Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromson View Post
    [...] Unfortunately the guy was thinking he bought it legally and sued my friend for mayhem. [...]
    LOL. How can this work judicially? Oh yea TIC.. How did it end, ur friend had to pay?
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

2. #12 Re: Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    Yep.. I'm with Sabine on this one.. Post the photos and post the pictures of your bike.. Also give these pictures to the police.. I remember 17 years ago 6 guys got the death penalty for stealing motorcycles .
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonk View Post
    Dear all,

some of you might remember my little story. Well, after several attempts and friendly conversation to try to get my bike transported back to Shanghai, I finally went to the police to threaten the company which transported my motorbike.
    Turns out that his mobile phone number 13816985804 is already related to some small incidents like shoes paid but not made or other stuff. Since the number is not in service anymore since around a week I have to assume the bike is gone.
    Pretty bad, it was such a nice motorcycle. (Including Tourfella boxes!)
    Now what do you all mean, should I post the photos of the three guys here which have "transported" my bike? The contact was made by my chinese friend who now has to remember how he found this guy on the internet. But even if he can remember, I am not confident that this really will help. I think the bike is already somewhere far away.
    Whatever, at least this gives a nice story to read for you and of course I keep you updated.

3. #13 Re: Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    Quote Originally Posted by braillce View Post
    LOL. How can this work judicially? Oh yea TIC.. How did it end, ur friend had to pay?
    It was in Germany and yes he had to pay, but the other guy got a trial too... finally revealing the thiefs identity.
    In the end my friend got his bike back, but for a high price. :)

4. #14 Re: Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    My two Fen are:

Do not post the pictures of these guys, maybe hand them to the cops instead.

If these crooks are well connected on the far side of law, you may receive unwanted visitors, find some not so nice looking guys always around you / your relatives or family, ..
    Andy

5. #15 Re: Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromson View Post
    [...] finally revealing the thiefs identity. In the end my friend got his bike back, but for a high price. :)
    Interesting story..

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsims View Post
    Yep.. I'm with Sabine on this one.. Post the photos and post the pictures of your bike.. Also give these pictures to the police.. I remember 17 years ago 6 guys got the death penalty for stealing motorcycles .
    Sad thing is if motorcycle thieves risk death if caught they're much more likely to stab anyone standing in their way cause it's no worse a crime (in terms of punishment).

Post the pics of ur bike if u like, but don't post the pictures of these guys, this isn't MyChinaJustice.com.
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

6. #16 Re: Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    I absolutely would not hesitate to post photos if you have them. Such a sad incident, and the people responsible should burn in hell for eternity, according to pertinent religious values. There's no honor among thieves, people who steal guitars, family, bikes. Rotten... And, deservedly, will get their rewards in hell....

7. #17 Re: Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    Let me add, this is why I won't succumb to the lust of buying a bike I think might be stolen. Because I don't want to support those m**fckers who are doing the thieving. Can't do it in good conscience and wouldn't want it done to me.

8. #18 Re: Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    JH 600-A
    I'm a little confused, are the guys in the photos you have but not posted yet, associated with the mobile telephone number which the PSB have described as being associated with other alleged thefts and non-delivery of goods?
    Yes, they are working for the guy who probably stole my motorcycle.
    If so, I'd be posting the photos pronto, and if not then wait and get the PSB's opinion on the matter.
    The latter being what I am going to do now. If the police has the software possibility to compare faces in pictures then this should help to identify them if they are known to the police. Only if there is no progress with the PSB then I will use this forum to ask for help if somebody knows them.
    I am curious what are the next steps and how the police deals with this.

do you think for a moment they are going to front up and contact you to ask you to remove the photos
    I also do not believe this and even if they came this was even better because then I could continue to follow up this case.

On one of the photos you can even see the plate number of the van they were using. Let's see if this turns out to be something.
    You know, if these are really thieves then I would use fake addresses, fake internet sites, fake phone numbers and fake car plates. Actually if it comes down to proof I only have the photos, nothing more, all the rest (incl. the plates if wrong) will be untraceable.

One other thing is, did you buy insurance through the company that transported your bike initially?
    Hey, that company is the one that took away my bike...
    As for the story again: a Shanghai company transported my bike and said they would organize the second transport. But now I cannot contact the Shanghai company anymore.

Get your wife to be hitting the original company...
    My chinese friend did that because my wife is not a chinese. Unfortunately my friend also cannot remember how he found the guy on the internet. But I asked him to bother his memory again because I suppose that Mr. Lee will continue his business and if so then I will have a second thing to transport (of course without revealing who I am...). And then I will ask the police for support.

9. #19 Re: Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonk View Post
    My chinese friend did that because my wife is not a chinese. Unfortunately my friend also cannot remember how he found the guy on the internet. But I asked him to bother his memory again because I suppose that Mr. Lee will continue his business and if so then I will have a second thing to transport (of course without revealing who I am...). And then I will ask the police for support.
    You don't think your friend worked in cahoots with the shipping company do you? There's a guy on this forum who had his bike stolen, and it turned out later that it was his local "friend".

10. #20 Re: Jialing JH600 stolen in Shanghai 
    JH 600-A
    I do not hope so! Until recently we worked together for a year in the same office...
    No, actually I fully trust him.
    Last edited by Sonk; 11-27-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast