Some people, including myself, find the 650TK riding position cramped. I feel like my top half is in the upright touring position , legs sport bike and bum somewhere in-between. I shopped around and found foot peg lowering brackets from http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index...&products_id=2.

These brackets are for the Honda ST1300 so I took the risk, ordered them to see if they would do the job.

bike 011.jpg

The only thing I had to do was drill out the holes for the pin and replace the supplied bolts with bolts to suit the original pegs. The Honda uses about a 6mm pin where as the CF650 is 10mm. Everything else was a perfect fit and no other modifications were required.

bike 012.jpgbike 014.jpgbike 015.jpgbike 016.jpg

As you can see from the photos, the pegs end up 40mm lower, 20mm forward and 20mm wider. The gear lever simply needed to come down 1 spline and works fine. The brake lever was also adjusted down 25mm by removing the lock nut completely from the hydraulic adjusting bolt so that I could get the maximum adjustment. I am going to cut the brake pedal off and replace it with a larger one to compensate for the extra 20mm width as I find you have to twist your foot to get on the brake or just use your toe. The foot brake does work ok but I think it will be better with a larger cruiser type pedal for me.

The change in geometry for me is fantastic. My legs are no longer cramped the difference is night and day.

According to cycle-ergo.com the standard riding position for the CF650TK = knee 74 degrees and hips 79, add 20mm front and 40mm lower it says 119 and 126 degrees. I don't know if this is an accurate calculation but the difference is dramatic.

I strongly recommend this modification if like me you don't have the flexibility in your legs or are too tall for the standard set up. I would also like to find suitable bar risers and wonder if the Honda ST1300 ones will fit ?

Cheers Rob