Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Stellio78 - Changes 2 My V-Raptor 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi all,

New member here and owner of a Skyteam V-Raptor, thought I'd start a thread to show off any changes I make and use this thread to seek any advice/help I might need over this time.

No pics as of yet but all decals have been removed along with print on the back of the seat.

Muffler ordered http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/360693493...84.m1497.l2649 and emission gear removed from the engine (cat still in header pipe)

Will report back when muffler is fitted and add a pic or 2.

Stellio.

2. #2 Re: Stellio78 - Changes 2 My V-Raptor 
    let me remind all of the changes i've made so far.............tires are now Bridgestone (more street oriented type, less vibrations and better handling on wet), took away ALL of the "pollution reducing" stuff including catalyzer in exhaust, took airbox away to mount a used Honda Hornet 600 rear shock adsorber (well worth the ridiculous expense) and put a riser under side stand, had to re-weld most of the rear frame (the one holding the licence plate number)..............currently waiting to install a new odometer (12 euros from a chinese Ebay shop) with partial and total mileage
    am searching for a new front light and an aftermarket exhaust terminal
    was looking for an aftermarket carburetor too but no luck so far
    the rest was mostly usual manteinance but I tried using mostly european parts and accessories as original chinese ones were, let's say, perfectible..........

3. #3 Re: Stellio78 - Changes 2 My V-Raptor 
    wish I could post that my raptor was easily reaching 120 km/h like some friend said before on another website...............not sure if I ever reached that, but surely it took a LOOOOOONG launch to do so
    moreover, travelling for too long at that speed, each and every time I f**k up some headlight or taillight bulb or some other part gets lost due to heavy vibrations
    since I still have a pretty heavy hand on throttle, few days ago I almost messed up my engine during a highway speeding..............engine suddenly lost power and almost died so I instantly pulled clutch to avoid tire block and stopped in a park area
    few minutes after I slowly moved to my mechanic with a strange sound coming from engine head
    he confirmed my suspect about a initial seizure (not sure if this is the right to define piston and cylinder starting to get stuck due to overheating, although oil level was ok, but this happened to me in the past on both 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines while I was speeding a lot for too long)
    he suggested me to just get going and avoid further speeding cause this bike is not meant to be used like that, but the noise is still there and I feel frustrated as anybody can imagine..............what's the use in riding a bike when you cannot speed from time to time ?
    it sounds like riding a ill horse that can just trot and not gallop...........
    he thinks the only reason to open engine would be substituting the whole power unit (piston, cylinder ans so on) and so far it's not worth the expense
    anyhow, should this be the case, does any of you raptor owners out there know about websites where I can find aftermarket pieces (even better if they are NOT from Skyteam and if displacement is a bit bigger than 223 cc) ???