Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 QINGQI QM200QY or QLINK XF200 HELP! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi! everyone, I just bought a QINGQI QM200QY last saturday on the Craiglist here in Richmond, VA. the guy who sold me the motorcycle gave me the MSO and a bill of sale. The motorcycle dealer on the MOS is DAFIER INC.

I went to my local DMV and got the title and the plates, came back home and try to insurance it with Geico but when I put the VIN number on their web site do not match with anything ( I got the number from the title ).

Went to the garage and I got the number from the motorcycle guess what? the lady at the DMV put something diferent on the title.

Went back to Geico online to get insurance and this time I put the number I got on the motorcycle and that VIN number correspond to a QLINK XF200.

Went back to the motorcycle and look everywhere and everything says QINGQI.

How that can be possible ??? I read the thread about all the names that the QINGQI get in different countries and also know that here in the USA is QLINK XF200 but why the insurance have my VIN number missmatch with the brand and model of my motorcycle? The MOS is for a QINGQI QM200QY and the VIN number on it match the one on the motorcycle.

Am I going to have any problem if I go to the DMV and try to get the VIN number on the title straight? Do they have the same records about this VIN number than the isurance company?

Thank you very much in advance for your comments and advices,

EYEDRENALINE

2. #2 Re: QINGQI QM200QY or QLINK XF200 HELP! 
    C-Moto Regular
    I would take the mso and the title back to DMV and point out to DMV that the two numbers do not match. They should issue you a new title with the correct vin number.

3. #3 Re: QINGQI QM200QY or QLINK XF200 HELP! 
    Does the VIN on the MSO match the frame? Did you make a copy of the MSO before you gave to the DMV? That matters the MSO has to match the frame if not then you have to contact the seller and get a new MSO that matches the frame. Are you sure that the wrong VIN on your title does not reflect a wrong VIN on the MSO? You need to contact the DMV and tell them your VIN on your title does not match your vehicle VIN. They will check it against the MSO and if they made a mistake they will correct it, if it matches the MSO then you need to get a new MSO from the seller.

If the MSO is wrong and the seller cannot issue a new MSO then your screwed. If you insure it with a VIN not on the actual bikes that would be insurance fraud and a felony, using the registration is also technically a felony, it all has to match to be legal.

Whenever anyone buys a used bike or new bike check the numbers on it to insure they match.

Is this is an older model bike as in not a 2012/13? If it is then why is it being sold with an MSO? Perhaps because its MSO has an inaccurate VIN and the seller could not get it titled legally with that MSO?

You can check here to see how to read the VIN and the 10th character is the model year.
    ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/mfrmail/ORG6369.pdf

An MSO that does not match the bike is a useless piece of paper.

4. #4 Re: QINGQI QM200QY or QLINK XF200 HELP! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thank you "Motofan" and "MJH" for your replies.

I went to the DMV today to get the VIN on the title fixed thinking that it was an error from the lady when she put the numbers on the system from the MSO and it was but to make things even worst now when they try to correct the number they noticed that the MSO have 18 digits not 17 like it supose to be.

They took the title away from me and returned me the MSO. I checked and it has an extra letter that do not match the VIN on the bike all other digits match. I was sure that everything matched whe I checked before buy it because I did it but I guess I didnt checked good, my mistake. The DMV supervisor asked me to go to the dealer and give them the MSO and the motorcycle. They supose to have to deal with the manufacture and get another MSO.

I got insurance on the motorcycle with the VIN that is on the motorcycle, I think am OK with the insurance part ( no fraud ). And the supervisor lady at the DMV told me "at least is registered and has a license plate" just come back to get a new title when you get the other MSO with the VIN number correct.

Here is the problem: I bought the bike from a guy who toll me that he used to be partner in business with Dafier, Inc. He toll me also that the bike it was an old stock and when he separated from his partner he keep that motorcycle. I think his relation ship with his ex-partner at the dealer didnt end in good terms.

I called the dealer to get a bill of sale from them to get the title after I failed the first time at the DMV and they said "NO" because I dind bought the motorcycle from them (make sense) thats when I got in touch again with the guy who sold me the motorcycle he said he called the dealer and got the same answer no bill of sale from them so the guy pull out one from his house filled it up and thats how I got the title the second time at the DMV but with the VIN number wrong.

My cuestion now is: There is any other way to get a correct MSO directly from the manufacturer without go through the dealer ??? because the dealer here is not an option.

Thank you!

5. #5 Re: QINGQI QM200QY or QLINK XF200 HELP! 
    PM "Franki". He had the connection(s) inside PRC.

6. #6 Re: QINGQI QM200QY or QLINK XF200 HELP! 
    Contact the guy who sold you the bike and ask for a partial refund, so you can then approach Daifer Inc and offer that partial refund to issue you an MSO.

Contact Daifer and ask them if they are still capable of issuing an MSO, ask daifer if they still have the ability to print one? Ask them if you can pay them to get the MSO corrected.

You have a registration that is not correct, that is illegal, technically. Your insurance is on a bike that is technically illegally registered, that is a huge liability for you if you are involved in an accident. Basically you could be charged with false registration, your Vin on your registration does not match your bike and your insurance company could use that to deny any claim you make. That is not likely to happen, but that probability is actually there and also what damages you have against the guy that sold it to you and also the manufacturer as in Daifer that issued the MSO with an error in the first place and also refused to correct it after made aware of it. Also it has no resale value without a title, its not worth much as it is. They screwed you they need to undo that and tell them you want to be fair about it.

As far as anyone else issuing an MSO for that bike that would be fraud and a felony. Not any better then you changing it yourself only Daifer Inc can correct it for allot of complicated legal reasons.

The lady at the DMV that said at least it is registered is a moron, that cannot count or read.

7. #7 Re: QINGQI QM200QY or QLINK XF200 HELP! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks again "MJH"for your advice and

"MJH", I'm not riding the motorcycle right now, I know I need to take care of this issue first and besides that I have no license for motorcycle yet. I was planing just ride it in my neighborhood to gain some confidence and study for the test but I don't even going to try to do that until everything is right.

I will be off from work this Friday and I will visit the Dealer to see what they can do for me about this matter, thank you again!

8. #8 Re: QINGQI QM200QY or QLINK XF200 HELP! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thank you "humanbeing" also, but I will try to resolve the issue trought the dealer.

9. #9 Re: QINGQI QM200QY or QLINK XF200 HELP! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Just let you know guys that I got my title today. I went to Darfier which is the distributor and they issue me a new MCO with the correct VIN number without any problem. Then went to DMV and 5 min. latter I was walking away with my title and new registration.

Thank you guys again for your time and help, I will be posting pictures of the my china moto soon :-)