Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Which paddock stand? 
    C-Moto Regular
    I would like to get a paddock stand to use with the 650TR problem is that it leans too far over, very awkward to use my current stand on my own... So was thinking of getting a paddock stand that uses bobbins..

Does anyone know which make of bobbins would fit the rear so I can do the job of lifting the bike on my own?

2. #2 Re: Which paddock stand? 
    I could be wrong but I think the bobbins are generally a universal part. I'm getting some too and a paddock stand over the winter for doing my own maintenance. I'll let you know how things go.

3. #3 Re: Which paddock stand? 
    C-Moto Regular
    Thanks ZMC888... Look forward to your update.

4. #4 Re: Which paddock stand? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Prince666 has a one or two extra side stand foot extenders (club foot) for sale. The race stand bobbins are pretty much a universal item, but can be made from a range of materials and colours. As for a actual race stand, there are also a multitude out there, but you'd best head to a m/c shop and have them measure one up to your bike e.g. take one out and try it. Sure the same race stand used for a Kwaka ER-6F or ER-6N might work. Just watch for the exhaust, since the bobbins mount real close the end of the standard exhaust.

The good thing about getting a side stand foot extender is that this makes the bikes lean angle less when parked on the side stand, and much easier to put onto the rear race stand if you are working alone. Of course a suitable block of wood works well too...

5. #5 Re: Which paddock stand? 
    Last edited by prince666; 11-10-2013 at 01:03 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

6. #6 Re: Which paddock stand? 
    Hi 650TR

Here are some pictures of my padock stand, i got a front and back , but even with the new side stand i made its still a little hard to get the back up by your self but the more you do it the easier it gets lol

Tyres on TR 004.jpg

Tyres on TR 005.jpg

Tyres on TR 007.jpg

Here is the link to Taobao from people in China

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1....1.18.8.ao9fee
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #7 Re: Which paddock stand? 
    Hi 650TR

Did you read Bikerdoc post about clutch cable both mine and his went at about 5000km so keep a eye on it , you could be lucky and have the same one "export model" as Buck & Amy which has done 25k km now and looks fine but just the heads up on it . Both mine and Bikerdoc are the 2012 models.

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...5119#post65119

8. #8 Re: Which paddock stand? 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666
    As Bikerdoc said i have 2 more side stand extender for sale . The first one i had made the weight was 195 grams but the new type got the weight down to 152 grams and when you think a Iphone 4S is 155 grams these new foot pads are very light. i can sell you 1 for 400 Rmb and ship it by air to you at for about 100 Rmb but will have to check the Air shipping cost first, so the total cost ship to you should be about £50 or look at the pictures and get one made in the UK should not be hard to find someone, unlike it was for me in China
    Please put advertise products in the classified section. Then link them to other threads otherwise the thread goes too far off topic.

Thanks for your co-operation!
    Last edited by ZMC888; 11-10-2013 at 02:45 PM.

9. #9 Re: Which paddock stand? 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi 650TR

Did you read Bikerdoc post about clutch cable both mine and his went at about 5000km so keep a eye on it , you could be lucky and have the same one "export model" as Buck & Amy which has done 25k km now and looks fine but just the heads up on it . Both mine and Bikerdoc are the 2012 models.

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...5119#post65119
    Hi prince666

Thanks for the heads up, did read the thread, will monitor mine also ask the garage to check at 4K mile service (garage service needed to comply with 2 year warranty)..

BTW I have had a problem with one of the pannier catches.. Where it springs open as soon as the key is turned... The garage has looked at it and ordered a replacement under warranty.. But, during the inspection they carried out the put a deep V shaped scratch around 2inches long in the pannier. I made them aware of this. They have all ordered a replacement cover that they will Reece at the same time as linkages etc..

I contacted WK Bikes who are the importers and distributors here in UK to ask about top box. They told me that there in one coming... I suspect it may be revealed at the NEC motorcycle Live show in Birmingham, UK later this month

10. #10 Re: Which paddock stand? 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi 650TR

Here are some pictures of my padock stand, i got a front and back , but even with the new side stand i made its still a little hard to get the back up by your self but the more you do it the easier it gets lol

Tyres on TR 004.jpg

Tyres on TR 005.jpg

Tyres on TR 007.jpg

Here is the link to Taobao from people in China

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1....1.18.8.ao9fee
    Hi prince666

Found this at ghostbikes.com could do the job?
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast