Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 First ride, Sinnis Apache. 
    Well, I took my new Green Apache out yesterday, a very short ride to the shops and back, I've had many large bike so this one came as a pleasant surprise, it being so light, it's so easy to wheel around and manouver.

My first SM, very strange sitting "on top" of it, most bikes I've had, you feel as if sitting on them but, in them if you know what I mean?
    This feels like you're on top, bars seem low, it will take some getting used to, a nice ride.

I've forgotten how gutless 125s are but, that's no problem, I've bought this bike for the London commute so it will be ideal for that, I'm sure it will become more lively after it's run in.

The controls are great, all falls to hand nicely, second nature, it's as good as any jap bike I've had, brakes are a bit weak but, they too, are still running in, the tyres feel a bit skittish (it is wet after all) but again, all new all need running in.

Really pleased with the Finnish on the bike, welds are neat, particularly the swinging are, the colour is great, had a few looks from passers by.

Look forward to putting it through its paces in the heart of London, will keep you updated, for now - very pleased.

TTFN.

2. #2 Re: First ride, Sinnis Apache. 
    the Sinnis is put together well but performance wise its on the lower end of 125's I used to ride with a guy with one when I had a Rieju Marathon Pro 125 SM could be in 4th and he'll just about keep up but for London it could be okay, the tyres are always skittish since they're nylon last ages but no real feel of grip I would suggest Michelin Pilot sportys very good tyres had them fitted to my Supermoto.

Kennon

3. #3 Re: First ride, Sinnis Apache. 
    Hi Kennon, thanks for your reply, I've been looking at new tyres, probably change them and keep the OE one's as backup.

Yes it's a bit slow but we'll see after run in, do you know if it's restricted in any way?

Cheers.
    Rob1n.
    Last edited by Rob1n; 11-03-2013 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Mid-spelling.

4. #4 Re: First ride, Sinnis Apache. 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
    Well, I took my new Green Apache out yesterday, a very short ride to the shops and back, I've had many large bike so this one came as a pleasant surprise, it being so light, it's so easy to wheel around and manouver.

My first SM, very strange sitting "on top" of it, most bikes I've had, you feel as if sitting on them but, in them if you know what I mean?
    This feels like you're on top, bars seem low, it will take some getting used to, a nice ride.

I've forgotten how gutless 125s are but, that's no problem, I've bought this bike for the London commute so it will be ideal for that, I'm sure it will become more lively after it's run in.

The controls are great, all falls to hand nicely, second nature, it's as good as any jap bike I've had, brakes are a bit weak but, they too, are still running in, the tyres feel a bit skittish (it is wet after all) but again, all new all need running in.

Really pleased with the Finnish on the bike, welds are neat, particularly the swinging are, the colour is great, had a few looks from passers by.

Look forward to putting it through its paces in the heart of London, will keep you updated, for now - very pleased.

TTFN.
    Ah huh, but no pictures and it's all fairy dust...

5. #5 Re: First ride, Sinnis Apache. 
    the Michelin's are lovely had them fitted to the supermoto after I got a puncture in my Sava's which were great in the dry but terrible in the wet and took some time to get heat into the Michelin's I never had any issues with Yamaha use them as standard on the YZF R-125 and WR125 and theyre not that expensive which is another plus point.

Performance wise most carb bikes are always jetted super lean to meet emissions so going up a jet size or 2 would be a improvement also getting rid of the cat in the exhaust system you can get a chromed system then change the silencer for something more free flowing, the engine can be bored up to 150cc aswell for more oomph.

Kennon

6. #6 Re: First ride, Sinnis Apache. 
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Ah huh, but no pictures and it's all fairy dust...
    My bike.hope this works, I'm not good at attaching photos!

7. #7 Re: First ride, Sinnis Apache. 
    I like the green! Good choice!! Our (US) Qingqi/Pioneer bikes offered through Qlink and SSR do not offer green; I always liked the orange, especially the more solid orange offered by SSR, but that green is very sharp...

8. #8 Re: First ride, Sinnis Apache. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    the Sinnis is put together well but performance wise its on the lower end of 125's

Kennon
    They have an upgrade to solve the lack of power...a 250cc

9. #9 Re: First ride, Sinnis Apache. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob ahernandez74's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    the Sinnis is put together well but performance wise its on the lower end of 125's I used to ride with a guy with one when I had a Rieju Marathon Pro 125 SM could be in 4th and he'll just about keep up but for London it could be okay, the tyres are always skittish since they're nylon last ages but no real feel of grip I would suggest Michelin Pilot sportys very good tyres had them fitted to my Supermoto.

Kennon
    You can pretty much recommend Michelin Pilot sports in any instance, on a car, on a bike, on your bicycle. LOL. They're basically on the standard of grippyness.

10. #10 Re: First ride, Sinnis Apache. 
    I've now had a couple of forays through London traffic, it's very good nipping through the traffic, as it's running in I'm hoping it will loosen up a bit soon.

It is a bit sluggish but, I have been used to big bikes in the past so, shouldn't expect too much.

It handle very well, brakes are ok but again probably still bedding in, mirrors are good can see quite well with them, even the lights aren't bad,I tend to ride with the high beam on just so the car drivers can see me.

I'm very impressed with the engine/ gearbox, all electrics working well even though it's had a good soaking!

Tyres seem ok, I will be changing them although the OE tyres aren't as bad as I thought the'd be, it has proved to be an excellent town bike, not sure of the economy just yet, I'll try to work that out and post my findings.

I'm impressed with the Apache but can't wait for it to be run in!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast