Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: EFI Kit - Fuel help 
    Absolutely nothing in the manual or injector markers... I am lost. Even the FAI website is no help! http://www.fai.com.cn/English/Product/

However I have found this: http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...p270002144338e

Even in the diagram there's no fuel pump present I am beyond confused! However... http://www.fai.com.cn/English/Techno...04-30/105.html

this says it pressurises the fuel in the injector...??? Thanks for all the help so far lads!
    Lexmoto XTR-S 156FMI (156cc big bore) - 163FML Cams (+1mm lift) - Foam Filter - Sports Exhaust - 17T Sprocket - 110 Main Jet - PZ30 Carb - Aprillia RS Ignition Coil - Casoli CDI

My Project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

2. #12 Re: EFI Kit - Fuel help 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arancara View Post
    ... this says it pressurises the fuel in the injector...???
    Interesting. The animated gif does indeed look like the injector compresses the fuel. Quite clever, if it works.

My suggestion is:

1) Enlist the help of a friend; and,
    2) Install the EFI system, maybe routing the return to an empty coffee cup (for now).

Once everything is hooked up, this is when you ask for your friend's help (make sure it isn't a good friend ... maybe just an acquaintance). Hold your friend's beer, you step back about 5 meters, and ask your friend to turn it over to see if it starts.

If the bike starts without bursting into flames, maybe then try routing the return before/after the filter (it probably doesn't matter). Finally, while again holding your friend's beer, see if the return routing results in the bike continuing to run. If so, congratulations!

3. #13 Re: EFI Kit - Fuel help 
    Anyway why are you going to all this bother to convert your bike to EFI ?

As far as I can see the only reasons to go through all this hassle is make the bike conform to some emissions standards or to increase power. If you want to increase power it would be a lot simpler to change the carb, fit a high flow air filter and rejet the carb, fit a performance camshaft and the best on of all is just to fit a bigger engine.
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

Biking is like sex :- you don't have to be good at it to enjoy

4. #14 Re: EFI Kit - Fuel help 
    Quote Originally Posted by Symon260z View Post
    Anyway why are you going to all this bother to convert your bike to EFI ?

As far as I can see the only reasons to go through all this hassle is make the bike conform to some emissions standards or to increase power. If you want to increase power it would be a lot simpler to change the carb, fit a high flow air filter and rejet the carb, fit a performance camshaft and the best on of all is just to fit a bigger engine.
    Already done everything for power,
    Mandrel bent stainless steel manifold
    Sports exhaust
    Bigger carb
    156cc big bore kit
    250cc head and cams (originally I went for stock head and higher lift cams, but issues arose)
    Cone air filter
    New adjustable suspension
    Wider tire (110 size)
    Uprated ignition coil
    Race CDI

The list goes on... Sadly I'm an addict of tweaking, it beats masterbation. Plus I get to learn things in the process. Every car I have owned I've had to touch but this is my first EFI conversion, its the last step to maximising performance due to the limitation of a carb. I have also bought a data cable for this ECU, I'm hoping to gain access to the ECU at a later date and maybe get a friend to help me tweak it on a dyno providing he has time to help and I have time.
    Lexmoto XTR-S 156FMI (156cc big bore) - 163FML Cams (+1mm lift) - Foam Filter - Sports Exhaust - 17T Sprocket - 110 Main Jet - PZ30 Carb - Aprillia RS Ignition Coil - Casoli CDI

My Project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12