Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 lexmoto lsm 125 carb setting/mixtue help 
    C-Moto Noob
    Anyone help me set up my carburettor on my lexmoto lsm 125, I made the mistake messing about with it and now it bogs down

it idles fine just feels as its holding back when its on full throttle

2. #2 Re: lexmoto lsm 125 carb setting/mixtue help 
    Quote Originally Posted by kieronh84 View Post
    Anyone help me set up my carburettor on my lexmoto lsm 125, I made the mistake messing about with it and now it bogs down

it idles fine just feels as its holding back when its on full throttle
    I don't know what type carb you've got but if this is like a Sinnis Apache then, it probably has a slide type carb, depending what you played with, this sounds like the air screw needs adjusting. Turn it in fully till in stops/bottoms, turn it back at least 1 whole turn probably 1 and a half, start the bike and adjust it a little way either way until you get a smooth tick over, I'd raise the tick over as well and go from there.
    Although you say it bogs down at full throttle, that doesn't really have anything to do with the throttle screw adjustment, sounds like it's getting too much air and not enough fuel.
    Did you take the carb off, if you did check there isn't an air leak and the carb is connected properly without gaps at the connection points, is there an emissions type valve or something like that connected to the carb, if there is, is it connected correctly?

If you just tinkered with it then it shouldn't be anything too serious, check the float bowl is clear of debris/sediment, there should be a drain screw at the bottom of the carb.
    Is the air filter in ok, just sounds like you are getting too much air, check what colour the spark plug is as well, too light means a weak mixture, too dark or wet and the mixture is too rich, could be flooding at high throttle, not likely though, let me know how you get on, best of luck.