Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Jim,

I'll check it out. The only ID tag available when you look at a video is without the "&fmt=18". However I'm finding if you manually add it to the url you'll get a High Quality version page.
    CC
    I tried it, is it what you meant? I don't see a difference.

(youtube]Iq2fmCJgxRA[/youtube)

(youtube]Iq2fmCJgxRA&fmt=18[/youtube)

Andy

No, the videos you posted are the same. Be sure not to confuse the URL with the IDtag. The USL is the full web address like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvIQxfHtmVY. The IDtag is just the:LvIQxfHtmVY. If you type the whole URL in your browser and add the "&fmt=18" end, then it will take you straight to the "high quality" version of the Youtube. Not all videos on youtube have the HQ option as it depends on the res of the original file.

You can see a sample of how it works here (note the @fmt=18 addition):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvIQxfHtmVY&fmt=18

Jim is claiming that the China-Moto.biz site has the ability to embed the high quality video right into the post/page. I have never seen this before so I'll be interested to see if it's true. What we SHOULD get is a larger embedded video screen. VBulletin uses BBCode for the [youtube] tags and this is based on the "embed" data you get on the upper right hand side of each youtube video. You will see that it does NOT point to the URL but points to a www.youtube.com/V/<idtag> regardless of which version you're watching, youtube only natively offers one imbed type (and this is in their interest because of bandwidth considerations).

I suspect the other site enables HTML in their posts which allows it to directly use the URL, but this also opens a page up to other problems. Either way, I'll check it out. I would love to have the ability to post a widescreen high-res video in the forum posts.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

If you go to the video, you can see the watch in high quality link, or you can manually add the thing to the url... There is one other one, fmt=22 I think, it depends on the video, if it doesn't have that version it will simply play the regular version.... I don't know the specs of each format off hand, they are available online, I believe the 22 one (or maybe it was 20), is for ipod video, with higher quality sound, and slightly smaller resolution...

The site doesn't have html enabled, it simply has different tags to embed youtube with... They can be used with other media sharing sites.

Paying attention the actual videos now though it may actually ignore the fmt tag over there as well... It would be nice if it worked though. It looks a lot better in the other format.

4. #24 I tried it again, again and again..... 

this is the best I can get out of YouTube. It is still "fresh", maybe, a better Quality will process in some Hours. Now "watch in high Quality" is not available.

the Original File is 1680x1020, high Resolution. The original Export to Quicktime is nearly perfect.

Today:
    1. I exported the .mov to .m4v, now I have a very good Video on my IPod Touch. I can read everything! Even when the Screen is tiny.
    2. I went back to the Camtasia Sudio 5 file, exported to "Web", .html. Than I uploaded this .html file to YouTube. The Upload was finished, and at the End of Processing YouTube send this Message: Processing failed, File too small.
    3. I made a new Export to Quicktime. This Time with the Option : save original Size. The Product you can see above.

For me, here is the End of the Road. I am not a Technician, I am really not happy with this Stuff.
    If someone likes to try, I will send him/her the original Camtasia Studio 5 File (free Download for 30 Days) or the .mov file.

Today I was on the Road with our ChangJiang, really not cold! ... and I have another Question:

When riding alone, I would like to have a Helmet Camcorder, not a fixed one on the Bike. There is sooooo much to see arround!
    I can cut off every "shit" take, or Stop, to make a Take with our Panasonic. I would like to capture the Things I see, not a "fixed Shot". any Ideas what we should buy?
    .....and Please, easy to connect, you know, I am not the Technician in our small family.
    ( Andy !!!! you have shown me on your Post tooooo much cables!)
    so, Hello and Good Night to everyone.
    SH

Sabine,

There are wireless video cameras that record straight to an SD card. The quality from these is not always the best but they are convenient, waterproof and could be fun to play with.

Here's a link to check some out. There are better one's available but they are much more expensive and this is not a bad place to start.
    http://www2.oregonscientific.com/ass...s/ATC3K_rg.jpg

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

6. #26 this looks nice !! 
    yes, something like that. During the Holidays we will check it out.
    Thank`s !!

7. #27 Helmet cam 
    Hi Sabine

The shop in Germany, where I got my recorder from, offers some package solutions. Check out their site.

If you ask our ever present friends from Google for "Helmkamera", you'll have material for a day of reading.

Andy

8. #28 Helmet-Cam 
    a very good link, good Informations.
    The small SUV Cam2 would be nice but I dont like > integrierter Akku<. It is much more better to have seperate, chargeable Akkus.
    ...... and they are really expensive, I didn`t thought that. Most of them are more expencive than our big Panasinic Camcorder! Maybe we will check the Internet for Informations and than go to Zongguanchun to test some.
    You own one, are you satisfied with the Recording Results?
    SH

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123