Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Anyone around Pattaya, Thailand? 
    If any members are around Pattaya, Thailand let's meet up & go for a ride I'm "on contract" there for the next 2+ building a pipe rack for the Ichthys Project to be shipped to Australia

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ~ Made In Thailand.jpg
    Every Day .... An Adventure
    Every Meal ... A Feast
    Every Pay .... A Fortune

Ride: Triumph Bonneville 865

2. #2 Re: Anyone around Pattaya, Thailand? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Gidday, welcome aboard the MCM crAziEs bus, were mostly nuts in here, and if we aren't we will be soon enough.

Is your ER-6F one of the made in Thailand ones? Drop by the intro section and leave a bit of a bio about yourself... and we never get enough of looking at photos, two wheels or.....

3. #3 Re: Anyone around Pattaya, Thailand? 
    Hi Bob S

And welcome , before China spent a lot of time in Pattaya for 15 Yeras have loads of friends still in the mad house of Thailand , used to stay up Phratamnak Hill next door to a very nice club called "kinnaree Place" so Pattaya is like a 2nd home to me , but after 15 years its time to move on.
    Now when i come to Thailand i stay up north Chiang Rai , much better riding to be found in the area and i am just about to leave to go to CR , should be out in CR by the 17th and will stay untill end of March 2014.Hopefully a friend from China should be coming out for a few weeks or more lol , so if you get time and its only 1000km from Pattaya , pop up and see us if you get the time Rob, how long have you been in Pattaya and what part do you live .
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #4 Re: Anyone around Pattaya, Thailand? 
    Yep... The new ER-6F is "made in Thailand" just ~ 30km East of where I am now.

First came to SE Asia during Vietnam War... SCUBA training in Pattaya 1968... Returned to Thailand 1992 and lived there ever since... Home is Chumphon, Thailand ~ 600km from where I'm working now...
    Every Meal ... A Feast
    Every Pay .... A Fortune

5. #5 Re: Anyone around Pattaya, Thailand? 
    U've Got It Right... Pattaya is a loonie-bin... I sold a house here ~ 2 years ago (bought when working in Iraq in 2004)... Moved to Chumphon...

First came here in 1968 for SCUBA training (US Army) during the Vietnam War. Returned in 1992 to install a 62 floor steel frame high rise building in Bangkok & decided to stay... Thailand is now my home for the past 21 years.

Just returned from my contract rotation (10 on 3 off) and am soooooo glad my home is not in Pattaya anymore

Spent 3 months up North in 1993 running every river possible with an inflatable kayak. The North is beautiful
    Every Meal ... A Feast
    Every Pay .... A Fortune

6. #6 Re: Anyone around Pattaya, Thailand? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob S View Post
    U've Got It Right... Pattaya is a loonie-bin... I sold a house here ~ 2 years ago (bought when working in Iraq in 2004)... Moved to Chumphon...

First came here in 1968 for SCUBA training (US Army) during the Vietnam War. Returned in 1992 to install a 62 floor steel frame high rise building in Bangkok & decided to stay... Thailand is now my home for the past 21 years.

Just returned from my contract rotation (10 on 3 off) and am soooooo glad my home is not in Pattaya anymore

Spent 3 months up North in 1993 running every river possible with an inflatable kayak. The North is beautiful

Chumphon is not near Pattaya over the west side of Thailand nice area love Ko Samui but hate Phuket, well good luck please keep us all posted with new bike being made in Thailand because these bikes are starting to make their way over to China now so most guys on here are very intrested on what is new in Thailand.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #7 Re: Anyone around Pattaya, Thailand? 
    The bike is worth every "Baht". It's well made, better & faster than my former "ride"... A Vance & Hines race kitted 100+hp Harley XR1200 (not in production anymore) and... I could buy 3 Kawa 650 Ninjas for the price of one stock XR1200... Oh Yeh...
    Every Meal ... A Feast
    Every Pay .... A Fortune