Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Last weekend in the wild west 
    Went riding to this point on the Honda. Since it had a sign that said a vehicle needed to be street registered (check), but 4 x 4 recommended (street bike, no go ) I didn't get off the paved road. Here is a review of the road, but this part was cool--the paved road carries on as a paved portion of the Overland Stage Coach Route of 1849, while the dirt road is the actual route! However, enduro needed as the authorities required street registered bikes and California does not register quads , and will not recognize out of state street registered quads I will definitely get back here on an enduro, but will probably have to wait till next winter, 1. to save up money and 2. even if I bought a bike before October, the heat will kill me and I will have the stereotypical vultures flying overhead while a pack of coyotes picks at my carcass .

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/route.../CA/CA_7.shtml

[IMG][/IMG]

Looks like a good place to ride ;) Put some knobbies on your bike and go wild ;)

Is this like a trip report tease?

Where's the beef!!!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

DOOD.......I would so ride the hell out of that range!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Is this like a trip report tease?

Where's the beef!!!

CC
    There was nothing to report. I only went about 30 miles to this "intersection" and went back home. Did not sample the entire road like the report talks about. Interstate 8 was extremely windy from both the air and the bike's design. It was warm, though. I only took photos at this intersection, because I was too lazy and there isn't much to see in the miles and miles of desert between home and here. Now that I think of it, I should have taken photos at the Imperial Sand Dunes--some of the best sand dunes around, and where they filmed one of the original Star Wars movies.

The flip side is that the dunes are located entirely in the People's Republic of Kalifornstein--one of the US states that has rules and regulations that would make the Chinese government blush, or jealous

What, no bullet holes in the street signs??
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Kinlon 2008 200GY-SM
    Honda 2003 CB250
    Life is too short for traffic

Quote Originally Posted by kingmarty45 View Post
    What, no bullet holes in the street signs??
    Are you kidding me? California has some of the strictest gun laws in the US--you could be sentenced to 40 years hard labor in Death Valley just thinking about shooting a sign--hell, just thinking of a gun!!

Quote Originally Posted by crashnfool View Post
    DOOD.......I would so ride the hell out of that range!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not on your quad California had several disclaimers on the signs (they always have many laws to please lawyers!!), and one of the signs said any riding has to be done in street registered vehicles , and California does not plate quads, nor recognize street plates on quads from other states (i.e., its next door neighbor Arizona). Since Cali is in revenue mode, I guarantee you would be facing several fines if you tried to sneak the ride on your Hi-Bird

Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Not on your quad California had several disclaimers on the signs (they always have many laws to please lawyers!!), and one of the signs said any riding has to be done in street registered vehicles , and California does not plate quads, nor recognize street plates on quads from other states (i.e., its next door neighbor Arizona). Since Cali is in revenue mode, I guarantee you would be facing several fines if you tried to sneak the ride on your Hi-Bird
    I'd still ride it..... they would have to catch me and if they did..... then I would make a great episode of cops!!!