Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 CFMoto 650TR side stand lengthening mod 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    After viewing Prince666's side stand mod, and Robs side stand mod, I decided "hey, I want one of those" as I was getting a little sick of having to carry, place then retrieve a suitably fashioned block of wood, placed under the side stand to alter the lean angle of the TR while parked or when refuelling - the latter of which results in a little more fuel added to the tank when refuelling. So I contacted Prince666 who offered to help me have one of the adaptors fabricated. Discussion has also occurred concerning having these manufactrued through a mates CNC/metalwork factory, since we are investigating the possible fabrication of a centre stand for the NK/TR's. On the TR at least there is what appears to be a mounting point for a centre stand, that is obscured by the exhaust collector box.

Turns out that there may have been a longer side stand made for the CF650 as one has been seen in the wild, which according to the owner came supplied from the CFMoto factory 'like that'.

If I had to hazard a guess as to why there'd be two different length stands at some point, it might be that the shorter stand was engineered too allow for more lean so that shorter riders (a fairly common stature in PRC) to mount/swing a leg over the CF650. Just a guess though.

Kindly received the side stand foot adaptor, which I've affectionately names clubby (club-foot) from Prince666. Thanks Prince666.

This adaptor has been modified with bigger cuts into the base, resulting in weight saving of some 30% over the same style adaptor that Prince666 first had fabricated. Also differs by using only two mounting points/bolts to secure the adaptor to the side stand foot.

The photos tell the rest of the story... so enough waffle...

CF650TR_Clubfoot_01.jpg

CF650TR_Clubfoot_02.jpg

CF650TR_Clubfoot_03.jpg
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 10-27-2013 at 03:33 AM.