attempts and friendly conversation to try to get my bike transported back to Shanghai, I finally went to the police to threaten the company which transported my motorbike.
    Turns out that his mobile phone number 13816985804 is already related to some small incidents like shoes paid but not made or other stuff. Since the number is not in service anymore since around a week I have to assume the bike is gone.
    Pretty bad, it was such a nice motorcycle. (Including Tourfella boxes!)
    Now what do you all mean, should I post the photos of the three guys here which have "transported" my bike? The contact was made by my chinese friend who now has to remember how he found this guy on the internet. But even if he can remember, I am not confident that this really will help. I think the bike is already somewhere far away.
    Whatever, at least this gives a nice story to read for you and of course I keep you updated.

2. #2 Re: Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    Post the fotos!!!!!

3. #3 Re: Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    Man sorry to hear this.

TIC & you can't trust one to do anything right or as planned, but you sure can & always should trust one to back-stab you any chance one's got.

Thanks for sharing so we're aware of still another scam.
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

4. #4 Re: Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    Really sad story, sorry to hear.

I would not recommend to post the pictures, i guess it's not lawful.

Now i understand why the gov requires requires ID-Card for all new phonenumbers/internetconnections...

5. #5 Re: Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    I echo the sentiments that this is a horribly sad story - very sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Braillce is, unfortunately, correct about living in China - back-stabbing is the norm.

I also don't see what the point of posting the pictures would be, aside from appeasing looky-loos at a train wreck. And Cromson is probably correct - it may be illegal.

I'm still a little confused, though. Is it correct that the last time you saw the bike was in June/July, when you handed it over to the shipper in Shanghai? Is it the Shanghai guy(s) you suspect of being crooks? Was there any independent friend who actually saw the bike appear down in the South West? Do you think the whole arrived/delayed/new quote stories were all just fabricated?

Again, so sorry about your misfortune.

6. #6 Re: Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    I would not recommend to post the pictures, i guess it's not lawful.
    But it is right to steal? If some of this guys complain about to have their face out in the "open", at least you can ask them where your bike is. If anybody of us sees them, we can ask where the bike is. If they have nothing to do with the theaft, we apologize. If someone wants to ship his bike and it is the same "company", you know what to do.
    I thing it is a legal bike. So now we have already two legal bikes stolen in a short time. Do they clone them?

7. #7 Re: Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    @Sabine

As long as it is not sure that the guys on the picture are involved in any way, i wouldn't do it.

A friend once found his stolen bike and knocked the guy of the bike. Unfortunatly the guy was thinking he bought it legally and sued my friend for mayhem. I just saying, the law can be unfair sometimes so better to keep cool and think twice.
    Last edited by Cromson; 10-21-2013 at 02:13 PM.

8. #8 Re: Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    JH 600-A
    Is it correct that the last time you saw the bike was in June/July, when you handed it over to the shipper in Shanghai?
    Yes.
    Is it the Shanghai guy(s) you suspect of being crooks?
    Because he said my bike was back in Shanghai but now his mobile phone number is dead. Besides that number was involved in some other crimes already known to the Police.
    Was there any independent friend who actually saw the bike appear down in the South West?
    No, I suspect it never went there. But of course I do not know.
    Do you think the whole arrived/delayed/new quote stories were all just fabricated?
    That is what is difficult to say. After I know that these guys were dealing with some other robberies I do not believe that they ever intended to ship my bike although they did it really well. I received a receipt and also the price was reasonable.
    Lessons learned: Listen to your wife! My wife was the only one who had a bad feeling about this but she did not dare to say anything.
    But you are right Cromson: although the case is quite obvious now I will wait with posting the photos until the "Internet Police officer" was here at my home to pick up the case. And I will give him the photos, too.
    At least I will get my C-plate back, right?

9. #9 Re: Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    I'm a little confused, are the guys in the photos you have but not posted yet, associated with the mobile telephone number which the PSB have described as being associated with other alleged thefts and non-delivery of goods? If so, I'd be posting the photos pronto, and if not then wait and get the PSB's opinion on the matter. Mind you the PSB opinion will likely vary depending at any given time at any given location, given the way the clouds look in the sky, the way the wind is or is not blowing, other seasonal influences, how their day is going, and other extraneous influences that have little relevance...

If those photos you have in your possession are associated with the less than legit number, post the photos, 'cause if they are linked to some form of criminal element, do you think for a moment they are going to front up and contact you to ask you to remove the photos when they had your bike - which you've never seen again. Aint going to happen.. that is EVEN is they are able to or bother to read a site like MCM.

Check the photos first though to establish/identify if there might be something that might or could associate someone or something else that shouldn't be, and edit the photo to obscure 'it' accordingly...

10. #10 Re: Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    One other thing is, did you buy insurance through the company that transported your bike initially? If so, did it cover loss or theft? Get your wife to be hitting the original company... in this instance, you need to come out with all guns-a-blazing. You've tried the mister nice-guy approach. Time to hit back!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast